• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kottila

ahoyhoy said:
I keep losing my iron to those damn green creepers at night. I need to stop going out a night.

I had to put it on peaceful while going into the caves due to my terrible abilities. Now I'm probably 60 squares underground in a massive cavesystem and completely lost. This game is not for those of us with no directional awareness

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
kottila said:
I had to put it on peaceful while going into the caves due to my terrible abilities. Now I'm probably 60 squares underground in a massive cavesystem and completely lost. This game is not for those of us with no directional awareness

I'm actually pretty decent with navigating, it's just, without sound, I can't hear those fuckers when I'm trying to chop down trees or build a tunnel from mine to mine.

Haunted

I think someone posted the resources folder containing the sound files a couple pages back. Download that and put it in your Minecraft folder to play with sound.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Blu_LED said:
I just bought it, and re-downloaded the game, and there's still no sound, and I still can't play the tutorial. Can anyone help?
Sound will be back tonight.

Sciz

739956 registered users, of which 196585 (26.56%) have bought the game.

In the last 24 hours, 43814 people registered, and 20029 people bought the game.
Just keeps climbing.

And there is no tutorial mode yet, the button is a placeholder.

randomwab

So after using diamond tools for the first time, I honestly can't play without them. It makes everything so easy, and the thought of taking on any size project in the world without a diamond tool makes me sad. I decided to find a place where I had found a couple blocks of diamond, and start digging down until I hit bed rock. Only problem was, I dug down into lava.

So I burn to death, and spawn way far away. My first priority is to go get my stuff, as I had a ton of iron on me as well as around 500 planks of woods. It takes me a while to get back to my house, then finding my way through the caves and then from there, to the right location. Once I get there, I find a skeleton right where I had been digging. He takes about three quarters of my health, but I'm able to push him into the hole, and he burns to death.

Then I notice that this hole was a lot deeper than I had realized, and I don't have anything to make my way down. So, I hope for the best, dig down a few blocks and jump.

Dead. By the time I got back, all my resources were gone. :lol

Don't even know where to start for new tools and everything now. God damn you, Minecraft.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
20k.jpg

Vorador

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
I'm actually pretty decent with navigating, it's just, without sound, I can't hear those fuckers when I'm trying to chop down trees or build a tunnel from mine to mine.

When the sound comes back it will become a survival horror. Trust me :lol

Ugh, I'm going through withdrawals here waiting for this sound to come back. I want to keep playing, but not without sound.

So, now that I bought the game, and gave this man the money that he deserves, what did I gain from the "free" version? Also, can someone explain what's the difference between Classic and Alpha?

Sciz

Blu_LED said:
What did I gain from the "free" version?
Experience with the paid version that would otherwise have been unavailable.

Blu_LED said:
Also, can someone explain what's the difference between Classic and Alpha?
Classic is the old version that revolves entirely around building things with blocks. There is no gameplay to speak of.

Alpha is the version you've been playing.

Twig

Banned
Yaweee said:
Looks like I won't be buying the game for a while. Paypal is still the only option to buy it?
uh i'm pretty sure it hasn't been the only option for ages

at least there were people IN THIS THREAD showing people how to buy without paypal weeks ago

Hey guys, maybe someone can help me with this problem:

I have like some strange white ugly borders around the objects, you can see it well above the fires, but it also appears surrounding other things.
Does someone know how to ger rid of them?

ip17H.jpg

XU84t.jpg

I have downloaded again the exe, but it stills stays the same.

I think gaming journalism has kind of dropped the ball on this game. A few write-ups on blogs here and there, a series on Rock Paper Scissors, but not much more... Why is that? Minecraft is now getting friggin huge by a word-of-mouth, community-driven effort.

owlbeak

SpacePirate Ridley said:

I have like some strange white ugly borders around the objects, you can see it well above the fires, but it also appears surrounding other things.

http://imgur.com/ip17H.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://imgur.com/XU84t.jpg[IMG]

I have downloaded again the exe, but it stills stays the same.[/QUOTE]I had the same problem. Luckily, I found the solution! Turn off Anti-Aliasing in your graphics card options, or set it to application controlled. Problem Solved! :D

Twig

Banned
perryfarrell said:
I think gaming journalism has kind of dropped the ball on this game. A few write-ups on blogs here and there, a series on Rock Paper Scissors, but not much more... Why is that? Minecraft is now getting friggin huge by a word-of-mouth, community-driven effort.
PC.

Also, PC indie.

Also also, PC indie not on Steam (yet).

Actually, I've seen a post on 1Up! ...!

SpacePirate Ridley said:

ip17H.jpg

XU84t.jpg

I have downloaded again the exe, but it stills stays the same.
report the bug. Also I see pople talking about this game everywhere

Does anyone know if there are custom servers or server wrappers that allow you to take damage in SMP yet? I'd love for the game to actually play properly in multiplayer.

Yaweee

perryfarrell said:

Doing a news search for Minecraft gives an absolute shit ton of articles, even some reviews of what is supposedly only an Alpha version.

owlbeak

This game is no fun without sound! I keep getting killed by fucking creepers. I lost so much loot in the depths of a cave system...I tried forever to find my way back and couldn't. >:[

Also...

perryfarrell said:
^ it's not a bug. The white borders appear when your 'cursor' is aiming at a location. It's useful when you're placing blocks etc.
False.

Again, turn off anti-aliasing. Problem will go away. I had the same issue.

Rainier

Yaweee said:
Looks like I won't be buying the game for a while. Paypal is still the only option to buy it?
I paid by VISA.

Scotch said:
You can play with sound right now, but you need to be offline. Unplug your ethernet cable or disable your network connection. If you downloaded the game over the free weekend and you don't have the sound files, get them here: http://www.worldofminecraft.com/node/9216. Tried it just now and it works.
Thanks! :D

Edit: Bah, just bought the game, now no sound no matter what. Guess I'll wait for it to be fixed later tonight. And by wait, I mean play anyways.

Anyone else putting Civ V on hold?

Yaweee

Rainier said:
I paid by VISA.

Ah, it looks like I can pay with a credit card, but it is still handled through Paypal? I might do that, but with how horrible Paypal is worth customer service and resolving complaints, I'm really not sure if I want to give them my credit card info.

watch that stream guys its the most insane map i have ever seen
he did a boatride that took about 5 min with a lava tornado and shit he has a HUGE HUGE world he says the save file is 28 MB o.0

maniac-kun said:
i did a boatride that took about 5 min with a lava tornado and shit he has a HUGE HUGE world he says the save file is 28 MB o.0

hes filling in water

boooooooooring

th3dude

maniac-kun said:
he did a boatride that took about 5 min with a lava tornado and shit he has a HUGE HUGE world he says the save file is 28 MB o.0

Come sail away, come sail away with me....

Insane map :lol :lol

Sciz

Sciz said:
739956 registered users, of which 196585 (26.56%) have bought the game.

In the last 24 hours, 43814 people registered, and 20029 people bought the game.
As of right now:
745625 registered users, of which 198882 (26.67%) have bought the game.

In the last 24 hours, 49489 people registered, and 22328 people bought the game.
It's climbing at over 1k users per hour and will be over 200k total shortly.

As much as it's awesome that Minecraft is selling extremely well, does anyone hear just not really care about sales figures? That seems to be the biggest talking point the past couple weeks.

Vinci

Danish
VGChampion said:
As much as it's awesome that Minecraft is selling extremely well, does anyone hear just not really care about sales figures? That seems to be the biggest talking point the past couple weeks.

Well, we've all pretty much said everything we can come up with regarding the game itself. It's awesome and we love it. The sales are honestly pretty damned amazing, so they're taking precedence over more status quo conversation.

Haunted

VGChampion said:
You'll be hearing more content discussion once the next update hits, definitely.

Actually, the best part about buying Minecraft is that I can now anticipate Friday Updates as feverishly as everyone else. :p

I was able to make a purchase this afternoon. I didn't know I could pay for this without creating a PayPal account, but I still had to pay through them, and like usual with them, I got a call from my CC issuer if I was aware of the charges trying to be made. Glad to have it. I may get some playing time in tonight WITH sound!

Vinci

Danish
Haunted said:
You'll be hearing more content discussion once the next update hits, definitely.

Actually, the best part about buying Minecraft is that I can now anticipate Friday Updates as feverishly as everyone else. :p

It's like having the latest episode of a TV show that you really love to look forward to.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Vinci said:
It's like having the latest episode of a TV show that you really love to look forward to.
I heard that Skeleton kicked Zombie out of the house, so now he's going to come and live with the player for a few weeks and be a humorously bad roommate before everything reverts to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom