• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Visor and Weapon Screens

Che

Banned
Hehe, Shogmaster you don't give up do you? :D I have to admit though you make me feel very smart, since I had zero problems with the controls and I got used to them in a sec.

the thing is, there is almost no time in the game where you even have any reason to look up or down randomly. When you need to examine something, you switch to the scan visor, and behold, you can look wherever you need to. and since you don't have any practical reason that would require moving while scanning, its not necessary. Then, if you need to shoot something above or below you, you just target it with the lock-on. VERY rarely are there times where you need to shoot at something too far above/below you to require free looking.
edit: and god, anyone whos PLAYed the game, could you imagine how fking hard almost ALL of the bosses would be if you had to use dual analog control? Just for one example, Thardus. How the living hell would you, with any regular chance of success, be able to beat him if you had to constantly dodge around him, running jumping and aiming all at the same time, on a single spot on his body that is often being blocked by another part of him?

Kon Tiki

Banned
As lame as lockon sounds, without it we could not archive two staples of the Metroid franchise, sequence breaking and speed runs. :p

Top Bottom