• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

a harpy

Anyone freaking out about a 'preparing for shipment' this late in the day on Amazon. there's most likely nothing to worry about. They often fly them out to the center nearest to you and drive them to your town/city or load it up on the truck overnight. It'll be out for delivery tomorrow. This is considered "right on time" and I've had multiple games ship this late and got them on time.

Cleve

Still "preparing" at best buy. My danganroper and missing disney infinity toybox item shipped today though.

I've never once gotten a pre-ordered game from best buy the day of release. They always fuck it up if I don't choose in-store pickup, which unfortunately wasn't available for this.

According to a user in this topic, Best Buy typically will ship the night before for overnight delivery on pre-orders. I too have a CE with the "preparing for shipment" status still, and according to his experience, this is completely normal -- it should ship sometime today/tonight. I've never experienced this myself, but I'm hoping he's right.

I've pre-ordered several CE items from best buy to take advantage of the GCU discount.

They did not ever upgrade my shipping beyond the free shipping I get for being an elite plus member. Every single one has arrived a day or more late, and I live in central NJ.

//ARCANUM

My best buy ps4 CE just shipped. Here's hoping I get it tmrw!

Anyone know if the copy in the CE is a normal copy with a normal UPC on the back? So in case of worst case, I could buy a retail copy to tide me over and then return the one that comes in the CE.

Pwnedkiller

Neo Member
I think I found a Best Buy warehouse just few miles away so that may be why mine still hasn't shipped. Could be for other guys here to maybe you live close to one. I just googled Best Buy warehouse in PA.

Cleve

Anyone know if the copy in the CE is a normal copy with a normal UPC on the back? So in case of worst case, I could buy a retail copy to tide me over and then return the one that comes in the CE.

That's a good idea. I'd like to know too if anyone can say for sure.

Crumbtiny

Just got CE edition shipping confirmation from Amazon! It's also bundled with my order of Steins;Gate which I totally forgot about. Can't wait for it to arrive. I have Friday and Monday off so it'll make for a most excellent gaming weekend.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Still "preparing" at best buy. My danganroper and missing disney infinity toybox item shipped today though.

I've never once gotten a pre-ordered game from best buy the day of release. They always fuck it up if I don't choose in-store pickup, which unfortunately wasn't available for this.

I've pre-ordered several CE items from best buy to take advantage of the GCU discount.

They did not ever upgrade my shipping beyond the free shipping I get for being an elite plus member. Every single one has arrived a day or more late, and I live in central NJ.
Welp, as of late last year Best Buy started offering free expedited shipping on pre-orders that usually results in release date delivery, so I don't know what time frame you're referencing, but your experiences are contrary to several posters here who've ordered and had consistent release-date delivery in the past.

So then I haven't really read all of this thread but have there been a notable amount of cancellations or something? I read that the DLC code for PS4 CE's is not in the box but other than that have there been a lot of problems?

I think I found a Best Buy warehouse just few miles away so that may be why mine still hasn't shipped. Could be for other guys here to maybe you live close to one. I just googled Best Buy warehouse in PA.

Decided to check mine. Closest is about 4 hours away....eh...I better get my game tmrw.

Edit: Right as I finished typing this I got the text message from BBY..Apparently waiting for UPS to pick it up.

dolabla

My order is still on preparing for shipment, but I got the free shipping method, so I know I'll probably be one of the last shipments out. Probably will take 2-3 days to arrive once it ships out.

My Amazon PS4 CE still has the "No tracking details. We're preparing your order. Carrier information will be updated soon" status :(. Which is kind of shit since I placed my pre-order on March 9th. Still hopeful it will get to me since i'm a prime member.

Ocelott

My Amazon PS4 CE is still has the "No tracking details. We're preparing your order. Carrier information will be updated soon" status :(. Which is kind of shit since I placed my pre-order on March 9. Still hopeful it will get to me since i'm a prime member.
Same here...going to raise hell if it is late

OrochiJR

My Xbox One CE still hasn't been shipped. So I will get it probably on September 2nd. -_- At least I'll get Devil's Third tomorrow to entertain me for one day.

Anyone from Austria or Germany here who will get his or her CE by tomorrow? If yes, where did you order?

Sushigod7

Amazon US is at "preparing" for most of the morning so looks good. I've had some of these not confirm till the morning and still make it for Tuesday release so not worried yet.

Ashtar

That will be my plan as well additional info would be appreciated

HdyrDs3l.png

:O

Hasney

Oh thank god, the tracking number works now and it says tomorrow.

So tempted to pay £10 to get it between 8:30 and 10. I need it!

Warning!! If your CE is delayed and not arriving tomorrow, don't buy a retail copy of the standard game and expect to be able to return the game inside the CE. I just watched an unboxing of a US PS4 version and there is a NOT FOR RESALE box in place of a UPC.

Just FYI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyJqp9pHGsU#t=5m05s

Fuck.
Guess I'll just fucking deal if I dont get my copy tmrw....or go to that place that sells it today.

Hasney

Just noticed my Game order isn't addressed to anyone and doesn't have my house number in it like my other DPD order coming from elsewhere. I've clicked "deliver to my neighbour" then my house number to be safe.
I am partly tempted for the up to 12 one for £5, DPD for me usually deliver from 3pm to 5pm :<

Yeah, I ended up doing that.... Especially since I'm supposed to go out tomorrow night. Need at least 6 hours with it before leaving.

JayBabay

Just got a confirmation text from Best Buy that the order shipped! Got worried after everyone's early morning e-mails, cutting it close.

Top Bottom