• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Is there any reason to keep duplicates of vehicles? I know weapons can be used for FOB but not seeing the point of having multiple of 1 jeep. What about walkers?

A-V-B

Best mission in the game IMO, wish there were more like it. The
sneaking
just feels so fucking good

Same here! I tried doing half'n'half, lots of crouching and tranq'ing, but the snipers always seemed to spot me. So I went full in, and it worked insanely well. Felt like a champ :)

J.EM1

Same here! I tried doing half'n'half, lots of crouching and tranq'ing, but the snipers always seemed to spot me. So I went full in, and it worked insanely well. Felt like a champ :)
My favorite mission as well. It's so much fun either solo or with a buddy.

Juicy Bob

Today, I finished Episode 31. My reaction is as follows:

I BETTER GET ALL THE FUCKING ANSWERS IN CHAPTER TWO KOJIMA YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I've been playing this for weeks now, and have just now been able to connect to a server. What's a PF point, and can I use it to buy fuel like the Server Message says?

A-V-B

I BETTER GET ALL THE FUCKING ANSWERS IN CHAPTER TWO KOJIMA YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD

I'm at about the same point. Any big theories about the endgame?

I'm still wondering if (possible Big Boss twist spoiler, so don't go in on this one if you don't even want the possibility of getting spoiled)
Snake has been a fake, and the real Snake has been working on the edges, surgically altered with the face you created at the beginning of the game to throw off Cipher's trail. There's got to be some big twist like this. The guy with Snake's voice was a real person, after all. An illusion couldn't've saved the protagonist from the Man on Fire by driving an ambulance.

It would make the scenes with Eli a real emotional fakeout, though.

Salsa

yeah fuck this code talker mission and fuck the skulls

wtf did reviewers saying this is the best game evarrr played? this is a clear cut issue and it's boring as hell

16BitNova

Ok Gaf so I just finished Peace Walker and GZ. I'm ready to jump into this. Some questions though.

I'm huge on story and don't want to miss anything. I hear there is a true ending? And you can miss a mission 46 or something? Can anyone tell me what I must do to make sure I get all the story? I don't wanna miss the best ending or any missions.

Anth0ny

yeah fuck this code talker mission and fuck the skulls

wtf did reviewers saying this is the best game evarrr played? this is a clear cut issue and it's boring as hell

yeah the perfect scores and talk of "best MGS ever!" is fucking baffling to me. the game is great but there are so many clear flaws here.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?

kristen-laugh-cry-1436968659.gif

Blastoise

Banned
How detailed is the Official Strategy Guide for MGSV? Doesn't it have all the secret info which people are spoiler tagging?

I'm thinking of picking it up because the cover art looks fucking cool.

Salsa

speaking of the supressor

how come I havent been able to upgrade it at all yet

all my weapons are still supressor: low

witness

I got this on Friday to enjoy over the long weekend, and I ended up putting in 20 hours in that time, glad my wife was cool with me hogging the TV like that. I'm on mission 15 now and am having so much fun. The gameplay and combat options are just so incredible and varied. This game has me like no other so far this year. Kojima went out amazingly.

yeah the perfect scores and talk of "best MGS ever!" is fucking baffling to me. the game is great but there are so many clear flaws here.

So do the previous Metal Gear games. Still didn't stop MGS4 getting perfect scores, either. Hype culture tends to do that to people.

brau

How detailed is the Official Strategy Guide for MGSV? Doesn't it have all the secret info which people are spoiler tagging?

I'm thinking of picking it up because the cover art looks fucking cool.

it doesn't have that. It has clues. But all the details are pretty much absent. Even tho they discuss some clues.

as far as the guide itself. its very thorough.

Top Bottom