• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

Kard8p3

Okay potential spoiler talk from the first hour in. It has to do with the captains and is not story related but marking it as spoiler anyhow.

I really hope some new guys get recruited quickly, or they can come back from the dead right? Just from running around the map for an hour half the captains are dead: http://i.imgur.com/SnBYu9w.jpg image link to show what im talking about. Granted I've only done like 2 story missions but I hope they get harder.

in a lot of streams they talk about how the army never stops churning out new orcs. I think every time you die/make time pass new people show up/orcs come back from being "dead."

Help me obi wan neogaf. Is the PS4 version 1080? Prolly not huh. 720 30fps right?

I'm just wondering if i should get it for pc or ps4. I just don't particularly like gaming on PC anymore due to sitting infront of one 24/7 working.

SRTtoZ

I want story impressions when you can, I know its late and you can't play too much but whenever you can would be amazing. Its sounding like a pickup for me on PS4 tomorrow! Batman + LOTR? Yes pls.

i never played any Batman. I wasn't GAF and superhero games aren't my thing. So I've come to learn I missed some pretty good games, but the bright side is, the combat will be brand new to me once I jump in Mordor.

I want story impressions when you can, I know its late and you can't play too much but whenever you can would be amazing. Its sounding like a pickup for me on PS4 tomorrow! Batman + LOTR? Yes pls.

The beginning is told interestingly, but it seems pretty sparse so far. One of the first missions introduces you to a pretty major character from the mainline stories. Other than that I can't really tell you that much about it.

in a lot of streams they talk about how the army never stops churning out new orcs. I think every time you die/make time pass new people show up/orcs come back from being "dead."

Good good.

Sanctuary

So the port quality seems very high, with the 6 GB Vram requirement being complete bullshit as expected.

It was never 6GB to run the game. It was 6GB to run with the optional Ultra textures. If you had been paying attention to the performance thread, you would see that people using 4GB cards (with the optional Ultra download) have an average of 50-70 FPS, but with drops as low as 14.

So yeah, the recommended 6GB it not really off base if using the Ultra textures, which is all it was recommended for. Game still looks and runs great without those textures though, which is what most people care about.

Hmm... Just a thought for people like me who are concerned that the game is too easy. Don't you have the ability to manually move time forward and thus could level up your opponents?

The funny thing about the game, if I understand it right, is that the better you are the easier it gets. That's because if you don't die then you opponents never get the chance to level up. However, if you are having difficulties with the game, then the game would get progressively harder since every time you died your opponents would grow stronger. I hope that's wrong, but does anybody know why it would be wrong?

Here's my first official nemesis, little did I know a lone archer would become such a shitty talking enemy. He killed me with a cheap shot while I was fighting a dozen other enemies.

dvcwrs.png

PepperedHam

Game rocks hardcore so far. Executing orcs is insanely satisfying. Can't comment on much more though seeing as how I am only a few hours in and have mainly been kicking orc ass instead of advancing the game ahead too much.

Debating on whether or not the season pass is worth picking up this early.

Just for confirmation, the only things you would get early access to as of now are the challenge trials, and a mission right? Some of the articles talking about the season pass are kind of janky.

Also, EDIT: I didn't notice whether or not the game uses auto save or not. I'm afraid to turn it off right now.

Dryk

I'm looking forward to the dust settling re: public opinion on this one. The way the Nemesis system has been marketed makes me cynical but from the sounds of more recent impressions its pretty good.

Montresor

Does this game have Minas Tirith, Gondor, the Shire, the Misty Mountains, Lothlorien, Elves in general, Rivendell, Hobbits, Dwarves, dragons, Balrogs, Gandalf? And whichever tower Sauron's eye was in - I don't remember its name.

I don't care about spoilers. But just knowing that stuff is in the game would get me really hyped.

scoobs

Does this game have Minas Tirith, Gondor, the Shire, the Misty Mountains, Lothlorien, Elves in general, Rivendell? And whichever tower Sauron's eye was in - I don't remember its name.

I don't care about spoilers. But just knowing that stuff is in the game would get me really hyped.

Its set entirely inside of Mordor... so presumably no to everything.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
Oh geez Nuuvem haven't sent out the keys yet and I've got Australian-tier internet., hopefully I'll be able to play before the end of the week.

greenfish

Banned
Damn so it seems some of our fears about game being too easy is confirmed?

That's why I hate asscreed, why use stealth when you're one man army, why use upgrade when your basic or later upgraded combos can kill everything.

In my book a game have failed completly if you cant get past everything by just pressing 2-3 buttons, aka button mashing. No it's not possible in "all" games. Try mashing buttons in ninja gaiden black....

Can anyone who's a bit farther in confirm this? It's a plus if you're ex ninja gaiden/god of war player/dmc.

Kard8p3

Damn so it seems some of our fears about game being too easy is confirmed?

That's why I hate asscreed, why use stealth when you're one man army, why use upgrade when your basic or later upgraded combos can kill everything.

In my book a game have failed completly if you can't get past everything by just pressing 2-3 buttons, aka button mashing. No it's not possible in "all" games. Try mashing buttons in ninja gaiden black....

Can anyone who's a bit farther in confirm this? It's a plus if you're ex ninja gaiden/god of war player/dmc.

Worst comes to worst, you can just powerlevel the captains/warchiefs

Levyne

Banned
Ended up playing a lot more than I intended ><

Little bit overwhelmed at all the map icons and everything to start out, haha.

Killed two melee captains pretty easily but one with a bow ended up getting me :(

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wait a min can you invert Y in this game? If not I'm going to be insanely pissed as I preordered digitally on the ps4...

Mother of fuck. I impulse purchase on my PS4 digitally an hour ago and this is the first post I read in the thread. Almost gave me a heart attack.

Top Bottom