• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Shannon Says He Fell Asleep Watching 'Batman v Superman'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Michael Shannon Says He Fell Asleep Watching 'Batman v Superman'

gettyimages-515243542-h_2016.jpg

In a recent interview with Fandango, actor Michael Shannon admitted he could not make it through Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, in which he has a cameo as Zod, but it's not all the film's fault.

"You’re gonna get me in trouble, man! People ask me about this all the time. OK, I’ll tell you the god’s honest truth," Shannon said. "Zack [Snyder] is gonna kill me for this — he’s gonna kill me. I watched it once and I fell asleep."

Addressing the baffled Fandango reporter, Shannon said, "I know, I know...I was on an international flight, and I was tired."

Watching the film, which starred Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill and was the sequel to the 2013 film, Man of Steel, on a small screen on a plane was not the best way to experience it for the first time, Shannon admitted.

"I shouldn’t have been watching it on a plane," he said. "But I never go to the movies anymore! I don’t have time to see anything. I used to go to the movies all the time when I was 20 years old and wasn’t working 10 days a week."

Shannon said he signed on to play Zod in the Man of Steel reboot because of the story, not just to be part of the Superman universe.

"When I did Man of Steel I thought the story was interesting; I thought it was relevant," he told Fandango. It was about a civilization that destroys the planet they live on and goes looking for another one. Ring any bells? That’s why I did it. I didn’t do it because I felt I needed a big comic book franchise — I honestly thought it was a beautiful story."

As for being a part of any other huge superhero franchises, Shannon says he has already passed on a new project.

Title of the article should've been "Michael Shannon falls asleep while in the middle of an international flight, as Batman v. Superman played in background"

But I guess it's a less zippy headline :p

Kibbles

I went to the theater with a group of friends to see it and one legitimately fell asleep halfway through.

This doesn't sound as bad though, on an international flight, I can see.

Aurongel

He's one of the lucky ones. I watched every minute of this dumpster fire opening night with an audience that never clapped, laughed or cheered once. Everyone left the theater like they were leaving a funeral.

Sanjuro

I went to the theater with a group of friends to see it and one legitimately fell asleep halfway through.

I've only fallen asleep once during a film and it was the midnight release of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Still not sure how I pulled that off.

Dalek

He's one of the lucky ones. I watched every minute of this dumpster fire opening night with an audience that never clapped, laughed or cheered once. Everyone left the theater like they were leaving a funeral.

That is exactly how my theater left too. People stood up and were just staring at the wall and just silently moved out of the theater, single file-not saying a word.

robotrock

Banned

Who claps and cheers in a movie theater?

He is honestly the best part of pretty much every movie and TV series he is on. His character MADE Boardwalk Empire for me, and he was the best part of his Superman movie. I instantly sit up if I hear Michael Shannon is in something.

andymcc

Banned
I too fell asleep watching BvS during an international flight.

We have more than being Kentuckian in common, Shannon.

EhoaVash

Hm the last movie I fell asleep watching was my 2bd viewing of the force awakens. The magic really does disappear after first viewing. Never watching it again

Tugatrix

well there isn't much to be clapped or cheered in this movie, as for laughing only involuntary comedy

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I probably would have fallen asleep watching it on a plane too. It's a very backloaded film, tons of junk in the trunk. It's interesting that he has already passed on another blockbuster. With his recent projects it feels like he just wants to be a legit actor, do smaller passion projects. The man has the chops, so I'd rather see him on the indie scene than a mindless superhero movie if given the choice.

The third star wars prequel put me to sleep. Woke up and they were jumping on cgi icebergs in cgi lava. I just gave up and closed my eyes again.

Cafeman

Strange enough, when I went, the theater was full with lots of kids, who clapped, laughed, and some wailed when Superman died. It did make the film more fun.

zeemumu

Well on that same logic I fell asleep during both Evil Dead 1 and 2 at 11pm after a long day.

Granted if I watched Batman v Superman again I probably wouldn't sit through the whole thing regardless of how tired I was prior.

Who claps and cheers in a movie theater?

There were these assholes behind me who realized that you could convince most of the theater to clap at random moments if they started to clap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom