• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinko Marx said:
http://imgur.com/WQXn3.png

Save as moon.jpg and place it in Minecraft>Terrain
Edit: Actually nvm, since I play on mac its different from how to do it on windows.

Well at least I got the file, I may be able to find how myself! Thanks for that ;)

It's time to get some Majora love in Minecraft.

edit : got it to work in Windows by modifying the .jar file. Look cool for 50% of the night, but the other half, the moon's upside down ;_;

Ramma2 said:
God damn, boy.

I'd like to do some explosion mining sometime. It would be much more efficient, and also much more deadly. I can imagine a scenario in which I blow the ceiling out from above and a river of lava fills the entire mine.

And speaking of mines, it's time to get back into the one near my pond to hunt for one more piece of diamond so I can make a diamond pickaxe.

Vlad

Drewsky said:
Anyone else noticed more framerate snags with this latest update?

I've noticed that the framerate gets a little choppy the first time I go in any area after loading the world, but otherwise it seems about the same.

I have just stumbled upon my first dungeon with two chests in it. Is the flaming cage in the middle the monster spawn? I want to destroy the demons' portal, but it won't let me. I'm not going to have a heart attack trying to sort through these chests and have Mr. Explode spawn right in front of me.

And I love my diamond pickaxe!

Twig

Banned
goldsoundz said:
I have just stumbled upon my first dungeon with two chests in it. Is the flaming cage in the middle the monster spawn? I want to destroy the demons' portal, but it won't let me. I'm not going to have a heart attack trying to sort through these chests and have Mr. Explode spawn right in front of me.

There are no creeper spawners.

I think you use the pick to destroy spawners, but I'm not... sure. I've never tried. I only made a zombie zoo out of mine. U:

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Twig said:
There are no creeper spawners.

I think you use the pick to destroy spawners, but I'm not... sure. I've never tried. I only made a zombie zoo out of mine. U:
Yes, you can.

:(

NewFresh

After 3 hrs of digging and finally stumbling onto a cavern full of gold and diamonds, I fall into a hole that is an abyss, I begin to fall into nothingness. I try to quit and save just before I die but it is too late. I lost it all

Time to start digging again

Blizzard

Banned
roman2k said:
Since the last update my character is constantly walking or jumping even if I'm not pressing any keys. If I pause the game and go back it's fine at first but after a few seconds I've got the same problem. Happens in every level. And I've already downloaded the newest Minecraft.exe. Any ideas?

EDIT: My keyboard is fine, too.
That's really odd. I don't really have an idea. :/ Have you tried updating Java maybe?

EmmanuelMunoz said:
After 3 hrs of digging and finally stumbling onto a cavern full of gold and diamonds, I fall into a hole that is an abyss, I begin to fall into nothingness. I try to quit and save just before I die but it is too late. I lost it all

Time to start digging again
Yeah, if you're around bedrock be careful since apparently there are some bugs that make holes into nothingness.

As for framerate issues, I think mine was a little worse than usual the other day when I tried it, but I'm not sure. You can always try turning down the view distance temporarily I guess.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
goldsoundz said:

Dig around the dungeon, pop a hole behind the chest, profit.

Also, build a cage, a water trap on the bottom of the dungeon, sit around and get free shit (silk from spiders, arrows from skeletons, feathers from zombies).

Since the last update my character is constantly walking or jumping even if I'm not pressing any keys. If I pause the game and go back it's fine at first but after a few seconds I've got the same problem. Happens in every level. And I've already downloaded the newest Minecraft.exe. Any ideas?
I know that if you press a key (for instance, back) and quickly open the inventory or a chest/workbench (i don't remember), you'll be walking backwards even if you leave the inventory/chest/workbench screen. You have to press back again for it to stop working.

It might have something to do with pressing the right button on the mouse at the same time, i don't quite remember.

Haunted

drizzle said:
Also, build a cage, a water trap on the bottom of the dungeon, sit around and get free shit (silk from spiders, arrows from skeletons, feathers from zombies).
what does this mean

I hope people don't mind me asking all those stupid questions. >_> The water mechanics of this game continue to confuse and bedazzle me.

Just had my first death deep inside of a mine without recovering my items in time. Fuck. I found a ton of gold on that run, and I lost my precious diamond pickaxe. 8(

HildyB

So I left my hovel today once daylight came to dud an armless zombie cactus looking thing smoking and running at me. I struck it with my sword and the next thing I knew I was tossed into the ocean by a massive force. Walked back to find a hole where my hut was. Were these monsters always here?

Not again. I was going back to the formation where I had died, and lost all of my shit earlier, when I was strafing to the right alongside this new pond I found when I fell down a 1000ft shaft and immediately died. I built tons of iron tools, weapons, armor, everything. I've made it back to the bottom where I was greeted by four zombies, which I disposed of easily.

This game is turning against me. Here's a pic of the drop. I haven't touched a single rock. I had to Mirror's Edge my way back down here to get my items.

1zn4nd2.jpg

Bison11

After spending a ton of time mining and building some cool shit in my one map, I started a new map at my friends house, and its the best. I spawn pretty much on top of this sweet ass cave with coal everywhere and iron right near the surface. So I go way deep in this shit and i find something amazing. A DIAMOND. After about an hour I find it. I was pissed, but also very delighted. But, I cant really spend any time on this map because its at my friends house.

Razorskin

----- ------
Helmholtz said:
A lot of the time when a greeting screen with one of the civ leaders comes up my screen like freezes for a few seconds before I can click anything. Anyone else having this problem?

