• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has instructed Xbox social media accounts to go dark today to avoid criticism

Here's what Sarah Bond said (could be almost anything or nothing)

"Dina: "Xbox itself's heritage is in console. The energy around the console right now is a little challenged, many of the hardcore long-term consumers are worried, worried about the release on other platforms, worried that it may indicate that Xbox is defocusing on its own hardware. What do you say to them? How do you make them feel that Xbox is still for them?"

Sarah: "Yeah, at first the worry that I see is happening across the industry and I think that a lot of what we see is just industry all up. But specific to core gamers, my focus has really been on engineering and building that next-generation hardware experience that really, really, taps into their needs. I talked about this a little bit publically a few months ago, that our focus was on delivering the biggest leap ever. And that's about really thinking through every aspect of what that hardware and what that experience delivers with the core gamer in mind. And that is about power and performance, absolutely a part of it.

"But it's also about the ability to be able to play all of the games. I mean we have people who have been playing on Xbox for decades and have invested thousands and thousands of dollars and hours with us and being able to take all of those games with them into the hardware of the future. So one of the decisions made when I came in and became president of Xbox was to establish at team dedicated to that to game preservation and ensuring that future generations, future iterations, that you get to take those things with you forward."

Yep, she and Spencer pretty much confirmed it:

We’ve got more to come. There’s some exciting stuff coming out in hardware that we’re going to share this holiday. We’re also invested in the next-generation roadmap. What we’re really focused on there is delivering the largest technical leap you will have ever seen in a hardware generation, which makes it better for players and better for creators and the visions that they’re building.

drganon

Or Gavon west, hey Gavon?! React laugh if you’re still alive!!
Lest we forget the true king of nutcases...
lXQoh5XR_400x400.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Funny thing is a tech company telling coworkers to go dark when bad news comes out wouldnt even be needed if their workers to start with werent immature whiners airing out their life, career and company on social media to begin with.

For any of you who have worked at a non-tech company with layoffs, name one time HR or bosses told the floor to please dont go on social media telling the world. They dont have to because they know nobody would do it.

Top Bottom