• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

SToRM

fresquito said:
I tried that texture pack but dropped it. It looks wonderfull in exteriors, but caves look like ass, because stone is almost white and all sense of beeing deep underground is broken.

Other than that, it looks fantastic.
There are some nice texture packs out there, but when I install them I always end up reverting back to normal.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
SToRM said:
There are some nice texture packs out there, but when I install them I always end up reverting back to normal.

I love the default textures. I tried a few packs and they are all nice but I just like the feel of the game with the defaults. Except for the glass. I made up my own little texture pack where only the glass is changed to a painterly glass texture. The default glass sucks balls and I can't stand it.

SToRM

I was thinking about doing the same. Glass and cobblestone are the only textures I would change. I tried changing the glass texture myself, but it looked even worse :lol
Combining default textures with another pack sounds like the perfect solution. I'll try that when I get home.

webrunner

Wake up people! Minecraft is a scam perpetrated by the Tigsource spammer illuminati!

Seriously though someone actually thinks this:
http://codergames.com/news/games/tigsource-monopoly-scam/
http://codergames.com/news/games/minecraft/
http://codergames.com/news/games/minecraft-2/

People are not stupid, they're capable of thinking on their own, they just need to free themselves from constant brainwashing, people just need to unplug, free their mind from the prison some very bad people (TIGsource and alike, illuminati, satanists, reptilians, luciferians, etc.) imposed onto them.

And this is him being reasonable after getting a deluge of email:
http://codergames.com/news/games/minecraft-3/
he opinions about Minecraft and the source of its amazing exposure are divided. We should not fight between each other, instead, we should all unite against the common enemy: the system of public opinion manipulation, information flow control. That system has been imposed onto us by some evil entities.

So tigsource is still an evil conspiracy, and minecraft may not be.

ckohler

I just started playing yesterday. Holy shit is this game addicting. You guys's creations are awesome. I only have a modest little stone house and a couple of caverns. I look forward to building greater things. This game is crazy fun.

ckohler said:
I just started playing yesterday. Holy shit is this game addicting. You guys's creations are awesome. I only have a modest little stone house and a couple of caverns. I look forward to building greater things. This game is crazy fun.
I started playing two days ago and I convinced a friend of mine to buy it as well. It's so awesome, especially in Multiplayer. It's actually pretty easy to host a server yourself. Digging is fun, especially when you find a big ass cavern with lava and shit. :)

Vespene

So when will Minecraft get a "release" date?

Even though the game is playable, there's enough untapped potential to drive even the most uncreative mind nuts. I think Notch should just take it easy on hiring artists and what not and focus on getting full time coders and net engineers on the job.

Could you imagine this shit running on Facebook with full friend's list multiplayer support? I mean, come on. It's free money. Fucking do it Notch.

Twig

Banned
GT Vespene said:
Could you imagine this shit running on Facebook with full friend's list multiplayer support? I mean, come on. It's free money. Fucking do it Notch.
Who in their right mind would want Facebook infesting Minecraft? God I am so sick of Facebook.

thespot84

as I posted in the multiplayer thread:

I'm changing the DNS that points to neoneogafland (touch's server) since the thread is now public and I don't want to deal with greifers. the current address will work until Friday, but PM me between now and then for the new DNS host.

kennah

Twig said:
Who in their right mind would want Facebook infesting Minecraft? God I am so sick of Facebook.
Hey you're back!

And yeah, Facebook integration would be pretty terrible. I do like playing on the GAF server though, pity it's so empty lately :( Those repopping blocks really are annoying.

RE SPOT: Yeah, new address would be great, since some jackass has already changed all the signs around the spawn to the alphabet.

thespot84

kennah said:
Hey you're back!

And yeah, Facebook integration would be pretty terrible. I do like playing on the GAF server though, pity it's so empty lately :( Those repopping blocks really are annoying.

RE SPOT: Yeah, new address would be great, since some jackass has already changed all the signs around the spawn to the alphabet.

Ah fuck it i'll just switch it now. PM me

Twig

Banned
kennah said:
Hey you're back!

I don't play on the GAF server anymore because biomes.

Fresh start would be best but people are too attached to the things they've made, I guess.

thespot84

Twig said:
I don't play on the GAF server anymore because biomes.

Fresh start would be best but people are too attached to the things they've made, I guess.

I'm soon going to delete large chunks of land not being used to make way for biomes to spawn. I'll keep the thread updated

Twig

Banned
thespot84 said:
I'm soon going to delete large chunks of land not being used to make way for biomes to spawn. I'll keep the thread updated
That kind of defeats the purpose of a fresh start! shruuuuuug

Though, if it comes around to the time of server-side working health and STILL people don't want a fresh start, then multiplayer (with GAF, anyway) is basically dead to me.

thespot84

Twig said:
That kind of defeats the purpose of a fresh start! shruuuuuug

Though, if it comes around to the time of server-side working health and STILL people don't want a fresh start, then multiplayer (with GAF, anyway) is basically dead to me.

you could always host your own server

Twig

Banned
kennah said:
Is it sad that I've actually missed your constant complaining and curmudgeonliness?
Kind of, yeah. But I won't hold it against you, even if you are mistakenly identifying these past few posts as complaining.

