• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

I've seen Amazon overnight stuff right at the last minute quite often. I'm not going to panic until I get to late tomorrow evening without an update. My guide preorder hasn't updated either, and I seriously doubt there's a shortage of that.

Amazon US normally overnights most release date delivery games on Monday night. No one should be worrying about an Amazon US Shipment until late tomorrow night if it still hasn't moved into 'preparing to ship' or 'already shipped' at that point.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Offtopic maybe, but when does the PS4 preload starts?
SORNY pls

Vanguard

I had this email yesterday :/

Your Game parcel has been delayed

We were expecting to deliver a parcel to you today; however, we have not yet received this parcel from Game. As soon as we get your parcel, we will send you an email with your new delivery details. Until then, please contact the sender for more information.

Click the button below to see the latest information on your parcel

What does this mean???

It was a technical error on DPD's side due to the bank holiday (or something like that), but they said yesterday that everything is fine and will be delivered Tuesday as planned.

//ARCANUM

Well my Danganronpa preorder shipped, my MGSV CE has not yet (it's in preparing shipment). Both from BB. End of the world? End of the world. :p

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My preload says "expected download 31/8/15. And going by the timer that would be Midnight tomorrow. I'm in the UK btw
Mine says 30/8/15 ... and it's already the 30th :3

LoveCake

It was a technical error on DPD's side due to the bank holiday (or something like that), but they said yesterday that everything is fine and will be delivered Tuesday as planned.

Oh thank you, where was this error reported? i have not seen anything,i have been worried i won't get mine :(

darthbob

Amazon.com tells me that the MGS V CE XB1 will be arriving on Tuesday, however it hasn't shipped yet.

Then I talked to Amazon support and they told me that it was out of stock (obviously) and that I won't be getting a copy. I tried to explain the concept of a pre-order to the CSR but they just kept telling me that if they get more in stock then they'll ship it out to me.

Not really sure what to believe now.

Has anyone from Game not an email about DPD? I got the original email on Wednesday saying it was dispatched but nothing since, any one else in the same situation? Just getting worried cause everyone seems to be getting DPD emails!

Saiyan-Rox

RagzDs8.jpg

oh shit that's hilarious

Vanguard

Has anyone from Game not an email about DPD? I got the original email on Wednesday saying it was dispatched but nothing since, any one else in the same situation? Just getting worried cause everyone seems to be getting DPD emails!

You got the dispatch email from GAME, but nothing from DPD? There's a slight possibility that MyHermes or Parcelforce is delivering it to you, who are the other couriers that GAME use. Curiously, do you have postage as first or second class? If second then it's more likely to be MyHermes or Parcelforce. If not then honestly I don't know :\

edit: This is just guesswork though based on information about delivery couriers on GAME's site, the only way to know for sure is asking them.

Amazon.com tells me that the MGS V CE XB1 will be arriving on Tuesday, however it hasn't shipped yet.

Then I talked to Amazon support and they told me that it was out of stock (obviously) and that I won't be getting a copy. I tried to explain the concept of a pre-order to the CSR but they just kept telling me that if they get more in stock then they'll ship it out to me.

Wow really? Last time I am buying from amazon when it comes to games then. I am going back to best buy. Only reason I ordered from there because it was sold out on best buy.Good thing too I guess I was getting scammed anyway from amazon by buying full price. Even though the new prime plan offers discount on new games.

darthbob

Wow really? Last time I am buying from amazon when it comes to games then. I am going back to best buy. Only reason I ordered from there because it was sold out on best buy.Good thing too I guess I was getting scammed anyway from amazon by buying full price. Even though the new prime plan offers discount on new games.

Amazon's always been good to me, so this situation is a bit surprising. I'm guessing that either the CSR I talked to was no good or that Amazon took too many pre-orders and can't fulfill them all, which if that's true they should have emailed their affected customers.

Ludens

Banned

Is your order stated to arrive on Sept 1st?
If so, take my advice: contact support via chat another time.
This happened to me once too, but what the support staff member told me was simply not true. He even sent me out a mail explaining the "out of stock" thing, suggesting me to delete my purchase. Than I contacted the support again and the staff this time helped me, telling me my order was ok and, since I was able to pre-order it, I would receive it in time.
And I received it in time.

If your order status is ok, you'll probably receive the order as planned.

LoveCake

What version do you have on order, the CE?

I got a email on wednesday saying they were getting it ready to send out & another email on friday saying that it will be delivered on tuesday, i got an email from DPD on friday.

It may depend on the area you live & what courier they are using.

You got the dispatch email from GAME, but nothing from DPD? There's a slight possibility that MyHermes or Parcelforce is delivering it to you, who are the other couriers that GAME use. Curiously, do you have postage as first or second class? If second then it's more likely to be MyHermes or Parcelforce. If not then honestly I don't know :\

edit: This is just guesswork though based on information about delivery couriers on GAME's site, the only way to know for sure is asking them.

What version do you have on order, the CE?

I got a email on wednesday saying they were getting it ready to send out & another email on friday saying that it will be delivered on tuesday, i got an email from DPD on friday.

It may depend on the area you live & what courier they are using.

I have first class, but MyHermes tend to be the courier that always deliver to my house when I order things so that would make a lot of sense! Thanks :)

Weird.

Gamestop USA charged my card a few days ago then this morning the charge disappeared.

It shows up as "open" in their order history so idk. Then again I did order the XB1 CE when it suddenly was in stock again a few weeks ago so I'm just hoping for the best.

Idc really care if it gets here on time or in December coz I don't even have an XB1 to begin with lol. I just bought it for the CE goodies... I'm mainly playing it on PC anyway so yeah haha.

For those of you that have Best Buy preparing to ship. I have preordered several things that shipped on monday and arrived overnight with standard shipping. Do not worry yet.

demigod

Was Best Buy's order for delivery only? I always do pickup and yet this one just shipped today. Ups hasn't updated it yet so I don't know when i'll get it.

My Amazon is preparing for shipment and it'll arrive by Tuesday and i no longer have prime.

darthbob

Is your order stated to arrive on Sept 1st?
If so, take my advice: contact support via chat another time.
This happened to me once too, but what the support staff member told me was simply not true. He even sent me out a mail explaining the "out of stock" thing, suggesting me to delete my purchase.
Than I contacted the support again and the staff this time helped me, telling me my order was ok and, since I was able to pre-order it, I would receive it in time.
And I received it in time.

If your order status is ok, you'll probably receive the order as planned.

Good to hear, because that's pretty much exactly what happened.

Here's what Amazon says about it.

f3820a28ec.png

Parad0x

Neo Member
So i contacted Amazon again and this time around they confirmed that it was a preorder but unfortunately they told me it wasnt slated to ship until the 1st of September and wouldn't arrive until around the 3rd of September?

Im not 100% certain i believe them because i have 1 day shipping set so yeah.... But i dont know... This is what my amazon says...

aJOLlJ9.jpg

jrush64

Banned
So i contacted Amazon again and this time around they confirmed that it was a preorder but unfortunately they told me it wasnt slated to ship until the 1st of September and wouldn't arrive until around the 3rd of September?

Im not 100% certain i believe them because i have 1 day shipping set so yeah.... But i dont know... This is what my amazon says...

aJOLlJ9.jpg

Yeah. I contacted them and they told me i'll definitely get it on Tuesday.

Ludens

Banned
Good to hear, because that's pretty much exactly what happened.

Here's what Amazon says about it.

f3820a28ec.png

Than you probably triggered something similar to what happened to me. Just stick with your order, probably tomorow it will get shipped. If something bad happens, remember, Amazon will notify you via mail, and this will reflect on your order status on the site. So if the order status is ok, your order should be ok too.

Caja 117

I just got update in Amazon wenpage before it said " not shiped" and now it says "preparing for shipment" i guess thats a good sign

Pwnedkiller

Neo Member
Glad to see others are shipping I preordered the CE from BB still waiting on it to ship been in the "preparing item for shipping" phase since early yesterday.

Top Bottom