• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

VanWinkle

This is what worries me about fanboy is if anyone thinks that looks bad. I just don't get it. Would take locked 30 over fluctuating 60. Please be locked 30

Who on earth describes rare drops from 60 when you're in a non-controlled domination section "fluctuating"? And if it's 60 in most every other instance, you would have to be insane to want 30 instead, just because of those meaningless drops.

hengyu

Wait, is this game region locked? I bought it as a gift from the B/T/S thread and now I'm not able to activate it via my browser at work... Jesus christ don't do this to me

haterofpants

Neo Member
I'm hearing that the game is now region locked, so people can't buy it cheap from other sellers anymore. Does this mean that those of us who ordered from Nuuvem are screwed? They haven't even given us our keys yet.

bbd23

alright! pc version runs to my liking and man this game looks beautiful!

cant wait to actually dive in and play in the morning!

dcassell

Banned
I'm hearing that the game is now region locked, so people can't buy it cheap from other sellers anymore. Does this mean that those of us who ordered from Nuuvem are screwed? They haven't even given us our keys yet.

Ack. I bought this on Nuuvem and should have known better. Gonna wait it out for confirmation on this, but I hope that isn't the case. Wasted 20 dollars if it is, but I guess that's okay.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Oh very cool.
There was an archer who just killed me. He was weaker than the bunch I was fighting, but he leveled after I died and he became a captain with new gear and moved up in the ranks.

Purexed

Banned
Been playing on PS4 for past couple hours, smooth as butter and great image quality. Great kickoff to the storyline too, seems very polished after a few missions.

Yeah, can't play for whatever reason. Game loaded initially, then after I got past the tutorial, I got stuck on a loading screen. Had to alt-tab out. Now the game just keeps loading forever before even getting to the main menu.

An-Det

Only just finished the prologue to test the settings (i5-750 and HD 5850, so was curious to see what "minimum" would produce) and it's still not bad looking and so far runs quite nicely at the default settings. Really curious to tweak it tomorrow. It's not going to compare to newer rigs, but if I can bump it to 1080 I'd be good with it.

Also, how do you install the miscelaneous dlc? This shows if I right click-view dlc, I guess I just exit and restart steam?

102fnlA.png

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ack. I bought this on Nuuvem and should have known better. Gonna wait it out for confirmation on this, but I hope that isn't the case. Wasted 20 dollars if it is, but I guess that's okay.
You can use a free vpn. It's usually only required for activation.

Zafir

I hope they release a patch that fixes the resolution option when you have DSR enabled. I had to turn it oif in the control panel to get my native resolution to display. >.<

Teknoman

It looks REALLY good, but does seem abit easy. Thats one thing i've never liked about Arkham / Assassin's style combat systems.

Jtrizzy

Been playing on PS4 for past couple hours, smooth as butter and great image quality. Great kickoff to the storyline too, seems very polished after a few missions.

Glad to hear. I'm watching it on this stream http://www.twitch.tv/nukemdukem

I have a 580, which seems to yield similar results with PS4. If it's a nice smooth 1080p60, I'll just take the convenience of a console over my aging gpu, even though both are hooked up to the same surround sound/plasma set up.

I do hope to hear even more from DF etc.

TheRed

Game runs and looks great on my 970 at 1440p everything maxed except i haven't downloaded the ultra texture pack yet.
Very fun to just be slowly stalking around Mordor, especially with the Dark Ranger cloak.

15212075458_0365f284dc_o.jpg

15211926429_66415d2984_o.jpg

game is a bit easier than I'd like so far wish there was a difficulty option
Damn, that was my big concern for the game. Supposedly later on you'll be able to issue a challenge/threat to your target in order to increase the difficulty, but it always annoys me when games don't include a difficulty option. It's like some huge blind spot in the industry.

My only guess as to why they don't do it is because it would require a lot more testing, since you'd have to test the game at each difficulty setting. Still, an overly simply game can quickly turn it from being great to being a bore.

xBladeM6x

Game runs and looks great on my 970 at 1440p everything maxed except i haven't downloaded the ultra texture pack yet.
Very fun to just be slowly stalking around Mordor, especially with the Dark Ranger cloak.

15212075458_0365f284dc_o.jpg

15211926429_66415d2984_o.jpg

That Dark Ranger skin. Hnnnnnnnnnnnnngggg. I'm waiting for the Ultra pack to show up in my DLC before I play. This is killing me. :(

Top Bottom