• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

Timeaisis

CAN ANYONE JUST SAY ITS VOLGIN! ITS ANNOYING ME TO DEATH. After all the tapes and crap they keep saying "Man on Fire" (im only a few missions in Chapter 2)

Even after Side ops
When you have to get his body during the side ops in Chapter 2. He turned human Volgin and no one says Volgin. Not even Ocelot. Just just said "commander"

I'm not as far as you but I knew it was him when the trailer came out haha.

A-V-B

It's such an inconsistent voice.

The problem is there are huge chunks performed with different direction for no reason.

One Kaz is Kaz before Phantom Pain.

The other Kaz is the super paranoid, fucked up, traumatized Kaz.

Either will shift in out of nowhere during the same dialogue.

The problem is there are huge chunks performed with different direction for no reason.

Yup. Honestly I avoided th credits for chapter 2 after the spoilers in chapter 1, but is it the same VA director? Seems like most of the fault may be with him or her?

A-V-B

Yup. Honestly I avoided th credits for chapter 2 after the spoilers in chapter 1, but is it the same VA director? Seems like most of the fault may be with him or her?

What it feels like is two completely different voice acting sessions separated by spans of time so huge they forgot what the direction was.

Either that or Kojima changed it halfway through, like he did with Baker (who sounds like Ocelot in the cutscenes, and in everything else recorded after, he's Joel)

DrBo42

Yeah he only has 2 gears. Traditional GZ Miller and "You feel it too, don't you?" Having them switch back and forth mid game is pretty jarring.

Alienous

"Good job, boss!"
"The pain ... won't ... stop ... hurting."

Robin Atkin Downes did record his line in a bunch of separate sessions, so it seems like vocal consistency was lost. Kaz feels like Phantom Pain Kaz in the cutscenes, at least.

SRG01

I think you have 3 gunsmith extraction missions you have to do before you get the real gunsmith haha. You'll know... after you get him Kaz will tell you you can customize your weapons at the ACC.

There are three Legendary Gunsmith side ops, and they're all available one after another, but they won't appear if there's another mission available in the same area. You may need to clear the existing missions in Bwala ya Masa (Africa), Central Base Camp (Afghanistan), and Yakho Oboo Outpost (Afghanistan) to make them appear.

Okay, I think I know what to do at this point, since
there are definitely a few side-ops in those areas that I haven't cleared out yet... especially that Outpost. I hate that area.

Pungza

So Mission 29...

Is it
just a case of using rockets to remove their armor/kill? Managed to get them to stay in place using the Control tower roof/ladder for a bit. But then get destroyed when they use that rock attack. Anyway to cheese it?

A-V-B

So Mission 29...

Is it
just a case of using rockets to remove their armor/kill? Managed to get them to stay in place using the Control tower roof/ladder for a bit. But then get destroyed when they use that rock attack. Anyway to cheese it?

Like all head-on fights of this nature,
D-Walker. Gatling guns.

So Mission 29...

Is it

I just used a shotgun and a heavy machine gun. I actually broke my controller on this mission.

Im trying not to look at these threads in case of spoilers, but its been bugging me. Can somebody tell me when Ocelot became a good guy(Or teamed up with Big Boss)? He was a villain in Metal Gear Solid 3. And it may just be me not remembering but I dont remember him being in Peace Walker. So when did he become good?

So, Post Mission 45 stuff regarding
Quiet
:

I always wanted to but never tried tranqing her or squirting her with the water gun while on a mission. Does anything silly or stupid happen if you do?

DrBo42

Im trying not to look at these threads in case of spoilers, but its been bugging me. Can somebody tell me when Ocelot became a good guy(Or teamed up with Big Boss)? He was a villain in Metal Gear Solid 3. And it may just be me not remembering but I dont remember him being in Peace Walker. So when did he become good?

I don't understand your confusion. That's all wrapped up within the same game. At the end you guys have an understanding that's like a budding bromance.

A-V-B

Ocelot has never been a good guy. An ally to Big Boss, yes, but not a good guy. The only real difference, I suppose, is that he wasn't fucked up by Mother Base I's destruction like Snake and Kaz.

Groof

Yeah, I just finished it. Had to go all Rambo.
It's the part with all those motherfucking snipers where I get spotted

Didn't even encounter those. I had to just berserk too. Had Quiet going wild tranqing peeps. Just beat it. Got an S rank too, somehow.

Real Hero

Ocelot makes no sense. He's like a triple agent in 3

CassSept

I have to say

that paying attention

to Code Talker tapes

is starting to become

the greatest challenge

I faced in this game.

Like all head-on fights of this nature,
D-Walker. Gatling guns.

Seriously after excellent mission 28 this one is such a mess.

I struggled for almost an hour with running around them trying to take them down with a combination of rocket launcher, grenade launcher and ammo drops.

D-walker, gattling gun, first try - 3 minutes, S rank.

Ocelot makes no sense. He's like a triple agent in 3

I'm pretty sure Ocelot really admires Big Boss. In the backstory didn't he join Patriots only because Zero told him Big Boss was with them?

A-V-B

I have to say that paying attention to Code Talker tapes is starting to become the greatest challenge I faced in this game.

Tap the fast forward button on your walkman. It skips dialogue one line at a time, like the old CODEC convos let you do.

I told ya! Code Talker is the worse. I'd rather have bipolar Miller, bland/Texan Ocelot, and sleepy "you didn't pay me enough to try my hardest, which is barely mediocre" Snake than Code Talker.

Luckily everything is hs talking about is boring and not important to anything.

"parasites did it. did you know I'm a native american? organisms. language. blah blah blah"

Spazznid

Like every other boss fight the AI is near retarded. I just
switched from the left side of a rock -> the right side of a rock and alternated... That was enough to take out all of them

Don't cheese it, try to get behind them and stuff.

A-V-B

Kiefer does a great job. When he's given something to do.

But Snake is so damn quiet, it feels like a story cheat. Want bad shit to happen? Have other characters act like idiots, and Snake, the only guy who can actually do anything in the story, will be helpless because he can't talk to them!

Ocelot idolizes BB. That was clear in MGS3.

He's not a "good" guy as much as just a guy who wants to follow BB.

Kiefer does a great job. When he's given something to do.

But Snake is so damn quiet, it feels like a story cheat. Want bad shit to happen? Have other characters act like idiots, and Snake, the only guy who can actually do anything in the story, will be helpless because he can't talk to them!

Is there a particular tape I should listen to, because I still don't feel this is the case at all.

When you are deployed with a vehicle and you do not fulton it when you leave the mission, do you lose it? Do you have to manually fulton it each time?

Thanks!

dan2026

How many freaking side missions do I have to do after
Quiet leaves
to get the next proper mission?

I've done a ton and nothing.

iMax

Post E31 spoilers:

Any pointers on how long (roughly) it'll take to complete the Chapter Two story?

DrBo42

I have to say

that paying attention

to Code Talker tapes

is starting to become

the greatest challenge

I faced in this game.

Agreed 100%. Completely uninteresting and monotone. Those tapes were brutal.

Edit: I see you guys have abandoned tags for plot elements around the end...

Top Bottom