Nope, hasn't happened to me yet. Haven't encountered any civ leaders in this game. :p

Again. I died again, and this time I have no fucking clue where I was. Just lost weapons and armor and a few raw iron ore blocks, still sucks though. Think I'll get to work on building a new structure for a while.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
HildyB said:
So I left my hovel today once daylight came to dud an armless zombie cactus looking thing smoking and running at me. I struck it with my sword and the next thing I knew I was tossed into the ocean by a massive force. Walked back to find a hole where my hut was. Were these monsters always here?
Haha, yeah, they've been around for a while. You just met your first Creeper.

Haunted

HildyB said:
GBsKb.png

Haunted

goldsoundz said:
Again. I died again, and this time I have no fucking clue where I was. Just lost weapons and armor and a few raw iron ore blocks, still sucks though. Think I'll get to work on building a new structure for a while.
I feel you man, it's terrible to just lose all of your important items. Diamond tools, rare ores. fuck, it hurts so much. I really want to know when the loot disappears so I can set a stop watch or something, make the rush back to the place I died a race with a clear time limit.

goldsoundz said:
This game is turning against me. Here's a pic of the drop. I haven't touched a single rock. I had to Mirror's Edge my way back down here to get my items.
Couldn't you just have dug down straight next to the hole?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
goldsoundz said:
Just lost weapons and armor and a few raw iron ore blocks, still sucks though. Think I'll get to work on building a new structure for a while.
Don't travel with all your iron made tools. Stash some iron ore on a chest somewhere and travel light. I do most of my exploring with Stone Tools, because shit is readily available. Also, build a compass. A little easier to figure out where you are.

But most of your problems can be fixed by traveling light and stacking shit in a chest somewhere.

Haunted said:
It doesn't drop anything good
That's a lie, it drops gunpowder, which you can mix with sand and make sweet tnt.

Couldn't you just have dug down straight next to the hole?
You really shouldn't dig straight down in MineCraft. Make, at leat, a 2x1 hole. Better yet, make a 3x3 hole and dig in a circular pattern (creating steps).

Mining straight down in minecraft is a death sentence. You can reach the top of a cave and plummeth to your death, find the opt of a dungeon and be raped by monsters, find a lava branch and burn to death... all kinds of bad things.

Haunted

drizzle said:
That's a lie, it drops gunpowder, which you can mix with sand and make sweet tnt.
Makes for a hilarious line, though! :lol
I didn't make that pic.

drizzle said:
You really shouldn't dig straight down in MineCraft. Make, at leat, a 2x1 hole. Better yet, make a 3x3 hole and dig in a circular pattern (creating steps).

Mining straight down in minecraft is a death sentence. You can reach the top of a cave and plummeth to your death, find the opt of a dungeon and be raped by monsters, find a lava branch and burn to death... all kinds of bad things.
Agreed, BUT he knew of the drop, had a clear goal of where to go (bottom) and limited time available to get his stuff back.

goldsoundz said:
I went back with nothing but my bare hands, then picked up my stuff at the bottom.
That's one hardcore miner. :lol I always make at least one sword and one pickaxe before heading back to my loot. You never know what kind of shit'll await you there! :D

But you were successful anyway, so eh.

wwm0nkey

Damn this game, I keep on discovering giant caverns with in other giant caverns when I mine and I have to explore all of those too, this game likes to eat my time :lol

randomwab

I haven't played Minecraft today thanks to Dead Rising 2 and some other stuff. However, I'd keep getting thoughts about what I wanted to do with my tower of awesome and caves below throughout the day.

I think I might be having withdrawls. :|

Vlad

drizzle said:
Don't travel with all your iron made tools. Stash some iron ore on a chest somewhere and travel light. I do most of my exploring with Stone Tools, because shit is readily available. Also, build a compass. A little easier to figure out where you are.

But most of your problems can be fixed by traveling light and stacking shit in a chest somewhere.

I know that as I've played, I've found myself pulling a Zombieland and making this mental list of Rules For Surviving in Minecraft. 1. Never dig straight down, 1a. Never dig straight up. 2. Always bring wood into caves (for making chests, workbenches, signs, etc), 3. When you think you have enough torches, bring 64 more, and so on.

Most of these rules were born from one of my deaths and/or loss of a great deal of good loot, and it seems that whenever I get overconfident/sloppy and violate one of these rules, Minecraft is quick to heap cruel punishment upon my head.

I haven't played Minecraft today thanks to Dead Rising 2 and some other stuff. However, I'd keep getting thoughts about what I wanted to do with my tower of awesome and caves below throughout the day.

Tell me about it. Currently working on my own tower at the moment that I have no idea what to do with inside. Right now it's hollow except for the scaffolding necessary to make my way around the construction site quickly. I'm probably going to just leave it empty until later updates come up with more stuff I can do inside it.

The other nice thing is that since I'm making it out of obsidian, the construction is going so slowly that I have plenty of time to think about what to do inside it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Drewsky said:
Whats up with the fog in my game right now? Is this a normal thing? Never had it happen before.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk60/drewnl09/minecraft-1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You probably pressed "F" without knowing it. Just press it a few more times until the fog level is at the minimum, or change it in the options menu.

Looks like minecraft.net is messed up again? :\

I was having a lovely time too in the server too until windows update thought it would be a ridiculously awesome idea to restart the computer by itself on my server's new box. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom