• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I actually don't think that video was a great showing for this game. The hours of streams we've been getting for months are all way better.

Some people just don't know how to play with style.

Was he playing on Easy or something? The AI looked TERRIBLE.

Grimsen

Can't wait to play this tomorrow, my My friend I play Destiny with is distraught.

Oh, and Shag, the begger - Uruk of Mordor . That's right, the begger of shag.

I know most people go digital now days but just a word of warning the physical PC copy of Mordor has been delayed until October 1st. Only one day but just a heads up. Issues with the vendor.

I'll be playing this on PC but i was wondering what people think is the way forward in terms of control method.

All the vids i've seen are using a controller.

So question PC with Controller (I user an XB1 controller) or Mouse and KB?

Twinduct

£55 digital on PS4

What. The. Fuck.

Easy way:

Buy US PSN cards via Amazon (they don't check billing address against international cards, so use random details of a place that doesn't have Digital Tax).
Crate US account, Activate as primary account/ PS4. Add the points, buy the game, preload and now you can play the game on your other accounts.

JChalmers

Neo Member
Just got a dispatch email from Game Collection sent 1st class so hopefully arriving tomorrow!

Not bad for a £30 purchase last week after the reviews persuaded me....

I'm not sure what to think, but this game seems to really be pushing some large texture data. That 6GB vid RAM for the PC ultra setting is unprecedented and something we've not seen before. With the large amount of orcs one can get on screen at the same time too, this game simply might be too demanding for the X1 to keep pace even closely with the more advanced PS4 and PC design. Perhaps the devs decided to make the gameplay and mob density a priority over the graphics instead? A cross platform game that maintains it's fun but looks much worse is usually better than a game that is both less fun due to content being pulled and yet still looks slightly worse.

It will be very interesting in the next couple of days to see what the real specs turn out to be...
Not much to add to this except to point it out to those who have missed it. This game is hitting the XB1 right where it is the weakest. Its core gameplay is based around having a bunch of extremely individualized orcs on the screen at once in an open world setting. Thus the need for a lot of textures which could overwhelm the limited ESRAM in the XB1. The devs can't really cut the textures to improve performance because the Nemesis system would be quite dull it the orcs looked alike.

TaKeRx

Is the gane really 720p on XB1 or is it just runors? If that's the case then I'm going with the PS4 version on this one.

Easy way:

Buy US PSN cards via Amazon (they don't check billing address against international cards, so use random details of a place that doesn't have Digital Tax).
Crate US account, Activate as primary account/ PS4. Add the points, buy the game, preload and now you can play the game on your other accounts.

I can switch primary account back to my UK account afterwards right?

Also, do Amazon email the codes straight away? Ho much is the game on the US store?

Wish I could convert the GBP I have available online to dollars to use on a US account, got £50 credit but they charge silly money for full games on the UK store.

Zyae

Not much to add to this except to point it out to those who have missed it. This game is hitting the XB1 right where it is the weakest. Its core gameplay is based around having a bunch of extremely individualized orcs on the screen at once in an open world setting. Thus the need for a lot of textures which could overwhelm the limited ESRAM in the XB1. The devs can't really cut the textures to improve performance because the Nemesis system would be quite dull it the orcs looked alike.

Lol that's not how these things work.... It has nothing to do with orcs being individuals.

Calmine

Just got a dispatch email from Game Collection sent 1st class so hopefully arriving tomorrow!

Not bad for a £30 purchase last week after the reviews persuaded me....

Is that for the PC version or console version? I order mine from Game Collection too and haven't got a dispatched email.

Top Bottom