• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainier

So I just spent 10 minutes running around TouchMyBox's server... crap are you people talented. So many cool things, but my favorite had to be the airplane crashing down.

thespot84

Vlad said:
Indeed. I can't wait until SMP gets a little more stable. I've tried playing it a few times, and it seems to always make Minecraft freeze/crash after about ten minutes for some strange reason.

your draw distance is likely too high. If it's at max, change it to normal, and give it another go...

Krelian

Can't login either.

I only bought the game yesterday, but man it's a lot of fun. Recently there's been some monsters spawning inside my cave though, I wonder how they got there. I did put torches almost everywhere, could it be that a little shade is enough for them to spawn? I don't think they came through one of the doors.

fresquito

Krelian said:
Can't login either.

I only bought the game yesterday, but man it's a lot of fun. Recently there's been some monsters spawning inside my cave though, I wonder how they got there. I did put torches almost everywhere, could it be that a little shade is enough for them to spawn? I don't think they came through one of the doors.
Is your cave totally sealed? Because if it's not sealed, they spawn in darkness and then come close.

Krelian

fresquito said:
Is your cave totally sealed? Because if it's not sealed, they spawn in darkness and then come close.
I think so. Aside from doors there shouldn't be any openings. There is one door leading inside an underground cavern with enemies and another leading to a deep tunnel, the enemies seem to have appeared near the door with the tunnel. I think I'll check to make sure it really is sealed.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
les papillons sexuels said:
then maybe make it so players can compete against one another for inventory? Then you can put bets down the winner...

Players can't hurt each other either.

Just spent a huge chunk of time today building a tower in the side of a mountain for my new world.

I don't know why I done it.

4LVgj.png

Willectro

Banned
I finally caved and bought this game today. I looked at the clock and I had lost 5 hours. You pretty much can do everything and nothing in this game. It's crazy like that. :lol

Althane

*blink*

I bought this at... ten? Ish?

It's now 3:40.

AM.

Yeah.

On the bright side, house 1 is more or less done, and I'm buildling House 2 (actually a tower near House 1). Haven't managed to find anything above Iron, although I've been lucky enough to have enough coal found to last a substantial amount of digging.

Finally made a sword so I could kill the zombies.

I think I did better when I had a fist. I'm not too good at the combat.

ZealousD

Althane said:
I'm not too good at the combat.

Nobody is. It's screwy and janky.

Basically, there's a lot of things that suck about this game. But it scratches a unique itch so well that people look past all of it.

JoeyX

Neo Member
ZealousD said:
Nobody is. It's screwy and janky.

Pretty much. Someone could argue otherwise but why waste..... well not breathe but key inputs I suppose.

I'd say Creepers are the easiest to kill as they have to main approaches.

Arrows.
Letting it close enough to you before it hisses and hit it.

Yeah, they usually see YOU first, but they don't attack till they explode. A good player will always hit them first. Letting Zombies too close lets them hit you, Skeletons are annoying with arrows and Spiders jump too erratically.

***And to add***

The poo thing about TNT is it crashes servers when you place over 4000 blocks.

Started working on turning my little island shelter into a big island fortress. The wall is mostly built, but I still need to add a door and fix some patches in the floor. It feels good to have some room to wander safely at night.

I've also begun work on an undersea glass tunnel to the mainland. It's slow going, but now that I've learned how to empty the water, I know it's at least possible.

SappYoda

Oh shit, ma torches!!

Edit:

Judderman said:
Is it bad that the first thing I thought to myself was "Oh god I need to replace all my torches."?

I think that is going to be the first thing minecraft players bitch about :lol

Twig

Banned
I have read (though have no confirmation of the source's credibility, or even memory of where I read it) that the torches you have already placed will become lanterns, so that you won't suddenly have a completely dark Everything.

But on the other hand, alpha, so who knows. U:

The watch is going to be totally kickass. Hell, the whole update will be kickass. I am psyched. It will be ready only a short week after I get back from my honeymoon :D

Judderman said:
Is it bad that the first thing I thought to myself was "Oh god I need to replace all my torches."?
you may not: this idea has been circulating for a while and there is a chance that all existing torches placed in the world may get changed to lanterns when the update drops. dont know if notch ever publically made up his mind either way.

Tiktaalik

Nice!!! a watch.

Hopefully lanterns aren't too arduous to craft. If we have to use iron I think that'd be a mistake.

I do like the idea in general about short term torches that go out. For example when you've just discovered a cavern and you want to dive in right away that should give you pause.

Dunlop

Rainier said:
crap are you people talented.

I had about 30 mins of playtime after purchasing MT when a WOW buddy got me to play on his server and planted me in an area to make my first "home"

I was all proud of my creation (pretty much a couple of rooms, windows in some spots on the cliffside leading all the way to the top).

After he ported my to his city (yes city) which he and others have been contributing, which was insanely beautiful and had en antire underground city to boot.

Now I realize I am the crazy person that lives in a cave...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
HATS!

can't wait to see the fast travel dimension and the new monsters.

EDIT: For some reason I read "totally useless helmets" as "hats" :lol

ZealousD

Judderman said:

No, that was my first thought too. This update seems like a headache to mining for me. The combination of torches going out, harder monsters, and the need to make lower areas brighter means less going down deep into the ground, which means getting fewer minerals and less exploration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom