• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

KingKong

On Chapter 2, and
the repeating missions are just bizarre. Like why those, why the random difficulty increases (this one is true stealth, this one is no items), why even have them be somewhat optional. Is it just padding?

yuraya

It's crazy how many solutions there are. I used
C4 on the water towers to stall him until I flew away.

Yea there are also
those blue water containers or wtvr underneath the big shed area which you can blow up with C4 when he is walking near them. Or of course the easiest thing to do is have Quiet piss him off with tranq darts while you escape :) He starts shooting fireballs at her like crazy until she moves to a new location lol. Its just enough time to call the chopper.

Woo-Fu

Banned
man i cant fucking wait to get quiet a silcener...

Makes any mission without a boss and without an enemy alert instant failure state pretty much a cakewalk. Stick her in a good spot, tell her to cover you and then just watch the screen fill up with blue zzz.

Another funny thing to do is park her within sight of an enemy mortar and tell her to cover you. Every enemy within range will eventually try to get to that mortar to smoke her out and she'll leave all of them in a slumber pile right by the mortar for you to pick and choose the ones you want to fulton and the ones you want to shoot in the head to save a bit of menu fumbling later on.

oh damn ot2

finished mission 18. i keep getting rank A and S now. feels weird man. the start was a little slower for me.

any additional cost when you start with a vehicle? i didnt notice anything. thanks.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
On Chapter 2, and
the repeating missions are just bizarre. Like why those, why the random difficulty increases (this one is true stealth, this one is no items), why even have them be somewhat optional. Is it just padding?

They're obviously just challenge modes man, they're not necessary to do

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It really is crazy how many solutions there are. For me
it rained and he disappeared lol

I have to admit, this is my absolute favorite way it could have played out.

It would have been better if
squirting him with the water pistol actually worked. It was the very first thing I tried when radio support told me to "remember Cypress". I did love that the game at least acknowledged that I tried it.

Soulflarz

Banned

squirting him with the water pistol actually worked. It was the very first thing I tried when radio support told me to "remember Cypress". I did love that the game at least acknowledged that I tried it.

Yep, we both tried it. The game laughs at you ;-;

Cutscene right before chapter 2
Holy shit at all the spoilers for chapter 2, I wanted to turn my head away but I just couldn't. What was even the point of that.

Is there a way to get yourself clean other than going back to MB to shower? Like can I crawl through a river? Or just stand in the rain?

Jintor

Cutscene right before chapter 2
Holy shit at all the spoilers for chapter 2, I wanted to turn my head away but I just couldn't. What was even the point of that.

kojima playing with episodic model i guess

wasn't that spoilery... or rather, about as spoilery as a teaser trailer for a tv series.

okay it's a bit spoilery

Soulflarz

Banned
Ōkami;177805889 said:
Yes, S ranked mission 42, it was a lot of fun.

Am I the only one who enjoys fighting the skulls?

They aren't exactly hard :V So I'm indiff to them to be honest? Could get worse later on, I'm only on 28.

So fuck mission 16. Especially that second part, though I was able to
lure the Skulls away, fulton the truck, and then run to the other armored transport and book it out of there. Whew.
Glad I still came away with a B.
I thought I posted in this thread and completely forgot for a second there :p

Man, this game is too good. I've been constantly talking to a friend while we both play, and it's been awesome to see the differences in how we have been doing things.

The only thing that really bugs me so far is the save system, I always feel like I'm gonna lose progress if I just exit the game right when I want to, so I have to go do something to force the auto save, and even then I still feel like I'm gonna lose some progress lol.

Maxios

Mission 20 spoilers: If you
squirt him enough times with it (around 50, I think), it actually will incapacitate him for around thirty seconds.

Kriken

I just lost an hour or two of progress, I was all ready to start mission 31 when my computer crashed. After rebooting it (and the patch downloaded) it booted me to midway through mission 30 >.<

JTripper

Okay. Fuck mission 45 for being mission 45, but now I find out you can't fucking leave the mission? I have to finish this shit with my current weapons now!? Are you fucking kidding me!?

tuxfool

Banned
Okay. Fuck mission 45 for being mission 45, but now I find out you can't fucking leave the mission? I have to finish this shit with my current weapons now!? Are you fucking kidding me!?

Yup. As stated above you can get supply drops. Also
Quiet automatically calls in ammo drops for you.

I'm taking my sweet ass time on this game and not even actively trying to. Just finished mission 6, and it was the best yet...and there is so much to go. Been a long time since a game made me think about playing it when I'm busy doing other things.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I really wish you could have more load out flexibility

Maybe I wanna use an SMG as a primary and a shotgun as a secondary?

Maybe I want no primary at all?

Maybe I want no secondary at all?

MAX PAYMENT

On Chapter 2, and

Yeah. Game is clearly unfinished. act 2 makes me HUGELY disappointed.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Is there a way to get yourself clean other than going back to MB to shower? Like can I crawl through a river? Or just stand in the rain?

In your loadout config you can change what clothing you're wearing and it will wash you up.

But I'm pretty sure there are actual benefits to showering, I heard it improves reflex time and lowers the chances of enemies detecting you when sneaking up on them real close.

Yeah. Game is clearly unfinished. act 2 makes me HUGELY disappointed.

I think it's by design. Peacewalker was the same way, you had to do a bunch of random sideops to progress and then a bunch of capture missions over and over. It's odd but intentional I believe

(I am still working on Chapter 2 but haven't finished it yet)

Soulflarz

Banned
I think it's by design. Peacewalker was the same way, you had to do a bunch of random sideops to progress and then a bunch of capture missions over and over. It's odd but intentional I believe

(I am still working on Chapter 2 but haven't finished it yet)

Remember MGS2 arguably has intentional flaws to make parallels to MGS1 :p

So mission 28
are the skulls supposed to be hard? I just snuck by them all >_>

Ōkami

Post side op 143 spoiler.

You can hear thhe mammal pod talking on the R & D platform, its at the top level, you can go see it.

Nothing special though, if you get close it calls you Jack and then just keeps talking.

Permanently A

Is there any harm in having all your base units filled? I've got a billion E ranks sitting in my waiting room, should I dismiss them or is it okay to just leave them there?

Salsa

its sunday and I ended up taking like a break all day. didnt play

50 hours or so got me pretty fried and I feel this is healthy but deep down I know i'll regret it tomorrow when I have shit to do

Kindekuma

Banned
Finished Chapter 1

Holy HELL man. GOTY
That Sins of the Father
That
Sahalenthropus fight
That
getting revenge on Skullface

This game man, it's GOAT for me at this point.

Tabris

No harm unless you hate clutter.

You do hit a limit. I don't know if it dismisses who you recruited or who's the worst in your waiting list. I got it once with a dismiss notice but it didn't say who.

I'm at 83% on Side Ops. I've cleared all the fun ones. Now it's just armoured vehicles, tanks, and
skulls

Tabris

Do you need to do the EXTREME and TRUE STEALTH missions in Chapter 2 to progress the story? So far I've progressed it just fine without doing them. I was planning to leave them until the end, same with
Quiet's exit
. I've just finished Mission 43 by the way.

Do you need to do the EXTREME and TRUE STEALTH missions in Chapter 2 to progress the story? So far I've progressed it just fine without doing them. I was planning to leave them until the end, same with
Quiet's exit

Nope. Just do side ops and keep visiting mother base every once in a while.

Top Bottom