• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M |OT| You're Not Supposed to Remember Him

jufonuk

not tag worthy
EatChildren said:
Better late than never but my review is up. There will be plenty who disagree.

I will peruse this at my leisure later, the final score and the final say I agree with, Pray I agree with everything else!!! or something, it's cool dude :D

There are a few main things that bother me about this game:

First, the auto-aim that was implemented to make the 3D work. Not having to position your character correctly, or even aim, is stupid.

Second, the lack of health and item drops from enemies is a removal of an important gameplay mechanic that doesn't really have any sort of replacement to make up for it. Just a stupid decision.

Third, I HATE HATE HATE having to go into first-person mode. Half the time I end up facing the wrong way, or the remote's IR sensor will be pointing at the edge of the screen and I go spinning, meanwhile, enemies are coming flying at me. They really should have taken optional advantage of Wiimotion+ for this game, as the IR Sensor by itself is proving unreliable.

why am I so terrible at this game?

I have gotten a game over on just about every boss and miniboss so far. ugh. I'm not normally this bad at games.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mr. Wonderful said:
First, the auto-aim that was implemented to make the 3D work. Not having to position your character correctly, or even aim, is stupid.

This exists to convey the hyper agility of Samus. It could probably be made a little deeper, but if you want things to move as fast and fluid as they do now you're going to have a lot of difficult adding in precision aiming in 3D.

Second, the lack of health and item drops from enemies is a removal of an important gameplay mechanic that doesn't really have any sort of replacement to make up for it. Just a stupid decision.

Enemies are stronger and do more damage, and Samus frequently has to get up close and personal. The sense move and lethal shots are a response to this change in design, and they become integral to combat. I miss the drop of health and ammo too, but for it to be implimented the whole combat system would need an overhaul. Its already rather easy, and enemies dropping health would make it even easier.

Your complaints are valid, but both basically require the game to be something other than what its not. Neither of those things could be added to the current design without significant problems of their own.

jufonuk said:
I will peruse this at my leisure later, the final score and the final say I agree with, Pray I agree with everything else!!! or something, it's cool dude :D

Thank you :D.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Mr. Wonderful said:
Third, I HATE HATE HATE having to go into first-person mode. Half the time I end up facing the wrong way,

you face the way Samus is facing, every time.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The only interesting thing I have to say about this game having finished it that maybe hasn't already been repeated a million times is that it would have been an infinitely better experience if it had anything resembling decent art. I can put up with otherwise simplistic design if the game looks really purdy. This game is always ugly.

Rez said:
The only interesting thing I have to say about this game having finished it that maybe hasn't already been repeated a million times is that it would have been an infinitely better experience if it had anything resembling decent art. I can put up with otherwise simplistic design if the game looks really purdy. This game is always ugly.

Each to his own I guess.

2 hours in.

The good:
+ I love the focus on quick and hectic combat. I feel like a bad ass, which is how it should be.
+ The linear and guided experience is totally different to the previous games, but one I embrace as a welcome alternative because I find myself just running through the levels and enjoying them without worrying about getting lost or bringing up the map every 5 seconds.
+ It looks really, really good. Some bad textures here or there, but hey, it's the Wii, what do you expect?
+ The first two minutes of the intro movie. HOLY SHIT. Nostalgia overload.

The bad:
- The voice acting is horrendous, Samus' especially. Every time she opens her mouth I want to punch her.
- Likewise, the dialogue is awful. Surely Nintendo has better writers than the people they put on this? If I hear "baby" or "soul" one more time I'm going to scream.
- I find going in to first person mode clunky and disorientating. First person worked really well in the Prime games, but it feels tacked on here. The rest of the controls were clunky at first, but I've got used to it all now.

So far the good outweighs the bad and I'm enjoying it very much, but if the story wasn't so shitty and they fixed the first person elements, I'd be loving it.

Just beat it, 63% items (
accidentally went to Phantoon when looking for items
). There's def some serious fan service at the end. In the end, I'm happy with it. It could've been better, but it could've been a lot worse. I say 8/10 is a fair score.

Hag

Just finished yesterday. Mixed feelings about this one. It took me like the end of the game to see that I don't need to shot the doors. :lol

So it's have a true ending or some sort after getting 100%? Cause I don't feel like playing this Metroid again so soon, which is sad.

I'm still looking for the Metroid music in this game too. ):

King Chozo said:
After playing through 97% of the game
beat the "first last boss" and watched the credits and am out collecting until I get tired of it and head to the "second last boss".
I have to say that anyone who rated this game poorly could not have actually finished the game because it just gets better and better as you go. The G4 review honestly makes me think they played the first hour and then made the review.

Well, you're wrong. It does get better, yes. That doesn't mean it gets all that good. I did beat it. I didn't have any trouble, it was quite easy. I'm not "playing it wrong", or any of the other excuses people have come up with. Don't discount my opinion, thank you very much.

Also, it's hardly a glowing recommendation that you have to beat the game (or play several hours in) in order to "get to the good part".

I disagree with you that Prime is harder. Ridley is the only boss that caused me successive deaths in that game. Enemies in Other M tend not to be ammo sponges, but they're not all easily dispatched. I've died a heap of times in Other M.

The puzzles are around about the same complexity in both games (eureka moments when you figure out what to do next, but not particularly cerebrally challenging).. the environment in Prime is more complex, but its not hard.

Other M seems smaller and shorter, less enriched by stuff like lore / pirate-logs etc, but the challenge is more than sufficient imo.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Game is growing on me, but it still isn't a good Metroid experience.

I think the game does have it's moments visually. Zero Suit Samus is a lovely model.

I did play in 1080p with super sampling though.
How does it run in Dolphin? The game has a lot of performance issues on actual Wii hardware so I'm curious to know how it runs on an emulator.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
heringer said:
Not EVERY time. Against bosses Samus automatically lock on to them, even when she's facing a different direction.

ah, good point, just saying he was doing it wrong if it faced in the "wrong" direction.

Mael

radioheadrule83 said:
I disagree with you that Prime is harder. Ridley is the only boss that caused me successive deaths in that game. Enemies in Other M tend not to be ammo sponges, but they're not all easily dispatched. I've died a heap of times in Other M.

The puzzles are around about the same complexity in both games (eureka moments when you figure out what to do next, but not particularly cerebrally challenging).. the environment in Prime is more complex, but its not hard.

Other M seems smaller and shorter, less enriched by stuff like lore / pirate-logs etc, but the challenge is more than sufficient imo.

The WHAT?
Other M puzzles are not even puzzles! There's 2 powerups that are actually hidden smartly and that's about it! I won't even talk abou the progression where there's a grand total of 1 place that's actually even remotely challenging in where the next place to go is.
Seriously not hard AT ALL.
In the prime games you actually had to hear the noise sometimes to even get a clue that an upgrade was nearby!
On difficulty I'd say :
PAL Prime > Other M == NTSC/Wii Prime
And in Prime Ridley is overated anyway, Omega Pirate was actually harder (especially since the area you find him is way harder).
I always have a problem with people that played the NTSC version when talking about how hard it was :lol

Red

dark10x said:
Game is growing on me, but it still isn't a good Metroid experience.

How does it run in Dolphin? The game has a lot of performance issues on actual Wii hardware so I'm curious to know how it runs on an emulator.
Runs better on my PC than on Wii. 4GHz i7 and 5870. Seems to be no slowdown in the large areas (I haven't checked the fps yet, I could be wrong, but even if it's dropping it feels smoother than on Wii).

There are serious problems with the cinematics, often the sound will get desynced and they will cut to a black screen
which actually improves the game.

Besides that it is perfect.

Boney

Banned
MadOdorMachine said:
Thanks man. If Other M has an average of C, would you say most peoples reactions are similar to over here? It seems like a fair grade to me, but people over here writing reviews do seem to be apologists giving the game a more positive spin. Also, it may be more popular in the west than in Japan, but there are a lot more popular series over here. Do you think if they would have including a classic controller with it, it would have helped the marketing in Japan?
That's an incredibly one dimensional way of painting us "apologists".

If I were to give this game a made up number, it would definately be below Galaxy 2 for a whole point. But in the end, it doesn't matter, and this is still so far my GOTY (and mind you, I loved MHTri) because it brings very cool things to the table, that go well beyond the many flaws the game has.

It's far from perfect, and far from the best Metroid games, but it does so many things right, that it inmediatly clicked with me. I give it a "positive spin" because to me, it deserves it.

