• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V SPOILER THREAD| [EXTR3ME] Such a lust for conclusion, T-WHHOOOO

Reebot

So do Quiet's powers have a downside? Could I snag like the Kikongo strain of magic bug and run around with super cool powers while showing off my rocking bod?

Johndoey

Banned
So do Quiet's powers have a downside? Could I snag like the Kikongo strain of magic bug and run around with super cool powers while showing off my rocking bod?

If I recall correctly she can't be fully immersed in water, and salt water will ruin you, but considering the End wore clothes (special clothes but still) I feel Quiet might have just been an exhibitionist. Also you need a good source of sunlight consistently.

Reebot

If I recall correctly she can't be fully immersed in water, and salt water will ruin you, but considering the End wore clothes (special clothes but still) I feel Quiet might have just been an exhibitionist. Also you need a good source of sunlight consistently.

If only The End remembered he could turn invisible and teleport, he might have beaten Snake :(

KOMANI

KOMANI
Like a snail?

Johndoey

Banned
i just finished the game i guess lol

i heard it ends abruptly, but i was still caught off guard

Join in our phantom pain.

If only The End remembered he could turn invisible and teleport, he might have beaten Snake :(

Considering the End used a tranq rifle and was batting 100 yrs I feel dude might have been going easy on Snake.

Like a snail?

Yes, but with more tit shots.

Golnei

He intentionally used tranquiliser rounds to level the playing field, it's not that out of character for him to refrain from using the more broken parasite powers.

Also you need a good source of sunlight consistently.

She seems to be okay sunbathing in the middle of the night, so she can't need that much direct sunlight.

Johndoey

Banned
He intentionally used tranquiliser rounds to level the playing field, it's not that out of character for him to refrain from using the more broken parasite powers.

She seems to be okay sunbathing in the middle of the night, so she can't need that much direct sunlight.

Its almost like her abilities and limitations are super sketchy.

tariniel

So I had read all about how hard it is to unlock Mission 46, you have to finish MB development, all missions, yada. Even if I google it I get that same information.

But I somehow had mission 46 unlocked before side op 150 and mission 45. My MB is not even close to done (half of the platforms are level 3, the rest are level 2), and I didn't do most of the hard-mode missions either.

So the guides on how to unlock it are just wrong? Or is this a common thing and I'm only now seeing because I finished the game and feel comfortable reading threads now.

Xiraiya

Yeah, that was the biggest blue balling in the game. Especially since the first thing you see is
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
That opening and zoom in to the tape made me think the whole game is actually just a flashback from that one moment when he is listening to the Intrude tape in the bathroom.

So I had read all about how hard it is to unlock Mission 46, you have to finish MB development, all missions, yada. Even if I google it I get that same information.

But I somehow had mission 46 unlocked before side op 150 and mission 45. My MB is not even close to done (half of the platforms are level 3, the rest are level 2), and I didn't do most of the hard-mode missions either.

So the guides on how to unlock it are just wrong? Or is this a common thing and I'm only now seeing because I finished the game and feel comfortable reading threads now.

my MB wasn't done (and still isn't, how the fuck do I get more fuel resources?!), I just kept doing Side missions.

Pavaloo

Welcome to the true phantom pain.

Join in our phantom pain.

Considering the End used a tranq rifle and was batting 100 yrs I feel dude might have been going easy on Snake.

Yes, but with more tit shots.

Welcome to the real Phantom Pain!

Here is your trauma kit. Link

It explains some stuff. Feel free to ask the nursing staff here anything to soothe the burn.

thanks everyone! gonna read up for sure. listening to cassette tapes at the moment haha

JayEH

I don't need to prove a negative, and I'm not saying he wasn't retired: I'm saying it is never stated how long after Outer Heaven he retires.

well the way you're phrasing implies that you don't think it happens. and in the wiki there's actually quite a lot of info on him between mg1 and 2. So unless that info comes from a non canon source there's no reason to not believe it.

M3z_

This is the method I came up with when fighting this boss the first time, thought I was so clever I did a second and recorded it. Even though I now realize it is already a known method had to post because this was just too perfect

BTW, seriously, wasn't anyone expecting something else to come out of this?

bb-skullface-on-mb.jpg

Oh my God, I still can't believe that Hallucination Skull Face is confined to that one scene. Such a criminally under-used villain, he spends the majority of the game completely absent, finally reveals his master plan in the bizarre Jeep scene like ten minutes before his wet fart of a death scene without even a bossfight. Then you see Big Boss hallucinating him and you think it's about to get awesome, Skull Face is going to be hanging out in BB's head, taunting him, forcing BB to go through an actual character arc...

Nope. Nothing. He's dropped like a sack of potatoes.

my gripe with Kojima's treatment sans MGS3, is how much bullshit is introduced and then immedialty thrown out.... it's almost worse than midi-chlorines. Check out this crazy ass Metal Gear that is pretty much better than future ones. Here's a child God. Here's some crazy ass AI units that are never used again.

whyman

Ok so here we go. Konami is talking about a "day 30" patch. (Here I was just getting used to day 1 patches) Chapter 3 anyone?

SJRB

Gold Member
Oh my God, I still can't believe that Hallucination Skull Face is confined to that one scene. Such a criminally under-used villain, he spends the majority of the game completely absent, finally reveals his master plan in the bizarre Jeep scene like ten minutes before his wet fart of a death scene without even a bossfight. Then you see Big Boss hallucinating him and you think it's about to get awesome, Skull Face is going to be hanging out in BB's head, taunting him, forcing BB to go through an actual character arc...

Nope. Nothing. He's dropped like a sack of potatoes.

In terms of hallucinations I wish Kojima took a page from Arkham Knight in that regard.

Heavy spoilers for Arkham Knight:

The Joker hallucinations are the best part of the game, how he randomly appears all throughout the game world. The game also does an incredible job of mindfucking the player with subtle changes in the game world for short moments.

In terms of hallucinations I wish Kojima took a page from Arkham Knight in that regard.

Heavy spoilers for Arkham Knight:

The Joker hallucinations are the best part of the game, how he randomly appears all throughout the game world. The game also does an incredible job of mindfucking the player with subtle changes in the game world for short moments.

That's pretty much exactly what I was hoping for with MGSV's hallucinations. Arkham Knight does some incredible stuff with Batman becoming unhinged from reality. You'll walk into a room and the entire environment will change behind you without you realising it until you've turned your back. The way they play with your control over the camera, subtly manipulating you into looking where they want you to look without you realising it, is amazing.

MGSV's hallucinations, by comparison, are just presented so plainly. You'll see a bunch of shit and then forty hours later a Cassette Tape tells you that, no, that was actually real, bruh. Myelin sheaths Wolbachia Bilaga'ana.

my MB wasn't done (and still isn't, how the fuck do I get more fuel resources?!), I just kept doing Side missions.
fuel is always a huge bottleneck

I'm at 4/4 everything in MB and a couple at my FOB with almost 500K Heroism now, but I'm stuck with a few 3/4s at my FOB despite having been persistently capped out at 5m GMP, 200K metals and bio, and always +10K unprocessed MB fuel and +50K unprocessed FOB fuel because I'm stuck waiting for all my container fuel to process lol

if there was no GMP cap I probably have over 100m in excess GMP at this point but i'm stuck still waiting for almost 225K fuel to process for my last 3 3/4 platforms ;p I think my processed and unprocessed are close to 60K each and yet still gotta wait for the processing, which is still rather slow at 8/8.

game needs a resource trading market or something lol

MisterMac

Honestly if Kojima had been more honest about the real reason for Quiet's attire I would've been like "Let your freak flag fly brother!", but he tried for the lame justifications and it really soured my opinion of him.

When her outfit was revealed he said he wanted to design a more "erotic" character and then everyone screamed until he made up some bullshit about an explanation and everyone ate it up and stop screaming about her tits.

I just finished mission 43 and am thinking I will quit the game there. Are we even clear on what prompts mission 46?? Is it just doing more side ops?

Reebot

I just finished mission 43 and am thinking I will quit the game there. Are we even clear on what prompts mission 46?? Is it just doing more side ops?

It unlocked for me seemingly at random after doing some missions. I didn't have full MB or anything like that.

JayEH

If you've done all the yellow side ops and non repeat missions then you've met all the requirements. I recommend just doing a random story mission and you might get it to trigger. There isn't really a sure fire way to trigger it.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I read online that you need to have every part of Mother Base to 3 or higher. For those of you who got Mission 46, how upgraded was your MB? Mine is mostly 2's right now. So would not be worth it to me.

When her outfit was revealed he said he wanted to design a more "erotic" character and then everyone screamed until he made up some bullshit about an explanation and everyone ate it up and stop screaming about her tits.
The worst part is that he already created a sexy (while mot entirely the same as erotic) in MGS1 and MGS3 with a purpose. Feels like Quiet's main purpose is to be a damn figurine model.

Xiraiya

This is the method I came up with when fighting this boss the first time, thought I was so clever I did a second and recorded it. Even though I now realize it is already a known method had to post because this was just too perfect

I like the tank method the best, set a tank supply drop near a tower, hang around said drop area, lure him to it, let him and Mantis get hit by the tank while he's stunned by water, out for good after that.

