• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willectro

Banned
N-Bomb said:
We're looking for another 1-3 people for our MC server. Please let me know if you're interested. We do daily backups, have a good spirit, and don't allow griefing :)

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for it, I'm a bit out of touch!

I'd be interested.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
That's another thing that doesn't make sense really; obsidian is useless, yet takes forever to mine... Maybe in multiplayer it will make more sense.

I can't for multiplayer with monsters! Working together to find monster spawners, defending against enemies, building farms, etc.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Bootaaay said:
It's creeper proof, that's about it's only use.
Mhm, my brother his house into the side of a cliff, so he dug a pit down from the surface, lined it with obsidian and some glass windows, and created a series of doors that opened and closed with redstone. He called it his monster trap.

"Scary Dimension"
qKG0o.jpg

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Whoa...

Would love for him to go for a horror vibe for this dimension. Maybe creepers actually stalking you and not directly attacking you right away. Either way ill probably shit bricks when i enter Hell dimension.

That looks magnificent!

I wonder if this is where the Zombies, Skeletons and Creepers come from? Could be a pretty interesting mechanic if you could only go there safely at night (when the monsters are invading in the real world) and if you try to enter during the day, you quickly get overwhelmed and murdered.

As the sun rises in the "good" world, and the monsters' bodies self-destruct, their dark souls should reappear in the Hell dimension.

Also, maybe if you spend too long there you become a zombie yourself, and if you return to the real world without curing yourself, daylight sets you on fire?

Loads of possibilities!

ksimm

This game reminds me of the books by Peter Brett 'The Painted Man' where creatures rise from the ground in the dark. I want to paint ward posts around my house to keep the bad guys out!

I've just realised something vitally missing from this game. When you plummet to your death, there's no squish sound.

When low on health, my ritual is to put all my treasures into a chest, climb to the highest point of my castle and jump to my death. I respawn, yeah, but I'd like a squish sound for a falling death please.

MNC

Mama Robotnik said:
I've just realised something vitally missing from this game. When you plummet to your death, there's no squish sound.

When low on health, my ritual is to put all my treasures into a chest, climb to the highest point of my castle and jump to my death. I respawn, yeah, but I'd like a squish sound for a falling death please.
New sounds have a bone crack.

Haunted

Looks scary.

Except there's easy lava everywhere. Score!

Mama Robotnik said:

I'd like a way to regain my health without using consumables...or, you know, suicide. I totally want a bed in my house. :(

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
My wife and I both play, but on two different systems. Using Dropbox, can I move my save over to her laptop, WITHOUT overwriting hers?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
WanderingWind said:
My wife and I both play, but on two different systems. Using Dropbox, can I move my save over to her laptop, WITHOUT overwriting hers?
You can make your server "World 1" and hers "World 2" in both systems - that way, one won't overwrite the other.

Rubius

shadowcomplex said:
can i farm indoors?
In caverns or in secure area?
Because I made a Glass cover to my farm area so I can farm without creepers falling on my head or skelly shooting at me from the side.
But yes, you can underground. You need a level of light of 5. So ALOT of torches or Lava blocks in glass to act as Suns. And dont forget that you need water , and that Water only affect 4 tile around it.

Rubius

TheExecutive said:
So this game is officially one of my favorite games of all time. I am scared to even guess at the amount of time spent in Minecraft.
Yeah its pretty much a MMO, without the annoying Quest or the annoying Mob farming part.
Its "You can do everything!" and its not even in Beta. He want to add Goblins villages, alot of more mobs, Dragons in Caverns with Treasure Chests, Fish, Sharks, Prefix monsters like "Fire Creeper" or "Invisible Spider"
Damn.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Rubius said:
In caverns or in secure area?
Because I made a Glass cover to my farm area so I can farm without creepers falling on my head or skelly shooting at me from the side.
But yes, you can underground. You need a level of light of 5. So ALOT of torches or Lava blocks in glass to act as Suns. And dont forget that you need water , and that Water only affect 4 tile around it.
well i was planing to make my farm in the sky:lol :lol

edit:

Rubius said:
Yeah its pretty much a MMO, without the annoying Quest or the annoying Mob farming part.
Its "You can do everything!" and its not even in Beta. He wants to add Goblins villages, alot of more mobs, Dragons in Caverns with Treasure Chests, Fish, Sharks, Prefix monsters like "Fire Creeper" or "Invisible Spider"
Damn.

Any word on if the monsters will attack the animals? That's something I always expected to see.

I want to see the animals expanded come to think of it.

Two pigs could spawn a baby pig, and you can create grazing land and feed them, safely walled off from the monsters. With a family of pigs you could have a functional animal farm, and that'd be awesome.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel like the most obvious thing would be to make pigs steerable, and able to gallop at lightspeed. Then saddles would actually be useful. Oh, and you should be able to take a saddle off a pig (potentially killing the pig if you have to).

I think Notch twitter'd that he would add dogs to howl at the moon or something, but you never know when to trust the twitterz.

Suairyu

Banned
Blizzard said:
I feel like the most obvious thing would be to make pigs steerable, and able to gallop at lightspeed. Then saddles would actually be useful. Oh, and you should be able to take a saddle off a pig (potentially killing the pig if you have to).
Someone's been reading Bored Of The Rings!

"A clearer look at Minecraft’s new hell dimension"

PC Gamer said:
Minecraft creator Notch just put up a shot of the forthcoming Halloween Update on his blog, showing the new Hell environment. It’s an alternate dimension you can switch to for fast travel: a few steps in this world translate to a few miles in the other when you switch back. The shot he put up is pretty dark, so here’s a brighter version that shows the huge, cavernous shape of this new area better.

There’s some kind of sand-coloured substance – possibly sand – in the upper left corner. Notch says he’s adding at least five new material types in the update, one of which is presumably the reddish igneous rock here, and the yellow stuff may be something more valuable. If it were sand, after all, it ought to be falling from there.
I didn't know that (in bold).

WanderingWind

I know this came out in 2009, but I've spent more time on this 13 dollar "niche" (lol) game than anything else this year, by far.

Suairyu

Banned
ashbash159 said:
Yeah. Unless we're able to re-align the compass bearing ourself then I'm going to get so lost. Might have to start building 50-block-high glass towers filled with lava to act as waypoints.

Jasoco

Banned
On Obsidian, I'm only doing it for fun so i don't care about the time. I feel obsidian just looks good right now. Hopefully it'll get a real use in the future.

Are those new Halloween blocks going to be permanent

Haunted

5 new block types... one is that haunted wall of faces thing he posted earlier, one this reddish rock that's apparently hell dimension's equivalent to stone, and a third yellowish one in the upper left of that pic. Almost looks like some sort of growth or tumor there, yuck.

That leaves two we know nothing about. :eek:

ashbash159 said:
It's in the Halloween update picture.

Oyashiro

Just bought this. After all the stories I've heard, I just couldn't resist. Even though I'm a broke college student with no time on my hands... I'm still gonna sink a couple hours into it. :D

I'm really lost right now, but I just noticed the nice detailed guide in the OP and I will see if that helps me get going.

WanderingWind

Oyashiro said:
Just bought this. After all the stories I've heard, I just couldn't resist. Even though I'm a broke college student with no time on my hands... I'm still gonna sink a couple hours into it. :D

I'm really lost right now, but I just noticed the nice detailed guide in the OP and I will see if that helps me get going.

LOL. See you at the intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom