• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Dungeons |OT| Lootblocks!!!!!

cormack12

Gold Member
sXl2zfi.png

9oI6KGT.png

7krg6Xc.gif

XZGVe7U.gif

9u5eWw3.gif
MB9AlB6.gif

NGbQo5N.png

5Tg86YK.png

I'm working from home so not sure what schedule will be like Sunday/Monday so bumping it now so it's ready. Hope that's OK!

Can't wait to sink my teeth into this with my kids. They are going to go bonkers. Love what I see about there being endgame content. Seems like they plan on supporting this.

Also, I've been going ham with gamepass lately.

MCC
Endless Legend
DeadCells
Kingdom Come
Gears Tactics
AoE
TABS
Astroneer
And so many more I want to try... I feel like I can't even keep up.

Just an unbelievable value.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Looking forward to trying it out on Game Pass. I know the campaign is short but is the endgame worthwhile?

From what I've read/seen it depends on how much you've come to expect from ARPG's. If you've played the likes of Diablo/Grim Dawn/Titan Quest/Wolcen etc then you're going to be disappointed because it lacks any sort of depth or variety.

However if it's your first dance with an ARPG and you have no reference points then it could be ok.

Have they mentioned anything about long-term support? It feels like a pretty good starting point but pushed out the door with only the minimal of content. I guess my main concern is if this is just more Gamepass fodder meant to keep people busy for a couple of months, or if they see this as the start of a much larger eco-system eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Releasing on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC

I don't think it's a coincidence that this game is being released without much content, in the middle of an Xbox game draught. If you are looking at a multiplatform release then now is a terrible time considering both PS4 and Switch have massive games releasing the same time.

GHG

Gold Member
PC version is that MGS, Epic, Steam?

Windows store.

But get it (and any other Windows store/ganepass games) via the Xbox app:

It's a much better experience. I've had no complaints while using the Xbox app other than the time my Ori install got corrupted when it was installing an update.

cormack12

Gold Member
Have they mentioned anything about long-term support? It feels like a pretty good starting point but pushed out the door with only the minimal of content. I guess my main concern is if this is just more Gamepass fodder meant to keep people busy for a couple of months, or if they see this as the start of a much larger eco-system eventually.

There's two additional DLC packs, but I suspect this might be a confidence and supply deal based on how well it does.

, in the middle of an Xbox game draught.

Game Pass has been killing it over the past couple months. If this was an Xbox exclusive you’d maybe have a point but since it’s not, I just have a hard time seeing your argument

Sink your teeth into this? That's like when you're hungry saying I can't wait to devour this single baby carrot!

Do baby carrots drop loot?

Grinchy

Banned
It's a shame to read that it's really shallow. It has a great look and the idea of mixing Minecraft with Diablo sounds fucking awesome on paper. It reminds me coming up with the idea of mixing Mario + XCOM, which turned out amazing.

cormack12

Gold Member
It's a shame to read that it's really shallow. It has a great look and the idea of mixing Minecraft with Diablo sounds fucking awesome on paper. It reminds me coming up with the idea of mixing Mario + XCOM, which turned out amazing.

Mario v rabbids?

nikolino840

Bottom line is, if the loot is cool then the game will get a lot of play from even casual ARPG fans. I'm not expecting to be blown away by the game but it looks like a fun time. I am a little burnt out on Wolcen and Grim Dawn so it will be a nice change of pace for me.
Is not to take so seriously like the famous ones...Is like comparing Lego Star Wars with jedi fallen order i think

cormack12

Gold Member
Why does it feel like the OP is trying to dissuade people from liking this game. Who posts videos railing on a game in an OT. Especially considering its a game designed for entry level players.

Why does it feel like you confused OP with another poster? 😀

nosseman

3 hours?

I dont know - how long did it take me to "beat" Diablo 3? Not that much longer (beat = beat diablo on normal difficulty)

Someone would should double check the length to complete MD. I read somewhere it was over 7 hours and that wasn’t including the different difficulty levels.

GamesAreFun

Banned
Does the game not have a physical release? I can't find it anywhere in the UK. Surprised by that, considering the popularity of the franchise.

Sounds good to me; short length and simpler mechanics than Diablo are both positives for my personal taste.

Does the game not have a physical release? I can't find it anywhere in the UK. Surprised by that, considering the popularity of the franchise.

Sounds good to me; short length and simpler mechanics than Diablo are both positives for my personal taste.
It was posted here that it's a faily small project made by 3 Mojang guys in their off time. Might not be physical release material. Especially given that most of the target audience are digital natives anyway.

However I assume they will push for that once the sales numbers are good.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Fucking hell, still 2.5 hours away from launch and I’m starting to fade. I have to work in the morning. What a terrible launch time.

I don’t know why I’m trying to wait up for it.

Kagey K

Banned
I don't think it's a coincidence that this game is being released without much content, in the middle of an Xbox game draught. If you are looking at a multiplatform release then now is a terrible time considering both PS4 and Switch have massive games releasing the same time.
So it’s not a multiplatform game? Released at 19.99?

Because you say so, it just more Gamepass fodder for the same reasons?

I guess every other indie game or multiplatform game must succumb to the same scrutiny.

Theres too much for me to unpack here.

Roberts

Played it for half an hour or so. This is the ultimate relaxation game - something to get your mind off whatever is bothering you atm. Will definitely continue and finish it to see whether there is enough endgame content to keep on playing.

This game is buggy as fuck.

I've seen enemies falling out the world, bosses get stuck due to AI path-finding, I've even clipped outside of the map on occasion and had to restart a level from scratch.

Tried playing on the PC version to see if that was any better, and I guess they never even tested it with mouse controls as they haven't incorporated any sort of click-occlusion, so if you click on something you are supposed to walk under, they think you are instructing the AI to path-find you on top of an (unreachable) archway which makes them go all weird and head off in a random direction.

Still going to stand by my statement that this was never intended to be a $20 game, I feel like they had to get this out the door to fill out a quiet gamepass month and were just like "meh, we'll just make it cheap". I've played early access titles with more polish and content than this.

Visually it looks clean as fuck, I'll give it that.

Anyhow, curious what other folks will make of it - reviews seem pretty positive overall. Maybe I missed all the prior communication that it wasn't going to be an epic AAA title so had unreasonable expectations.

I literally just booted it up like 15 minutes ago, running through the first area now.

Can you get enhcantment points back? Like, this first enchantment point I used on a sword I probably will outlevel in 5 minutes, can I get that point back?

edit

I see, you just salvage the old gear

Last edited:

quickwhips

Great OP. My 4 year old and I beat the first teo levels in couch coop. Got some gear and enchanted a few items. We only collected 63% of the chest but 93% of the enemies on level two. He really likes the game and i like it also. This is normal difficulty.

Demojay13

Played the first 3 levels couch co-op with 2 children all enjoying it so far. Being able to salvage items at anytime make it so much easier to manage items.

Darth

My kid is having issues on o his Acer Helios 2019 model. Is this a known issue and are there no picture is this a known issue and are there known fixes?

nemiroff

Gold Member
I and my five year old really enjoyed playing it today. I like the game, he loves it..

Last edited:
Top Bottom