• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adventurers! Come try the game minecraft "obsco" reviewers are raving about.

Horsebite said : "I tried Pillowknight's obstacle course and all I got was a broken keyboard and a hangover."

and later; "I was molested by a cloud while trying Pillowknight's obstacle course."

Artistdude88 emoted: "I finished the course and Pillowknight bought me two hookers and a pie."

ONLY at Pillowknight's abode located at :
obstacle.jpg

(Take a left at Colussus and follow the path.)

Oh, and don't forget to read the rules!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
bytesized said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I want to do that!
volunteer at new moeland construction then, im clearing out an area just like that on touchmyboxes server for a free construction zone.

Blizzard

Banned
PillowKnight said:

Horsebite said : "I tried Pillowknight's obstacle course and all I got was a broken keyboard and a hangover."

and later; "I was molested by a cloud while trying Pillowknight's obstacle course."

Artistdude88 emoted: "I finished the course and Pillowknight bought me two hookers and a pie."

"It will make you wish you had permission to use '!time day'!"

"It will make you wish there was a way to turn off clouds!" (maybe non-fancy graphics?)

"It will make you feel like night lasts 20 minutes and day lasts 5 minutes!"

"PillowKnight will teleport to you while you are doing the course and you will fall 75 feet to your death due to his nudging you!"

Oh, and don't forget the best, "PillowKnight will tell you he made a mistake on the course and you did it wrong, and fix the shortcut you just took" or "PillowKnight will say hey, that hole you just fell in, I should change it to be a 'restart-the-whole-course hole"!

:lol :lol

I found 3/4 endings with help from PillowKnight. I am not sure how to do the final jump but it is a lot of work to get there. I got there three times and failed. :(

asa

hey, anyone know whats going on with my mac version? I downloaded the app and added it into app folder, but if I try to run it, nothing happens. I Googled the problem and found that Mac might be restricting the app from starting. how do i get it working? I have the latest java.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Haunted said:
Isn't the portal 2x1 spaces?
in the pcgamer pic yea, but im hoping its not that limited.

in any event, im 1 diamond short from another pick and i already have more than enough obsidian for a 2x1.

edit:
the portal connects to my halloween proof mountain fortress that i started during the downtime:
CVoNQ.jpg

4UCGB.jpg

jbapB.jpg

kennah

PillowKnight said:

kennah said : "I hate you, I can't even make the first set of jumps"

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
6isP9.jpg

Znzji.jpg

Stargate is built so the sun and moon set in the centre of it, 2nd image is the DHD, when red dust works in SMP we're gonna set it up so the switches light it up.. and by light it up i mean.. I'm thinking of turning the entire thing into obsidian.. so if portals can be bigger than door way sized... this is going to become a stargate to hell.

owlbeak

Stitch said:
Are these resized/upscaled? Because Doku's Textures are only 32x32
Yeah, with the HD texture fix community patch. I set it to 64x64, so I'm assuming...it might just be 32x32. I don't know! :O

gotee12

This game needs a gps. I've got a compass but that doesn't help much when the compound is nowhere near my spawn point. Guess I'll start dropping "breadcrumbs" next time I go out exploring! :lol

kennah said:
kennah said : "I hate you, I can't even make the first set of jumps"

randomwab said:
I just fell from the ladder block area at pillowknight's EVIL game back down to the start.

God damn.
Thanks for playing!

So far, not a single person has finished the hard course. If someone did, don't forget to put three stars(***) next to your name!

I hope all of these cool portal to hell ideas work, but the only indication we have right now is that it has to be a basic frame of obsidian with a 2x3 opening. Dunno if anything else will work.

In SMP, is it possible to set separate player spawn points by player name? I'm gonna start a new world with some friends come next weekend, and it'd be nice if everyone could have their own spawn point, reasonably spaced apart.

HappyBivouac said:
I hope all of these cool portal to hell ideas work, but the only indication we have right now is that it has to be a basic frame of obsidian with a 2x3 opening. Dunno if anything else will work.

