• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millennials are killing chains like Buffalo Wild Wings and Applebee's

Alphahawk

How to write a journalism hot take.

A) find a failing company
B) find another failing company in the same feild.
C) Blame Millenials for killing said

Applebee's have had an um "reputation" for years. It ain't new dining habits that are killing them.

Dysun

Last time I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and Applebee's reminded me why I never go there. The food sucks and is overpriced

LProtag

I'd much rather go to a restaurant that's not a chain, even if I have to pay a few dollars more. Support local.

Slayven

There is a local joint that makes lemon pepper wings that make you lose your damn mind, can get a goddamn pan of 30 for like 6 bucks

Why would I go to BWW when Wing Stop exists? Hell, outside of diners for breakfast, I don't like going out to eat at places that wait on me. I'd rather have a home cooked meal, or something I can order and be done with.

Having spent the last few years doing a lot more cooking at home, I understand the appeal of it. It is fun, and it is a helluva lot cheaper as well. Even splurging on stuff I get like 4 servings of a meal and only spend like $15. And I get to drink and listen to music while preparing it.

dsp

I've been to Buffalo Wild Wings a few times. The food isn't that great and it's loud as fuck in there, place is kind of a fucking nightmare to me. Applebee's doesn't taste very good either. I can make better and cheaper food at home. The only dine in chain restaurant in my neck of the woods that I really like closed down a few weeks ago, anyway. To hell with the rest of 'em.

Sandoval

I have never been to, nor will I ever frequent a Buffalo Wild Wings. Absolutely zero interest. Looks like a Dave and Busters without the overpriced arcade. I've only been in a D&B's once...

kirby_fox

Banned
Friends and me used to hit up Friday's and Applebees often. Applebees quality went out the window real quick. Then Friday's did too.

All of the quality went downhill. Better places with better food exist.

Damn us for destroying crappy businesses.

marrec

Banned
If I'm sitting down to pay too much for food then I'm going to somewhere that makes good fuckin' food, not Applebee's.

Even the small ass podunk town I lived in while in New Mexico had better local joints that were less expensive and tasted great. Why would ANYONE subject themselves to "casual dining" chains unless forced too.

Slayven

Mr.Shrugglesツ;239093358 said:
Wait WAIT WAIT!

Just a god damned second calling appetizers APPS didn't work?

Who wants Apps, when you can have 'Za?

If I'm sitting down to pay too much for food then I'm going to somewhere that makes good fuckin' food, not Applebee's.

You deserve to eat at a place with a wine list and waiters with a peppermill Tim Wise

KingV

Panera does not bring lower prices. Man, fuck that place. Over $10 per person for fucking sandwiches and I still have to bus my own plates.

Edit: I fuck with BW3 wings though. Love that Asian Zing. I agree that the place is too loud though.

Hazmat

Applebee's is killing Applebee's. I will gladly eat in almost every chain, but Applebee's is terrible. You're better off buying frozen stuff at the supermarket and heating it up yourself.

Younger people are pretty adverse to chain places like this though. Thanks to the internet it's easy to find better places.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Plus... going out sucks.

Drive there. Have to wait for a seat... sometimes 30+ mins. Then ordering and waiting for server and preparation. Then wait to pay. It's hours sometimes, wasted. And expensive.

Rather make my own wings and enjoy my few hours of freedom from work. And spend my savings on internet or whatever.

If I eat out it's somewhere worth the time and money.

Those places are trash. That's probably why. It's not anybody's fault that people are unwilling to eat overpriced crap. I can get a better meal than either of those places at a taco truck and spend less than what they charge for a fucking single beer.

Sunster

I want food that is healthy and good and not $30+. those restaurants are good every once in a while but not a weekly event.

mr stroke

you guys are insane. I just ate a BWW burger and it was fucking fantastic

H2bYlXL.jpg

Out of the big chains Buffalo Wild Wings is my favorite. I've had the best wings of my life there at one time (mango habanero was my sauce), but I've also had the worst wings of my life there as well. It's gambling.

It seems like all we do is ruin everything these days. It kinda erks me when the idea that millennials "are to blame" is thrown around, just seem a nit insulting. Like fuck off. Are people upset because we are wiser in our spending? I guess that 1% wouldn't be happy about that, but still, like damn.

Pizza

lol i can't even justify paying to eat at Applebee's ironically

I'd legit rather go eat better food. Price+taste is the factor for me, I barely ever go to sit down places

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
I still like Fridays but I would never bother to go there.

The only casual diner I'm going to miss is Friendly's.

I went to Buffalo Wild Wings on Friday and it took 45 minutes just to get our food, which made us late getting back to work. It was expensive, too. The casual dining experience might just be too big an ask for millennials with smaller paychecks and 30 minute lunches.

I don't even think it's really the quality of the food per say that's to blame. It's the fact that the prices of casual dining are outpacing the fucking wages we're making, which is the core problem why Millennials are killing whatever. There are other reasons (quality of food, changing habits, etc.), but that's really the core of it.

Goo

Good riddance to Applebee's. Most of the meals are like banquet frozen meals served on a plate.

Top Bottom