• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

Ludens

Banned
I'm starting to lose hope that I'll ever play MGS V.

YXUcZcf.png

As I told you, Amazon shipping really depends from several factors, including your location and the location of their warehouse. Probably they will ship the game in just a couple of hours or during the night, and you will receive it as plannet.

Don't worry, at this point if there was something wrong, they would already send you a mail and the site would update with new info too ;)

Anyway, I really envy you, guys. My CE was canceled and that's it.

darthbob

As I told you, Amazon shipping really depends from several factors, including your location and the location of their warehouse. Probably they will ship the game in just a couple of hours or during the night, and you will receive it as plannet.

Don't worry, at this point if there was something wrong, they would already send you a mail and the site would update with new info too ;)

I'm just being overly dramatic lol

aradikus

Holy crap my CE is "Out for Delivery" right now, it's going to be here a day early! (WEST COAST USA, AMAZON)

I've never received a game early from Amazon before and I am BEYOND EXCITED. I'll be playing MGSV IN 8 HOURS!

jrush64

Banned

Yeah. They haven't shipped mine of my Mad Max but I get packages very quickly here. So i'm hoping they'll ship it later.

On the brightside for you If it doesn't come tomorrow, I'll go and get the Standard Edition from Best Buy and I can sell you my collectors edition.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Fuck G$. Got cancelled. Really just wanted the steelbook case from the collectors edition. Now I'm going to have hunt for it on overpriced ebay.

Canucked

Well my official order update from Amazon.ca got emailed. Delivery estimate next Tuesday....

Their page reflected that yesterday but I hoped it was a placeholder.

I just ordered a normal day 1 edition from best buy. I NEED to play this tomorrow haha. If the CE doesn't show up, I will be that irate asshole on the phone because they gave me no update that it wouldn't be showing up

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
According to a user in this topic, Best Buy typically will ship the night before for overnight delivery on pre-orders. I too have a CE with the "preparing for shipment" status still, and according to his experience, this is completely normal -- it should ship sometime today/tonight. I've never experienced this myself, but I'm hoping he's right.

Missing DLC codes will be replace by pictures of Konami employees giving you the bird.
Seriously, how did they screw up the launch this bad?

otapnam

GUYS GUYS GUYS.

Just got my best buy shipping confirmation text.

Was an order from march 19. Hope everyone gets theirs soon

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
According to a user in this topic, Best Buy typically will ship the night before for overnight delivery on pre-orders. I too have a CE with the "preparing for shipment" status still, and according to his experience, this is completely normal -- it should ship sometime today/tonight. I've never experienced this myself, but I'm hoping he's right.
Most, if not all, of the purchases I make are online through Best Buy and that's how it is for me and they've arrived on release day every single time. Granted, I live a few hours away from the shipping warehouse so that might play a factor.

Timeaisis

zYMRva4.png

Think I'm screwed for tomorrow. Customer Service is gonna get it from me if this doesn't show up tomorrow.

Same way as mine.
I swear they better get it to me.

I'm in the same boat as you my preorder as look exactly like that since Saturday.

Same here, ordered it the day it went live on BBY. Dammit.

Just believe guys. lets all hold hands and BELIEVE.

If we all hold hands and chant "La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo" maybe it'll go out for shipping. WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Most, if not all, of the purchases I make are online through Best Buy and that's how it is for me and they've arrived on release day every single time. Granted, I live a few hours away from the shipping warehouse so that might play a factor.
So when you use Best Buy, you get the shipping confirmation the day before? Do you ever get it later in the day? I'm just wondering when I should start being concerned (and possibly pre-ordering somewhere else so I can have the game on release day)?

myco666

My retailer haven't confirmed shipping yet and it is well past their closing time today. Guess I won't get my CE tomorrow. Damnit. They even said they would have enough copies for all who preordered last week.

Maddocks

order shipped from gamestop via UPS next day air. No doubt I'm getting it tomorrow, it has been an adventure. Now everyone who ordered via gamestop, go, and check that order page and see shipped!

BigFwoosh

Everybody getting worked up about their Amazon status being "Preparing for Shipment" needs to chill. This happens almost every time I preorder from them, and the game always comes on release day. The "Arriving Tomorrow by 8PM" text is the important part of your order page!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So when you use Best Buy, you get the shipping confirmation the day before? Do you ever get it later in the day? I'm just wondering when I should start being concerned (and possibly pre-ordering somewhere else so I can have the game on release day)?
I usually get in the evening the day before, and on the rare occasion the day of release at around 2 or 3 AM, but I always get it on release day.

TMC

My CE shipped from Best Buy yesterday. So Best Buy will actually email me the missing DLC codes or do I need to reach out to them first?

If you guys have Prime and/or One Day Shipping, they'll literally wait to ship it until tonight. As someone who constantly orders from Amazon, I've seen this numerous times.

Also, did anyone have their order cancelled on them? Mine was all set this morning, payment was processed and preparing for shipment then BAM! I get an email saying it was cancelled.

Hurried up to call them and was told that a cancelled order could not be revived and it doesn't show it was cancelled on their end. Makes no sense to me.

My CE shipped from Best Buy yesterday. So Best Buy will actually email me the missing DLC codes or do I need to reach out to them first?

Konami said that BBY will include the code on the receipts or email them. Since BBY didn't offer in-store pick up with all pre-orders, email will be the primary form. No word on how long it'll take though.

davedc226

WOOHOO, my Best Buy order finally shipped! Apparently it shipped yesterday (08/31), but they didn't update the status or email me until today.

I was starting to get worried there...

Top Bottom