In SMP, is it possible to set separate player spawn points by player name? I'm gonna start a new world with some friends come next weekend, and it'd be nice if everyone could have their own spawn point, reasonably spaced apart.

He stated that hes gunna add support for custom hell portals sometime after the update. Or has at least expressed interest in doing it.

The more I read your posts the less I get this game. What is this shit about servers, games, portals...? I thought I was supposed to be alone in this game! :lol

touchmybox's server keeps getting messed up.

It says:
Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Just restarted my computer and it didn't help.
Just used CCleaner and it didn't help.
Just deleted Minecraft and redownloaded it and it didn't help.
Done some research and apparently it's a problem with the server and not me because I can connect to other servers.

PLEASE HELP.

I almost done the obstacle course too!

Jasoco

Banned
glennw said:
The game just deleted a 20 by 20 square column of my world :(

Is there anyway to roll back a save?
Only if you have a backup.

If you're on Windows 7, there's a "previous versions" feature. And OS X has Time Machine. But both have to be enabled and setup to backup the save folder. Check into it. Find your Save folder and see if there's a backup of that world.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ashbash159 said:

It says:
Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset!

Pillowknight really went all out with his obstacle course.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
gotee12 said:
This game needs a gps. I've got a compass but that doesn't help much when the compound is nowhere near my spawn point. Guess I'll start dropping "breadcrumbs" next time I go out exploring! :lol

Just build landmarks.

I usually build a vertical stone beam of which the top points in the direction of my house.

You also have the sun telling you where is N/E/S/W

gotee12 said:
Also the clouds flow northerly if that helps.

NOOB QUESTION ALERT!

Ok, so I just died because I fell into a pit and some green dude exploded in my face. Now I lost all items. Is there a way to avoid this happening again?

Also, I don't know why but just before dying I noticed I could not place any more fire lanterns on the walls. Anyone know why could this be?

bytesized said:
NOOB QUESTION ALERT!

Ok, so I just died because I fell into a pit and some green dude exploded in my face. Now I lost all items. Is there a way to avoid this happening again?

Also, I don't know why but just before dying I noticed I could not place any more fire lanterns on the walls. Anyone know why could this be?
Holding down shift when moving near places where you may drop causes you to not be able to drop at the ledges of blocks. It's useful to have when placing bridges or stuff in mid-air.
As for the lantern issue, I don't know.

soultron

Banned
bytesized said:
NOOB QUESTION ALERT!

Creeper got you? They blow up when they hit you.

AFAIK, you have to make it back to the spot where you died to reclaim all of your items.

soultron said:
Creeper got you? They blow up when they hit you.

AFAIK, you have to make it back to the spot where you died to reclaim all of your items.

Then I guess I'm fucked because I died by falling into a pit with no chance of surviving :(

ARGH

ashbash159 said:

It says:
Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Just restarted my computer and it didn't help.
Just used CCleaner and it didn't help.
Just deleted Minecraft and redownloaded it and it didn't help.
Done some research and apparently it's a problem with the server and not me because I can connect to other servers.

PLEASE HELP.

I almost done the obstacle course too!

I guess the servers has gotten buggy and needs to be reset. However, as many of you know, TheSpot is currently hosting. May I suggest we all play transformice until he is able to restart it? ;)

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
ashbash159 said:
Holding down shift when moving near places where you may drop causes you to not be able to drop at the ledges of blocks. It's useful to have when placing bridges or stuff in mid-air.

I think it's a per-

Wait WHAT?! ...What?

The... the number of times I've fallen off of my mud bridge putting blocks on the edges of them...

*Cries*

SmokingBarrelX said:
maniac-kun, that is awesome. Looks wonderful. How much of the cavern did you hollow out? That is definitely the coolest part.
There was no cavern at all ._. All you need is TNT. LOTS OF TNT.

TouchMyBox said:
I guess the servers has gotten buggy and needs to be reset. However, as many of you know, TheSpot is currently hosting. May I suggest we all play transformice until he is able to restart it? ;)

What room are you guys playing transformice in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom