• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V SPOILER THREAD| [EXTR3ME] Such a lust for conclusion, T-WHHOOOO

Johndoey

Banned
When I played Peace Walker, I felt bad for him originally. "Wow, this guy is handicapped, seems like an ok guy, and his son is going to cheat on his second wife, and he is going to kill himself" was in the back of my mind for a lot of that game.

Now? Lol, yeah Huey can go fuck himself. If the one idea I can give Kojima credit with this games story is the fact the only reason Huey is able to walk in this game was to contrast that where as almost everyone from MSF lost something, he was the only one to gain.

The change of Huey into the most evil person on earth, in this game felt super abrupt and weird.

JayEH

If we are still on the Chico thing, most of the PW cast is practically ignored and barely mentioned at all.

Chico= Killed in the chopper
Strangelove= Has a death tape
Cecile= WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?
Amanda= Venom on tape 'Yeah, her revolution is going good I guess'
Nuke the cat= Photograph
Galvez= Photograph
Hot Coldman=Skullface in cutscene "Man that guy's plan was dumb... my parasite plan is so much better"

Hahaha. Yeah I'm disappointed they were just dropped from V.

A-V-B

Hahaha. Yeah I'm disappointed they were just dropped from V.

Here's the truth.

In Big Boss's real story, he interacts with nearly all the characters from Peace Walker and 3 who are still alive. We just don't get to see it.

Nice, huh.

sjay1994

The change of Huey into the most evil person on earth, in this game felt super abrupt and weird.

Didn't help that Christopher Randolph was still doing his voice.

"Oh, David Hayter can't be Snake anymore, because we want to convey that he is becoming a villain, and not a hero anymore"

But the voice of this really pathetic, albeit likeable otaku engineer is now voicing his piece of shit father who people thought was originally an ok guy.

Well the most we knew about him at the time was he got cuck'd by his son then tried his hand at some murder-suicide via drowning.

Seriously, I've asked this before, but why does everyone think Huey's intent was to kill Emma? I thought he was just killing himself, and she almost drowned because she tried to save him.

Seriously, I've asked this before, but why does everyone think Huey's intent was to kill Emma? I thought he was just killing himself, and she almost drowned because she tried to save him.

It's been a minute since I played mgs2 but I was always under the impression that he tried to take Emma with him. Sort of a pathetic revenge against the woman who cheated on him with his own son, he'd take her daughter, that sort of thing. I'm not sure what specifically was said but that was how I remember it, even before playing MGSV.

sjay1994

It's been a minute since I played mgs2 but I was always under the impression that he tried to take Emma with him. Sort of a pathetic revenge against the woman who cheated on him with his own son, he'd take her daughter, that sort of thing. I'm not sure what specifically was said but that was how I remember it, even before playing MGSV.

The game isn't exactly clear on whether Huey intentionally tried to take Emma with him or not. It just says Emma got dragged with him.

If anything, hopefully the meeting results in Kojima's next production heading to the PS4. He's still an excellent game designer for the most part, but I've lost a ton of admiration over him as a storyteller over the past decade. His willingness to disregard established canon is an unforgivable sin when it results in the fanbase pretty much being unable to trust the very foundation in which the franchise has built upon.

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Allow me to reiterate how garbage Strangelove is, is spent the last 10 pathetic minutes of her life professing her undying love to a dead woman she met once like 20 years prior.

How did Amanda get a proper mention on a tape but Chico didn't?! Its a goddamn conspiracy man!

Strangelove received that name precisely because of her love towards The Boss. The same way Huey followed her, she followed The Boss. She became obsessed with her, the same way Zero and Big Boss did. I kind of felt bad for her.

Also, Chico gets a one time mention in a tape where Kaz says that "he did not deserve to die in that crash".

Azzanadra

Otacon's whole family is messed up.

His dad is a lying, traitorous scumbag.

His biological mother made me endure the worst case of MGS button mashing ever, over a situation she barely understood.

His step-mother is a pedophile, or a hebephile in this case.

His half-sister willingly programs a Metal Gear that censors information just to spite her brother.

So... this game must have had some pretty drastic cuts, right? Like, beyond what we've seen. There are just so many things left dangling.

Why did Chico have a headphone jack in his chest?

What was Strangelove's hidden code in the Mammal Pod AI designed to do?

Why did Amanda sound "too cheery" when she was told Chico had been captured?

Why did Code Talker warn us about Kaz?

These are significant mysteries that wouldn't have been included in the game(s) if they weren't initially planned to have answers.

StoveOven

Banned
So... this game must have had some pretty drastic cuts, right? Like, beyond what we've seen. There are just so many things left dangling.

Why did Chico have a headphone jack in his chest?

What was Strangelove's hidden code in the Mammal Pod AI designed to do?

Why did Amanda sound "too cheery" when she was told Chico had been captured?

Why did Code Talker warn us about Kaz?

These are significant mysteries that wouldn't have been included in the game(s) if they weren't initially planned to have answers.

Assuming you are talking about him saying "Eyes on Kazuhira", I assumed that he was suggesting that Miller was blind (at least to an extent). When you consider that his eyes look really milky and he always wears dark glasses, it makes sense. However, the way it's brought up there is incredibly confusing

Otacon's whole family is messed up.

His dad is a lying, traitorous scumbag.

His biological mother made em endure the worst case of MGS button mashing ever, over a situation she barely understood.

His step-mother is a pedophile, or a hebephile in this case.

His half-sister willingly programs a Metal Gear that censors information just to spite her brother.

Not to mention they all jump at any opportunity to pee their pants

KOMANI

KOMANI
I was taking the CLEAR challenge (beat mission 33 in under 2 minutes using stealth), and I noticed that it rains in the beginning of the mission... It never rains in Afghanistan except for that mission. Makes me want more rain in the desert.

Assuming you are talking about him saying "Eyes on Kazuhira", I assumed that he was suggesting that Miller was blind (at least to an extent). When you consider that his eyes look really milky and he always wears dark glasses, it makes sense. However, the way it's brought up there is incredibly confusing

If that were the case, I'd imagine "the parasites say.... Kazuhira can't see shit," would have been a more efficient choice of words.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Well to be fair he doesn't seem to shy away from details when talking about parasites, Wolbachia or copulation male to female the Diné.

Welcome to Kojima's writing inconsistencies. Also explained by the fact that if you don't explain the parasites it would be worse than freaking nanomachines.

ElFly

it gets a lot harder later on because S rank guards have massive massive LOS and much faster detection =/ and they have crazy mortar accuracy and can throw grenades 2x as far (I measured it lol) as Snake

Does this count pressing and holding the shoot button? this makes Snake throw with more force (the animation is even different) and doubles his range.

I'd like to know how Code Talker's warning plays out in the other translations. Maybe it's less ambiguous in Japanese?

Because if it really was just a way to hint at Miller's blindness it's almost worse than if it was a legitimate warning of something that was cut.

I mean, it's pretty hard to hide blindness, especially from the people you're around all the time. It doesn't even make sense if it's just for the player's benefit, because Kaz's vision problems are already hinted at when you rescue him, and Miller's milky eyes were shown prominently in pre-release footage.

Not to mention the fact that we don't even know if Kaz does have vision problems, or if he does, when they develop and how much they're impacting him.

So, I've been thinking that while Skullface doesn't have any real reasons for hating Big Boss, it makes a lot of sense to try to take him out along with MSF. What I mean is, even when Skullface didn't have his plan at the time of Ground Zeroes, if you were some crazy guy with a desire to change the world order, you wouldn't want a guy like BB around.

Think about it, Big Boss had a Metal Gear, a nuke, one of the best military forces in the world and the guy is the best soldier ever. Even with Zero out of the picture, there was too much risk in letting MSF expand even more. You try to pull any grand plan that Big Boss doesn't like and it's not going to end well for you. It would be best to get rid of him while you still can, Huey gave him that opportunity and Skullface just took it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
You know, it's been over 2 weeks since I've played MGSV, and every time I think of playing some more, all I can think of is: I've been raided a dozen times and have now lost everyone.

So, I continue to not go back.

JayEH

You know, it's been over 2 weeks since I've played MGSV, and every time I think of playing some more, all I can think of is: I've been raided a dozen times and have now lost everyone.

So, I continue to not go back.

Haha. I haven't played for a few days so I'm looking forward to see everything I lost. I really dislike that aspect of the game. Don't know why they thought invasions while being offline was cool.

Haha. I haven't played for a few days so I'm looking forward to see everything I lost. I really dislike that aspect of the game. Don't know why they thought invasions while being offline was cool.

I solved this problem by just staying offline. As long as I hit "decline" every time I start the game up I'll never know how many of my resources are phantoms.

Fuck the FOB system.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Which raises an important question. What will happen why MGO launches?

Erigu

Assuming you are talking about him saying "Eyes on Kazuhira", I assumed that he was suggesting that Miller was blind (at least to an extent).
No, the Japanese text doesn't say anything about eyes. It's just a "don't trust him" warning.

I got invaded at least twice a night for the 1st week or so it was available. Every single time I tried to get guys/stuff back, I'd get spotted quick and shotgunned to death.

Yikes. Loosing people early must've been the worst thing that can happen. At least later on you unlock wormhole and fulton like it's nothing.

The worst thing about this game is that the sneaking suit doesn't have a scarf option.

How will that even work?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, I played it off, because at the time I was doing alot of nothing but randomly hitting bases, looking for high quality players, to the point I had 70 people in the brig with various A+ and above ratings, waiting to come out. Not sure where I left off now, though.

Sagroth

Can someone please telI me how to unlock Mission 46? Mother Base is fully developed, I have beaten Mission 45, and the only side ops that I have yet to complete(that are unlocked) are the target practice ones. Now, I have a few story missions I could theoretically complete(all remixes, and no friggin way am I gonna do Metallic Archea on Extreme unless I absolutely have to), but is that what is needed? I'd rather avoid Subsistence and Extreme replays unless it is absolutely necessary(though I have S ranked mission 50 and a few of the remix missions). What do I still need to do?

Haunted

> sets up idealistic character all the other characters love
> spends 20+ hours developing the character into a solid soldier who goes through shit with everyone
> develops character by putting him in a fucking brutal prisoner of war situation

> kills character offscreen with no fanfare and mentions him once, for two seconds, then never again
so you're ok with child soldiers

i thought that was why bikkobossu was a villain

Can someone please telI me how to unlock Mission 46? Mother Base is fully developed, I have beaten Mission 45, and the only side ops that I have yet to complete(that are unlocked) are the target practice ones. Now, I have a few story missions I could theoretically complete(all remixes, and no friggin way am I gonna do Metallic Archea on Extreme unless I absolutely have to), but is that what is needed? I'd rather avoid Subsistence and Extreme replays unless it is absolutely necessary(though I have S ranked mission 50 and a few of the remix missions). What do I still need to do?
Did you listen to all the tapes marked in yellow? You've done far more than enough than what should typically unlock it.

Haunted

If you did the non-repeat main missions, checked off the yellow tapes and did all the yellow sideops, you've got the requirements done.

Complete another sideops (doesn't matter if you've completed it before) to see if that triggers something.

I didn't do any of the repeat missions except for the first subsistence one, so they're definitely not necessary.

Top Bottom