Reebot

Thanks for the responses, guys. I read online that you need to have every part of Mother Base to 3 or higher. For those of you who got Mission 46, how upgraded was your MB? Mine is mostly 2's right now. So would not be worth it to me.

I think mine were at least all level 3.

Xiraiya

That explanation for Quiet would have been there from conception. Kojima has always had an erotic character or two in literally every MGS game, it's just a thing he does, I generally can't stand fan service in most forms of entertainment but sometimes it's somehow presented in just the right way or context for me to not really feel strongly about it one way or the other, probably because he is willing to do dumb shit to a character regardless of their gender.

MGS1 - Sniper Wolf (More so in concept art)
MGS2 - Raiden
MGS3 - Eva, The Boss (Mainly her concept art), Raikov
MGS4 - Akiba, Liquid Ocelot
PW - Miller & Big Boss, Paz & Strangelove

So you know, it's nothing really new or mind blowing, I do like Quiet however in general, I put her in the XOF outfit (I wish I could use the Sniper Wolf outfit without making her hair blonde).

Hypron

Huhhhh... How do you keep morale from declining?

I just finished all the mission tasks and everything this morning (just working on the animals right now), but I ran out of GMP at the beginning of the last mission I played (Mission 45). I was going for the "extract all vehicles" mission objective so I died quite a lot and ended up spending more than half an hour retrying. I started getting notifications that morale was declining and people were leaving during the mission, but I thought it'd stop once I finished the mission and regained a negative GMP balance.

But it hasn't stopped, people are still leaving my base even though my GMP balance is like +1 million (and my heroism is >700,000).

I don't need those staff members because I've pretty much finished the game but it still annoys me :(

I just finished all the mission tasks and everything this morning (just working on the animals right now), but I ran out of GMP at the beginning of the last mission I played (Mission 45). I was going for the "extract all vehicles" mission objective so I died quite a lot and ended up spending more than half an hour retrying. I started getting notifications that morale was declining and people were leaving during the mission, but I thought it'd stop once I finished the mission and regained a negative GMP balance.

But it hasn't stopped, people are still leaving my base even though my GMP balance is like +1 million (and my heroism is >700,000).

I don't need those staff members because I've pretty much finished the game but it still annoys me :(

if you run near your soldiers on motherbase, they'll salute and morale will increase.

For some reason, using the arm sonar will increase the range for getting soldiers to salute, even if theyr're on a different level or on the other side of a wall.

It happens when you haven't visited Mother Base in a while (which you aren't really likely to do at the end of the game). Just cruise around getting soldiers to salute you for a while and it should go back up.

Warablo

I don't think you need that at all. I think just make sure all the yellow tapes are unmarked and yellow side ops. Once those are done, it should pop up in like 1-3 side ops missions.

That explanation for Quiet would have been there from conception. Kojima has always had an erotic character or two in literally every MGS game, it's just a thing he does, I generally can't stand fan service in most forms of entertainment but sometimes it's somehow presented in just the right way or context for me to not really feel strongly about it one way or the other, probably because he is willing to do dumb shit to a character regardless of their gender.

MGS1 - Sniper Wolf (More so in concept art)
MGS2 - Raiden
MGS3 - Eva, The Boss (Mainly her concept art), Raikov
MGS4 - Akiba, Liquid Ocelot
PW - Miller & Big Boss, Paz & Strangelove

So you know, it's nothing really new or mind blowing, I do like Quiet however in general, I put her in the XOF outfit (I wish I could use the Sniper Wolf outfit without making her hair blonde).

I'm not...uh...are you citing Akiba and Liquid Ocelot as examples of erotic charcters from MGS4?

Hypron

if you run near your soldiers on motherbase, they'll salute and morale will increase.

For some reason, using the arm sonar will increase the range for getting soldiers to salute, even if theyr're on a different level or on the other side of a wall.

It happens when you haven't visited Mother Base in a while (which you aren't really likely to do at the end of the game). Just cruise around getting soldiers to salute you for a while and it should go back up.

Okay, thanks!

I never really bothered to actually go around the base getting everyone to salute me. I'd just get the 4 guys at the main landing pad to salute me haha.

I'll try doing that (as Raiden :p I gotta use him for something at least - I kept mission 45 till the very end so now that I've unlocked him I don't have anything else left to do apart from replaying missions).

I don't think you need that at all. I think just make sure all the yellow tapes are unmarked and yellow side ops. Once those are done, it should pop up in like 1-3 side ops missions.

Hmm maybe you're right. After 3, the cassette tapes of emerich along with missions 44 and 47 unlocked. Still no 46 though. Do I go back to side ops again for that to unlock?

Top Bottom