• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

Ran rp

Seen this on reddit. So happy it can hold the controller
iAFWKRJ.jpg

Ha, well there you go.

I've been charged by Amazon US and it's "Preparing for Shipment!" Oh happy day! I was thinking it would've shipped yesterday, but it just means the distribution center is close to me. Can't wait to FINALLY play tomorrow!

Pwnedkiller

Neo Member
Are peoples BB orders shipping? Yet I still see the order in the "preparing shipment phase" in the back of my head I'm just thinking their gonna overnight it today to get here tomorrow. Although I can't help but to get a little tense. First time ever preordering online ship to home from BB.

Woke up to an email of Amazon declining my payment because for some reason they defaulted my payment method over to a card that expired two years ago. Still says it's a go for Thursday, I really hope they don't turn around and say it's back ordered now cause I'll lose my shit. Glad I pre-ordered the regular game at gamestop just in case.

Justinh

Are peoples BB orders shipping? Yet I still see the order in the "preparing shipment phase" in the back of my head I'm just thinking their gonna overnight it today to get here tomorrow. Although I can't help but to get a little tense. First time ever preordering online ship to home from BB.

My BB order "shipped" yesterday, but it hasn't been picked up by UPS yet. It should be here tomorrow, though.

I wouldn't really worry. Best Buy orders in the past have shown up really quickly for me regularly, at least. Even on normal orders.

Mine is in the same phase. Im worried now. They already charged me....

My Amazon.com CE and guide both shipped overnight, but USPS is handling shipping and both orders look to be in the same shipment. I'm used to other carriers handling it, don't let me down USPS.

robotrock

Banned
My Amazon.com CE and guide both shipped overnight, but USPS is handling shipping and both orders look to be in the same shipment. I'm used to other carriers handling it, don't let me down USPS.

Man, USPS gets here a good three hours before UPS does for me. I hope they handle it for me.

Pwnedkiller

Neo Member
My BB order "shipped" yesterday, but it hasn't been picked up by UPS yet. It should be here tomorrow, though.

I wouldn't really worry. Best Buy orders in the past have shown up really quickly for me regularly, at least. Even on normal orders.

Mine is in the same phase. Im worried now. They already charged me....

I have been charged also, I'm confident it will all be ok I think its the inner MGS fanboy in me getting really anxious and being a CE I'm super anxious. I bet their won't be a problem when I preorder Super Mario Maker lol.

Still no movement on mine, both my CE Guide and CE Game are paid off completely. My stuff always ends up shipping the night before since i live right near an Amazon distribution center. Not too worried, looking forward to tommorow.

Grady

My usps comes like 6 hours before ups. Hope mine gets transferred over to usps. Ups always comes like 7pm.

akileese

My amazon.com CE is "arriving by 8pm tomorrow" but is also "not yet shipped." So I do not think it's arriving by tomorrow, or at all. Going to do a chat session and see if I can find out what's up with it.

e: As of last night I may add, I haven't even been charged yet.

Denzar

We had to jump through one million hoops before our supplier agreed to ship PS4 and PS4 CE's to our store. Fucking horseshit.

KevinG

My amazon.com CE is "arriving by 8pm tomorrow" but is also "not yet shipped." So I do not think it's arriving by tomorrow, or at all. Going to do a chat session and see if I can find out what's up with it.

I've had Amazon ship as late at the evening (late late evening) before and get the item to me on time. I wouldn't be worried until you wake up tomorrow morning and nothing has changed.

Order just changed to Preparing for shipment on amazon....god I hope I get UPS for handling. I'd cry if it was being handled by Lasership or something, they are awful.

robotrock

Banned
Oh man same here, Lasership sometimes shows up at 8pm or even the following morning they blow.

Lasership can be fucking assholes. They'll mark the package as delivered when they don't actually deliver it. I'll be looking around my yards and trying to find where they threw it until I eventually give up.

The next day they come and drop the package off.

Lasership can be fucking assholes. They'll mark the package as delivered when they don't actually deliver it. I'll be looking around my yards and trying to find where they threw it until I eventually give up.

This happens WAY too often and it's just really shitty drivers trying to cover their asses. Every time this happens i contact LS's customer support to complain.

akileese

I've had Amazon ship as late at the evening (late late evening) before and get the item to me on time. I wouldn't be worried until you wake up tomorrow morning and nothing has changed.

Yeah they told me that they have it, it's preparing for shipment and it will be there tomorrow. I just find it kinda weird they haven't charged me yet. That was the thing that spooked me but it appears no need to worry.

Same here. I thought about calling them but I'd rather have hope it'll get here tomorrow.

Several people ITT mentioned that Best Buy has been known to ship stuff overnight so I'm not panicking. It probably depends on how far you away you are from a distribution center... just a guess.

Also I don't absolutely need to have this Day One. I've got enough of a backlog as it is.

robotrock

Banned
sX7y9u2.png

:DDDDD

I'M SO EXCITED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME

YES! YES! YES! YES!

Hype in FULL EFFECT. Metal Gear is my very favorite series.

Shipped via UPS BTW.

Justinh

Oh man, them not delivering but saying they did has happened to me, too.
I'm glad I haven't had any packages delivered by them in a long time.

One time I got a call while I was out. I think I was at a Lowe's. It was a Lasership driver and I had to give them directions to my apartment. I don't like that they had my phone number...

wiibomb

my amazon us CE is still stuck at "preparing for shipment" while my amazon.fr PS4 already shipped... the fuck amazon?

Yay ! Gamestop has confirmed my CE PS4 edition is shipping with UPS ! :D
From USA to France, with Love :)

he.. interesting, I'm the other way around, from fr to us... from France with love :p

my amazon us CE is still stuck at "preparing for shipment" while my amazon.fr PS4 already shipped... the fuck amazon?

he.. interesting, I'm the other way around, from fr to us... from France with love :p

He he he he. Amazon France are really good. Last time they didn't shipped my package in time, so they changed the delivery mode free of charge to deliver it in the same day.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
My Gamestop order got cancelled ... ... I ordered it, literally, within five minutes of it going live.

Bullshit, considering it seems other people aren't having issues.

Fortunately for me, I ordered at BBY, too, and that one is shipping. But this one was going to be for my best friend.

Mash83

My BB order shipped yesterday and tracking info has already been updated. Expecting to see it tomorrow when I get home from work!

My BB order shipped yesterday and tracking info has already been updated. Expecting to see it tomorrow when I get home from work!

Same here! I'm glad BB has stepped up their release day shipping, they used to be god-awful when it came to getting games out on day one.

Aerocia

My Gamestop order got cancelled ... ... I ordered it, literally, within five minutes of it going live.

Bullshit, considering it seems other people aren't having issues.

Fortunately for me, I ordered at BBY, too, and that one is shipping. But this one was going to be for my best friend.

Wow, that's rough. Least you had a backup order, but it reminds me not to order from EB unless I'm left with no other choice.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Wow, that's rough. Least you had a backup order, but it reminds me not to order from EB unless I'm left with no other choice.

Yeah, I'm okay (thank God), but I feel bad for my friend since his order cancelled, too. We both love MGS so much that I bought two copies just in case one of us got fucked. He did... but then I did, too :(

Funny, there's no valid excuse for GS, as I used the exact same card and addresses for the BBY order that had no issues.

Top Bottom