• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
MS friend playing the game isn't too happy with the image. Says it's definitely nowhere close to 60fps that he can feel, feels it's much closer to 30. Image is somewhat blurry, "extremely so" at some points, on foliage especially. Distinct lack of AA too. I guess we'll find out Tuesday.

I guess that explains why they weren't sending out XBO review copies or talking about that version.

Bloodrage

Banned
MS friend playing the game isn't too happy with the image. Says it's definitely nowhere close to 60fps that he can feel, feels it's much closer to 30. Image is somewhat blurry, "extremely so" at some points, on foliage especially. Distinct lack of AA too. I guess we'll find out Tuesday.
720p/30fps confirmed then?

hwy_61

Banned
I have both, but I will probably end up going for xbox one. Gotta use my 230 dollars from that gamestop promotion before it expires lol

Haha, sounds good! If there's anyway they could patch it so it looks less blurry, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, I guess. But maybe that's now quire how that works...

antitrop

The game is coming out soon and no one knows the specs for x1?

The devs were specifically asked on a stream and completely avoided the question, from what I'm aware of.

PS4 isn't confirmed, but targeting 1080p/60, I guess. (1080/variable wouldn't surprise me)

Krakn3Dfx

Tuesday should be fascinating.
tumblr_m6cvot25tS1qb8kps.gif

This game has exclusive content for the PS4 version? What is that?

You get a few exclusive missions, similar to Watch Dogs' exclusive content.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...lusive-playstation-pre-order-extras-detailed/

In these exclusive missions, you’ll go head-to-head with the deadly Blood Hunters, and the fearsome Flesh Burners, two of the most savage Warbands in all of Mordor (and two groups of hunters determined to personally bring your head to Sauron).

drotahorror

Is there still no concrete word on if the ps4 version is 60 or close to it? (How could so many reviews be out but not mention it?

cancelled my amazon order and went digital on psn.

Patroclos

Banned
This game has exclusive content for the PS4 version? What is that?

From Gamespot;
According to a post on the PlayStation Blog from developer Monolith Productions' Community Manager Andy Salisbury, preordering the game for PS4 will get you the PlayStation Legion Edition missions. The exclusive missions will have you battling two more Warbands in Mordor: the Blood Hunters and the Flesh Burners.

The Blood Hunters, he said, are master assassins who travel in packs, and defeating them will earn you the Stinging Blade Rune. The Flesh Burners are a band of elite archers, and defeating them will earn you the Black Arrow Rune.

The missions included in the PlayStation Legion Edition are on top of The Dark Ranger preorder bonus you get no matter what platform you preorder the game for. It includes the Dark Ranger character skin and the Test of Power Challenge Mode. Both are different from the retailer-specific preorder bonuses.

Patroclos

Banned
Wonder if the runes you acquire from the PS4 exclusive stuff are available to all through other means. Fuck skins and crap, but the actual content stuff being absent is bullshit on either system. Hate that BS.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The devs were specifically asked on a stream and completely avoided the question, from what I'm aware of.

PS4 isn't confirmed, but targeting 1080p/60, I guess. (1080/variable wouldn't surprise me)

Dawg said the PS4 framerate was pretty damn solid.

Honestly, why can't Lith just answer the question regarding the XB1? I wanted to buy it for the Bone (even though my PC is more powerful than both next gen consoles), but their lack of communication is putting me off the game entirely.

MMaRsu

Honestly, why can't Lith just answer the question regarding the XB1? I wanted to buy it for the Bone (even though my PC is more powerful than both next gen consoles), but their lack of communication is putting me off the game entirely.

They dont want to advertise the game is running at a lower resolution and possibly framerate......

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
You get a few exclusive missions, similar to Watch Dogs' exclusive content.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...lusive-playstation-pre-order-extras-detailed/

From Gamespot;
According to a post on the PlayStation Blog from developer Monolith Productions' Community Manager Andy Salisbury, preordering the game for PS4 will get you the PlayStation Legion Edition missions. The exclusive missions will have you battling two more Warbands in Mordor: the Blood Hunters and the Flesh Burners.

The Blood Hunters, he said, are master assassins who travel in packs, and defeating them will earn you the Stinging Blade Rune. The Flesh Burners are a band of elite archers, and defeating them will earn you the Black Arrow Rune.

The missions included in the PlayStation Legion Edition are on top of The Dark Ranger preorder bonus you get no matter what platform you preorder the game for. It includes the Dark Ranger character skin and the Test of Power Challenge Mode. Both are different from the retailer-specific preorder bonuses.

Thanks guys. I hope this game does well.

antitrop

Could be a really solid 30, but it feels a bit better than just locked 30fps. Maybe unlocked 30-60.

If it's anything like Tomb Raider: DE, a 30fps lock option would be nice. I'm not a fan of that variable shit. Not until Gsync becomes a standard.

Agreed. It bothered me in Knack and Killzone, but not so much in Infamous for some reason.

I haven't played Infamous, but I'm aware they patched in a 30fps option after fan feedback, so that's pretty cool. Ditto Killzone.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Agreed. It bothered me in Knack and Killzone, but not so much in Infamous for some reason.

It's because infamous tends to run around the same framerate instead of fluctuating a lot. Even though it has some judder, you can get used to it since it's not all over the place.

Dawg

Whatever the framerate is, I don't notice any judder/drops/screen tearing and this also counts for battles where there are like 50 orcs moving around with a lot of special effects etc. It's quite impressive actually.

Game is smooth as fuck.

Top Bottom