• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

Don't underestimate Amazon's shipping wizardry. I buy release date stuff (Movies) from them weekly and I've never not gotten it on release since I've had Prime. That has been at least 5 years now.

Don't underestimate Amazon's shipping wizardry. I buy release date stuff (Movies) from them weekly and I've never not gotten it on release since I've had Prime. That has been at least 5 years now.

The problem is there's Amazon customers from Canada in here as well and it's a very different story up here. AKA they are terrible

Jashobeam

i guess Konami wanted to save money on paper so they didn't print the DLC codes, they probably just figured since most of the stuff is for MGO which is delayed, why bother.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
i guess Konami wanted to save money on paper so they didn't print the DLC codes, they probably just figured since most of the stuff is for MGO which is delayed, why bother.

Most of the stuff is not for MGO.

coAYXGj.jpg

Only the items on the bottom are MGO, I believe.

Ludens

Banned
The problem is there's Amazon customers from Canada in here as well and it's a very different story up here. AKA they are terrible

Amazon in Italy was ok until two years ago. Now if you order without Prime and using free shipping, you receive a game/movie/book like a week after release, or something like that.
The only way to receive it on release date is paying the shipment or subscribe Prime.

Predwolf

Just got a call from my EB(B.C, Canada), my order is in. No midnight launch, and they don't know anything about missing DLC codes.

Good thing I bought the digital version too, at least I'll be able to play tomorrow night!

Tracked my Order and got this from the BB status page.

"Awaiting UPS pickup
Everything is packed and ready to go. Once UPS picks up the package, your shipping progress will be updated with more information."

So it really hasnt shipped. Fuck, I don't think it's coming Tuesday. Fuck everything.

Pwnedkiller

Neo Member

"Awaiting UPS pickup
Everything is packed and ready to go. Once UPS picks up the package, your shipping progress will be updated with more information."

So it really hasnt shipped. Fuck, I don't think it's coming Tuesday. Fuck everything.

BB will probably overnight it, I spoke with a rep over the phone today and she said its most likely going to be Overnight shipping so it gets to you on Sept 1st.

BB will probably overnight it, I spoke with a rep over the phone today and she said its most likely going to be Overnight shipping so it gets to you on Sept 1st.
!

Really? Awesome! But why wouldn't Best Buy shipped them as soon as they got them so they wouldn't have to pay an arm and a leg to ship it over night?

Pwnedkiller

Neo Member
!

Really? Awesome! But why wouldn't Best Buy shipped them as soon as they got them so they wouldn't have to pay an arm and a leg to ship it over night?

Laws maybe from keeping the product out of consumer hands till the release date or just so they don't anger someone higher up. Another piece of information I gathered was preorders from best buy are usually shipped two days before release. Being this be a Tuesday and such a high profile title. It might of just worked out for them to start shipping today into tomorrow for overnight.

I have heard a lot of retailers have a tight leash around them from releasing this game early.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Amazon says now my package will get here on Thursday instead of Tuesday... Kinda bullshit. Pay for prime, expect that shit on time.

wiibomb

this is really weird, my amazon.com order was preparing for shipment in the morning, then I check it now and it went back to Not Yet Shipped..

in fact, they already charged for the order because my bank blocked my funds for it

Maddocks

Anyone's order ship yet from gamestop? mine still say open and not shipped yet. I assume because I'm in Cali that they will just overnight it on Monday to get it here by Tuesday. But I'm dying because I want to see shipped.

Buntabox

Anyone's order ship yet from gamestop? mine still say open and not shipped yet. I assume because I'm in Cali that they will just overnight it on Monday to get it here by Tuesday. But I'm dying because I want to see shipped.

Same boat. In Texas, but hoping for the same thing. Starting to worry me....

Same here... Still waiting for them to charge me.

Probably not gonna ship on Amazon until monday for me. I know it will get here in time but it still worries me, lol.

Thinking the same. I've been checking my order at least 100 times a day lol. Never pre-ordered anything online so it's been a worrying experience.

My Best Buy order hasn't updated since it started preparing two days ago.

My GameStop order hasn't updated at all.

Both of my Amazon orders are still supposedly on schedule. They haven't updated, but now my guide is preparing for shipment. That's troubling.

Maybe I'll start to panic a little earlier than I thought.

Best Buy CE still hasn't shipped for me. Stuck at "preparing your item for shipping" the last few days. Ordered it during the July restock.

Getting a bit worried seeing everyone having theirs shipped already =(

jrush64

Banned
Same with my Mad Max. Well maybe tomorrow. I think I live close to one of their fulfillment centres. I get same day delivery so I'm hoping it should change tomorrow.

Hubble

"Awaiting UPS pickup

If you look at the order status on BestBuy, it says next day air saver. For those who have ordered on Amazon, you are fine. You will get it on the first. Relax guys.

jimflox

Neo Member
My Best Buy order still shows "in progress", not shipped (it was showing as a release date delivery as of last week). My Target order shows shipped on Friday, 8/28 (extra order is for a friend/co-woker), but the "Track package" link doesn't link to a valid tracking number.... sigh.

That being said, the fact that the reviews came out early somehow make it easier to wait... kinda like I'm already behind the curve, so a few more days won't kill me. If no reviews were out, I think I'd feel like I was missing out on the cutting edge of something new and big and exciting. Anyone else feel that vibe?

All that being said, I still may just say "eff it" and grab a BB copy of the standard/day one edition Tuesday, if I can re-sell my CE for a nice premium on ebay.

Or... I might just wait it out and keep playing waaaayyyyy too much Rocket League. That game is so much fun, it feels illegal.

OrochiJR

My order is officially being prepared for shipping, but the retailer just posted on his facebook that he hasn't received the CEs yet. I should have gone for the regular Day 1 edition since these are out in the wild already.

Amazon finally charged me for the CE guide. Still hasn't charged for the collectors edition though :/

NEVERMIND. Just checked again after posting and going back to work. It charged and is now preparing for shipment :)

Hasney

So I just got a Tweet back from Game. Apparently it was sent by DPD, got a tracking number that doesn't work yet, because they apparently need to scan in the package later today, Just trying to find out if it's coming tomorrow or not now, but all I get is that as far as they know they will be. Hopefully tracking number works later tonight so I can get a good sleep!

Top Bottom