Tenbatsu said:
Wow I like hard mode! Missiles are a godsend!:D
Glad you're enjoying yourself :)

Any info that'll break my heart like the one Segata provided? (any interest there?)

Sadist

Okay...

Just got the Wave Beam upgrade, but I can't find the exit. The way I came in is blocked by the crate rubble thanks to the machine/the Deleter boss. What am I missing? The other way just goes up but I can't reach it without jumping and deactivating the speedboost.

Nabs

go back to where you picked up the energy tank.
you can probably shoot something through the window.

heringer

MadOdorMachine said:
Thanks man. If Other M has an average of C, would you say most peoples reactions are similar to over here? It seems like a fair grade to me, but people over here writing reviews do seem to be apologists giving the game a more positive spin. Also, it may be more popular in the west than in Japan, but there are a lot more popular series over here. Do you think if they would have including a classic controller with it, it would have helped the marketing in Japan?
Seems to me that you're the one trying to spin things here. The vast majority of reviews out there gave the game a B or more. That's a fact, whether you like or not.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
heringer said:
Seems to me that you're the one trying to spin things here. The vast majority of reviews out there gave the game a B or more. That's a fact, whether you like or not.
I'm not trying to spin things, just look at the game without bias and state very obvious observations. The story, controls, music, "Where's Waldo" moments, etc. are too big of problems to ignore which is what a lot of people are doing. People are looking past the issues because it's a Metroid game and if it were an unheard of game, I don't see how it would have scored as high as some the sites have reviewed it. I'm not saying that there aren't some redeeming factors to the game or that people shouldn't play it. What I'm saying is there are problems that need to be fixed, but it seems like some people want to give it a free pass. They need to fix the problems. Here's what I'd like to see in a sequel:

1. Get Team Ninja back and focus on the third person gameplay. Make missiles usable in third person.
2. Build the controls around the Wii remote & Nun-chuck or classic controller. This would expand the gameplay possibilities
3. Fix the dialog. They need to get with Treehouse or someone from the west at the story board stage and figure out what dialog works.
4. Fix the mini games. The Where's Waldo moments and over the should views could have broken up the monotony nicely.
5. Give us a real soundtrack. The music in this game is just sad. It's like they weren't even trying.
6. Option menu. There's no option menu and the map sucks.

To me these were all major problems that in no way should be over looked and would stop a game from getting the B score or 80% that so many sites are giving it. Yes it's a good game, but as much as I like it, there's not enough there to justify such a high score despite these problems. If I thought is was a terrible, I'd be screaming for Nintendo to ditch Team Ninja and go in another direction. That's not the case at all. I want them to get it right and give us the game the fans and series deserves. This is not that game though and if I were reviewing it, I would praise it, but ultimately rate in the 70's or C range.

Edit - I think this review sums it up nicely.
GameInformer said:
Late in the game, once Samus unlocks all of her abilities and begins meeting more familiar faces from the series, I experienced fleeting moments where it all clicked, and I saw glimpses of how great Other M could have been. But an hour or two of less painful gameplay can’t make up for the bad design choices at this game’s core. It especially can’t make up for what Other M has done to Samus as a character. She’ll forever be trapped in my mind as a whiny, talkative child who is too willing to give up her freedom and too petulant to be likable. Metroid: Other M is the most disappointing Nintendo release in quite some time and a blemish that isn’t likely to be forgotten on an otherwise superb franchise.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Alrighty, I grabbed all 96 pieces of concept art in .bmp and then converted them to .jpeg at the highest quality. They are the full 1080p that the game was rendering at.

Windows Live Photo Album

Megaupload Complete Collection Zipped

And here are two samples:

Metroid%20Art%2001.jpg

Metroid%20Art%2002.jpg

Carlisle

USPS has confirmed my order as delivered today. Gonna tear into it as soon as I get off work. FINALLY getting to it, only a week after release but I feel like I'm already a year late with it reading this thread. Seems like most of you are already in the post-game discussion :lol

Boney

Banned
MadOdorMachine said:
I'm not trying to spin things, just look at the game without bias and state very obvious observations. The story, controls, music, "Where's Waldo" moments, etc. are too big of problems to ignore which is what a lot of people are doing.

1. Get Team Ninja back and focus on the third person gameplay. Make missiles usable in third person.
2. Build the controls around the Wii remote & Nun-chuck or classic controller. This would expand the gameplay possibilities
5. Give us a real soundtrack. The music in this game is just sad. It's like they weren't even trying.
6. Option menu. There's no option menu and the map sucks.
wat

Edit - I think this review sums it up nicely.
Yeah.. pretty nicely

GameInformer said:
Since control is limited to a single Wii remote, many of the game’s encounters boil down to running in a circle, charging up your gun, and shooting over and over until the enemy dies, praying that the game’s dodgy auto-targeting works. Aiming at the screen with the Wii remote takes you into first-person view, which is the only way you can shoot missiles. Unfortunately, this also takes away your ability to move.

yep... nicely..

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Boney said:
Here we go again. Do the controls work? Yes. Could they have been better and opened up more variety in the gameplay? Yes. Music - don't even get me started. There's no excuse for what was done in this game.

Boney said:
Yeah.. pretty nicely

yep... nicely..
I actually like the auto aiming. It's essential for the third person sections. The problem I had was with the first person perspective. When multiple enemies are on the screen, the auto aiming fell apart. I also feel like first person view should be relegated to mini game type stuff to break up the monotony. There are some parts where it's fun, but other's
Ridley's tail outside the Bio-Lab and MB
were a chore. I think the game would have been better if the first person perspective was used a little more sparingly, yet refined, while the missiles could be used from third person as well.

Eat Children's Review said:
So what, then, do we make of a title with so many polarising features? With one hand it draws heavy inspiration from what makes Metroid so great, yet on the other it upturns and rebuilds the formula for a new generation. What we’re left with is an experiment. An idea that is totally Metroid, but presented as something fresh. At its worst, Other M can be a jaded beast of questionable design and confronting direction, yet at its best it is extraordinarily memorable. Sure, not everybody will like the cinematics and story, and yes, the lack of impressionable music and sometimes bland art direction is disappointing, but slick pacing and control, brilliant battle and navigation design, all topped with exhilarating boss fights and great extras all come together in a package that's more than deserving of the Metroid title. It could have been better, but it’s still fantastic in its own right.

Hopefully this is just the beginning of a fruitful relationship between Nintendo and Team Ninja, and the two go on to expand the formula evident here, because while Samus might not be the most interesting person to listen to, she sure is a lot fun to play with.
I think the score and bolded is the biggest disagreement I have. Other than that I agree with you. I think the pacing was broken up too much by the exaggerated cinematics, Where's Waldo moments, and the switch to first person. The switch from third to first person is going from a very quick paced, automated style of gameplay to a very slow and precise one. There are a few parts it gets it right, but overall it breaks up the pace of the fast paced action. I avoid using missiles as much as possible because of this. Also, there are some good boss fights yes, but there are also some turds in there. There are some parts of the game we thought we'd be able to play, but they were completely taken care of in other ways. I'm not going into to detail about that though. As far as extra's go, I like the way they extended the end of the game. So, I do agree that the game could have been better and that it's got some fantastic parts, but I think the problems are too big to be ignored and given such a high score. Hopefully Nintendo and Team Ninja do team up again and fix this stuff. It would be a shame if they didn't.

Kard8p3

MadOdorMachine said:

Here we go again. Do the controls work? Yes. Could they have been better and opened up more variety in the gameplay? Yes. Music - don't even get me started. There's no excuse for what was done in this game.

I never had one problem with the controls and I think they're fine as they are. While I do prefer the traditional metroid music I think the soundtrack we got with this game was fine and really fit the game. The music really helped in creating the atmosphere of this game. The way the music was handled is quite like how it was done in Metroid 2 which I also really liked.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I wouldn't use the Game Informer review to "prove" how flawed the game is; dude couldn't even figure out the combat system and blames the "limited" control scheme on it being so simplistic.

Interestingly, this made me think about the insistence from some quarters that the point-at-the-screen concept shouldn't even exist and there should be a typical scheme of wiimote + nunchuk or classic controller fallback.

Here's the thing; there is a need to manually target missiles or super missiles as a special attack. This goes against the auto-targeting of the combat system, which contrary to the GI review, works very well and isn't "dodgy". Given the rest of the review, the guy may not have even realized that you do have to be facing the general direction of an enemy for a charged shot to auto-target. Or that it matters which direction you sense dodge + instant charge in.

