• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

SparkTR

It doesn't look better to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrzSBpkxbqw

That's how clean the PS4 version looks going by the console screenshot thread. Unless by good specs you mean having a 6GB vram graphics card for the Ultra textures( even though the video is labeled Ultra some people say the pack is not released(as is the game but that's not mentioned)).

If the PS4 version looks as 'clean' as that video it must look messy as fuck then, because even at 1440p the compression and bitrate makes that video near useless for any comparisons outside of what the gameplay is like.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Still no gmg keys :(

Not gonna get that preload

Paganmoon

But the book is 1,137 pages.
The Hobbit is going to be over 9 hours and that book is 304 pages.

Yepp...

Where is this 720p 30 coming from on xbox one? You lot are making me nearly cancel my pre order

Youtube comment from some Belgians who unboxed the press-kit.

Was in Athens a month ago. Loved very second of it.

Yeah, really looking forward to it, the hotel is right next to the acropolis, not sure how long it's going to take to explore it though.

@Wreck

NB3R70G.png

Nooooo

interesting i'm listening

Typomancer

Neo Member
Listen up ShadowGAF, its orc name generator time! Let us bring to the light the true name of your inner darkness so that we may all wallow in our collective filth and depravity.
Middle Earth orc name generator.
Behold! You are in the presence of:
Sloiuga, the pointing claw - Uruk of Mordor

Durgaz, the beast - Uruk of Mordor

So good.

I got it for the PC. I wonder if someone will eventually be able to mod the Steam version so that DS4 button symbols replace the traditional ABXY/Xbox ones.

Still internally debating on getting it for the PS4 as well. It unlocks earlier from PSN than Steam, and it’s much easier for me to play on my TV.

Jack cw

This is a really moronic post. Why is it so hard to believe there may be some middle ground?
Because everything is specualtion. People are overreacting because of a YT comment.
And I'm not a fan of stupid one liners blaming devs for weaker performing versions on a weaker system.

Guerrilla

This is a really moronic post. Why is it so hard to believe there may be some middle ground?

well he is right, there is absolutely no reason for 720p30 and 1080p60 other than not caring enough. The power difference is far far smaller than that. If this turns out to be true that's a major letdown from monolith...

VanWinkle

I really don't believe the XB1 version is 720p 30fps. Maybe 900p 30fps or something but I just don't believe the difference will be that big.

So, as with any new release lately, I gotta ask, does preorder the game on xbox one in a region that has the game unlocked still work?

Might be a nice addition to my monday if i get it end it playing a game early again. Worked with diablo and destiny!

Paganmoon

With 720p/30fps there is no middle ground. But anyway, I'm pretty sure it isn't true. Asked the CN Play channel guys for more info on twitter, not expecting a response from them.

Df should be interesting, that's for sure.

Sure will.

Also, lets not forget "Watch_Dogs 1080p/60fps!". Lots of misinformation all around.

LOL!!! Did you seriously fall for the "cloud improves performance" lie from Microsoft? Lol do you really believe this nonsense?

Nope. I was making the point that even if I accept as true everything Microsoft said about the cloud benefiting performance, it still wouldn't make much a difference for third party developers since any benefit that it achieves come with an always online drawback. I'm not replacing one criticism with another. I'm adding a whole other set of arguments that the XB1 would have to overcome.

Although in Microsoft's defense, the Nemesis system is in fact something perfectly suited for Azure. I'm not really sure how much a benefit it would be though since much of that calculation can, and probably is done while looking at a menu screen. However in theory, if Shadow of Mordor was an XB1 exclusive I could envision an always ongoing Nemesis system running in the background involving many more participants and with more complex interactions.

I have always been extremely doubtful that the could would help with graphics. I been skeptical about its usefulness of physics calculations, but enhancing AI seems like a place where the cloud could work.

Guerrilla

So, as with any new release lately, I gotta ask, does preorder the game on xbox one in a region that has the game unlocked still work?

Might be a nice addition to my monday if i get it end it playing a game early again. Worked with diablo and destiny!

Well HK release is later this time around if you are hinting at that... (I think it'll come out next week there) And europe is on friday so the earlies would be the us market place, so no monday gaming...

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I really don't believe the XB1 version is 720p 30fps. Maybe 900p 30fps or something but I just don't believe the difference will be that big.

I'm not sure what to think, but this game seems to really be pushing some large texture data. That 6GB vid RAM for the PC ultra setting is unprecedented and something we've not seen before. With the large amount of orcs one can get on screen at the same time too, this game simply might be too demanding for the X1 to keep pace even closely with the more advanced PS4 and PC design. Perhaps the devs decided to make the gameplay and mob density a priority over the graphics instead? A cross platform game that maintains it's fun but looks much worse is usually better than a game that is both less fun due to content being pulled and yet still looks slightly worse.

It will be very interesting in the next couple of days to see what the real specs turn out to be...

I doubt MS would let it be 720/30. They seem to be phoning up devs and making them fix it for high profile releases. I know this isn't the biggest launch of the year or anything but it seems to have gone up a lot, after the good reviews.

Slixshot

Banned
Listen up ShadowGAF, its orc name generator time! Let us bring to the light the true name of your inner darkness so that we may all wallow in our collective filth and depravity.
Middle Earth orc name generator.
Behold! You are in the presence of:
Sloiuga, the pointing claw - Uruk of Mordor

Ghaash, the cook - Uruk of Mordor heheheh

Pls. I was being sarcastic.

*Respect regained*
Sarcasm doesn't always make it through the interwebs <3

Top Bottom