But anyway, since there's a need to pick your target to not waste missiles, this is a complication. Let's just go straight to the classic controller: in 360 degree 3rd person, the only way (yet devised) to manually target is a lock-on system. This suggests a lock-on button or double duty on the fire button, in combination with another button to cycle locked targets until you pick the right one. The simplest scheme I can think of at the moment would be to have the missile button lock on to the nearest enemy when you hold it down, and fire upon release. While depressed, the L and R shoulder buttons could be used to cycle between all the targets in the area.

So, there's the missile, fired in 3rd person, via button. Of course, such a scheme would beg the player to ask "hey, why can't I lock on with all my weapons! And circle strafe!" You could just do that, though that'd go against the streamlined nature of the core combat system, in the first place. Regardless, now we're back to crab-finger manipulation to lock on a missile, cycle targets while holding down a button, and then releasing it. With how fast combat moves in Other M - one of its good points, remember - might seem a bit clunky.

Meanwhile, here's Metroid Prime over here; this game that demonstrates how fluid and fast targeting via the wiimote in a first person view is. Interesting...

I honestly don't think it's hard to see where the whole point-to-shoot idea came from, no matter who ultimately came up with the idea. There are elements in the overall combat system in Other M that work against just putting the missile attack on a button to be conventional. There are solutions to that problem, but they might be awkward and invite more player errors (and wasted ammo) in the middle of a fight.

Assigning the first person switch to a button, and steering the targeting reticle around with a stick on the classic controller seems dumb and slow when you have the wii remote sitting there saying "point with me!".

Then there's going back to playing with a nunchuk + wiimote, and holding the wiimote up for the 80% of the time you don't need to. Given a lot of the reactions to the game, had I been on this team, I would have insisted on putting the option for a chuk n' mote scheme in, for those who absolutely do not want to switch wiimote positions while playing. It's not about denying people options to be mean about it. If you don't want to switch between NES pad and pointing at the screen, then go for it - hold the wiimote up all the time in your right hand. Yet, doing that would have introduced analog control into the digital grid of this game's character movement. Another darned complication. And funny enough, I am sure a lot of people would have complained about Samus "stiff, dumb, 8 way movement" had the nunchuk been used.

Glix

The people who complain about pointing at the screen remind me of the people who complain about Dead Rising 1 save system, or back in the day, Resident Evil control scheme.

Sometimes whats easiest doesn't work best. Sometimes, design decisions are made to make you feel a certain way, or make the game feel a certain way.

I adapted shortly after I started playing. Anyone who can't hack it... I don't really know what to say besides, don't play it, and don't play wario ware smooth moves either.

I mean, what if one of your friends comes up and asks you whether they should buy it or not? "Nah man, you have to point the wiimote at the screen sometimes, it really sucks." That just sounds asinine.

(With the plugin I've been reading about in the dolphin thread, it seems like someone could actually map everything to a 360 controller, and make the game control more traditionally? Like hold down a trigger to activate 1st person, and then use an analog to move the reticule? Can I get verification on this, and if someone has the time, they should really try it and give us impressions.)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
MadOdorMachine said:

I actually like the auto aiming. It's essential for the third person sections. The problem I had was with the first person perspective. When multiple enemies are on the screen, the auto aiming fell apart. I also feel like first person view should be relegated to mini game type stuff to break up the monotony. There are some parts where it's fun, but other's
were a chore. I think the game would have been better if the first person perspective was used a little more sparingly, yet refined, while the missiles could be used from third person as well.

This is the elephant in the room that your criticisms don't address - see my post above: wanting missiles in 3rd person introduces a hitch due to fundamental design of the game and the concept of the combat system. Yes, you have said "I want to play my way", but at a certain point "my way" goes against the fundamental design of the game. You want a 3rd person Metroid with a different game mechanic than this game is predicated on.

On the subject of auto-aiming falling apart, that one seems to come down to personal experience, because too many people have had no problem with it, yet for some, the strategy they use when playing the game seems to make the auto targeting frustrating. I'm not making up a big fat lie to be an "apologist"; it just gosh darn works for me. It doesn't bug me. It is my friend. We're already going steady. I have a date this Saturday night and I may even ask if it wants to meet my parents.

You've insinuated and outright stated that a ton of people are deluded because they're Metroid fans or basically lying in this thread to cover up how much the flaws of this game drag it down but haven't seemed to consider that maybe they just haven't had the poor time with certain features as you. The way people play a game /does/ make the subjective experience different for each of them.

What I will say is that in most of the published reviews where the combat system and/or auto-targeting are cited as being a major negative, the description the reviewer had of how combat works is strangely different than my own experience. Each instance sounds as if they are working against how the game is meant to be played rather than with it. Could that be because they just want it to work like (insert 3rd person game) they're imagining it "should be like"? I don't know for sure, but it's a pattern.

Boney

Banned
It just seems to me we played an entirely different game.

Around how the game is designed, and how the camara works, controls couldn't have been better, except for maybe slow movement to activate the computers, but in the grand scheme of things, it's irrelevant. Movement is fast, walking through the terrain, turns, ledges and platforms workss perfectly. The camara is unobstrusive and it's designed perfectly for what it tries to achieve. Not to mention that combat is fast and simple. Enemies aren't sponges like the God of War series, so you can easily dispatch them in a few seconds, it's not my problem if you decide not to use all the tools that are handed to you.

The way combat works, you really don't need to target individual enemies with much necessity, and if you really want to, melee combat and difussion beam takes care of that. The switch to first person is incredible fast, that's why it's such a viable combat tool.

And please get started on the music. I'm entirely aware that gamers love they're repetive loops they can connect to certain areas in their mind. It's an incredible smart soundtrack, using silence and noises to create atmospheres, too bad for you if you won't be able to look it up on youtube, but on hand with the game it works really well. It uses sound and music in incredibly smart ways to change the mood however it pleases. It largely goes unnoticed, but it merges with the game perfectly.

The game isn't the best metroid game by a longshot. Played through Super yesterday and it keeps reinforcing my opinion, but it easily deserves a spot in the top 5, and in the top 3 for me personally.

Glix said:
I adapted shortly after I started playing. Anyone who can't hack it... I don't really know what to say besides, don't play it, and don't play wario ware smooth moves either.

I have a friend who has been a gamer for as long as I have, and he bitches about almost every little gameplay mechanic that doesn't necessarily work super-well all the time, and it's really annoying. Yes, the third-person view switch can make things a bit chaotic and even screw you up every now and then, but it's not some game-killing flaw either. I thought it was extremely easy and while playing the game I never consciously realized I was doing it.

Foov

100% yesterday. Liked it, didn't love it. I think I'm actually the most impressed by how well the auto aiming works - I thought that was going to be awful but it actually was balanced almost perfectly for my tastes. And the game has made me appreciate the prime trilogy even more - those games just have a certain level of polish that I felt other m was lacking, I think it's best exemplified by how in other m the save rooms are all a cut and paste of each other, while in the prime trilogy ever single one is unique. Stuff like that floats my boat.

heringer

MadOdorMachine said:

I think the score and bolded is the biggest disagreement I have. Other than that I agree with you. I think the pacing was broken up too much by the exaggerated cinematics, Where's Waldo moments, and the switch to first person. The switch from third to first person is going from a very quick paced, automated style of gameplay to a very slow and precise one. There are a few parts it gets it right, but overall it breaks up the pace of the fast paced action. I avoid using missiles as much as possible because of this. Also, there are some good boss fights yes, but there are also some turds in there. There are some parts of the game we thought we'd be able to play, but they were completely taken care of in other ways. I'm not going into to detail about that though. As far as extra's go, I like the way they extended the end of the game. So, I do agree that the game could have been better and that it's got some fantastic parts, but I think the problems are too big to be ignored and given such a high score. Hopefully Nintendo and Team Ninja do team up again and fix this stuff. It would be a shame if they didn't.
You're simply blowing the flaws out of proportion. Yes, you are spinning because you just can't deal with the fact that your opinion is just that, your opinion. Instead, you have to spill the old, pompous and juvenile speech that people that don't think like you are blinded by something.

To most people the problems weren't as bad as they were to you. To a lot of people, some of the problems you think exists aren't even there. This isn't an exact science, if a lot of people gave the game good scores it's because they think the good overcome the bad and the overall experience is that good, period. Really man, it's time to get over yourself.

Top Bottom