Timan

Developer
Some pics of the city I've been working on.

screenshot20101116at502pmpng53da0.png

screenshot20101116at519pmpnga1ac9.png

screenshot20101116at530pmpngc7980.png

screenshot20101116at502pmpng7b46c.png

thespot84

Timan said:

[]http://b1.s3.quickshareit.com/screenshot20101116at502pmpng53da0.png[/]
[]http://b5.s3.quickshareit.com/screenshot20101116at519pmpnga1ac9.png[/]
[]http://b1.s3.quickshareit.com/screenshot20101116at530pmpngc7980.png[/]
[]http://b2.s3.quickshareit.com/screenshot20101116at502pmpng7b46c.png[/]

pave the streets with gold. or cheese. your choice.

Twig

Banned
Timan said:
Wow, those are some really cool buildings.

I like that you've gone the detail route instead of the huge scale route. Makes it much more impressive than most of the junk out there.

thespot84

Twig said:

I like that you've gone the detail route instead of the huge scale route. Makes it much more impressive than most of the junk out there.

he's really done both, those buildings are ~60 blocks high, even more impresive

ckohler

About those buildings, how do you get those different shades of stone? Also, you have so much, did you actually mine all that or are you using some kind of hack?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ckohler said:
About those buildings, how do you get those different shades of stone? Also, you have so much, did you actually mine all that or are you using some kind of hack?

The light shade is the half-steps.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Timan said:

screenshot20101116at502pmpng53da0.png

screenshot20101116at519pmpnga1ac9.png

screenshot20101116at530pmpngc7980.png

screenshot20101116at502pmpng7b46c.png

Coolest minecraft buildings I've seen yet. Great inspiration.

Seeing all of the huge scale stuff that takes 20+ hours to create has been putting me off from just building cool, usable sized buildings.

Hopefully I'll be back with some shots of my own buildings.:D

Twig

Banned
Hey Spot, you sure do like to toss a lot of flame bait in my direction. What's your beef, Sparky?
Brashnir said:
When the build ceiling is 64 blocks above sea level, it's pretty tall.
Relatively, sure. But ultimately, it's pretty tiny. Go make something in paint that's 60 pixels tall. You won't be impressed with yourself.

What he's done here is take a bunch of tiny things and make something truly impressive. As opposed to things like that coliseum on the GAF server.

fresquito

Twig said:
Hey Spot, you sure do like to toss a lot of flame bait in my direction. What's your beef, Sparky?

Relatively, sure. But ultimately, it's pretty tiny. Go make something in paint that's 60 pixels tall. You won't be impressed with yourself.

What he's done here is take a bunch of tiny things and make something truly impressive. As opposed to things like that coliseum on the GAF server.
Sorry to tell, but you're being an ass. The fact that there're more impressive things being done in Minecraft doesn't negate that his work is utterly awesome.

Twig

Banned
fresquito said:
Sorry to tell, but you're being an ass. The fact that there're more impressive things being done in Minecraft doesn't negate that his work is utterly awesome.
What. I said it was awesome. You're not reading my posts, clearly. I will quote myself, for you.
Me said:

Furthermore, I never said what he has done is the ONLY way to do something impressive. I just said it's MORE impressive.

Next time, don't insult someone just because you're not reading their posts.

fresquito

I was reading your posts, but it doesn't change how you're acting.

For reference it all went like this:

- Someone comes and shows us his amazing work.
- Everybody agrees it's amazing.
- You come by and say it looks great, but it's not big.
- Someone tells you it couldn't be done much bigger given the size limit the game has.
- You compare it to a paint work.
- In the end you say it's pretty tiny.

If that's not being an ass, then I don't know what it is. Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a disussion. However, you should think that maybe it's you that aren't writting clearly as opposed to others reading wrongly. It's not the first time you have discussions in this thread, after all.

Twig

Banned
If that's not being an ass, then I don't know what it is.
Your original post implied that I was saying his buildings were unimpressive, which I never once said or implied. The complete opposite, in fact. Now you're changing your tune. If you're going to attack me, at least be consistent. Thanks!

Jesus Christ, I love what he's done with those buildings. If I didn't, why would I have said I did? I can't believe you people are being so defensive about this. It was just an offhand comment. It is amazing to me that you all care so much that I don't think it's particularly huge. Seriously, it's fucking fascinating. And also incredibly befuddling! I wasn't INSULTING his work. Far from it!

Yeesh.

r1chard

Can we please all calm down and instead talk about what a ripoff the lightstone stuff is? I finally managed to mine some and it seems you get so little for the incredible effort. Or maybe I'm missing some crucial use for it (with lanterns being absent).

Diamonds: so very useful and yet so rare. Redstone: can't move for tripping over it and it gives 4 per block, yet I've used all I need (one watch, one compass). Lightstone: 1 blob per block, 9 blobs combined to reconstitute a block...

Vlad

r1chard said:
Can we please all calm down and instead talk about what a ripoff the lightstone stuff is? I finally managed to mine some and it seems you get so little for the incredible effort. Or maybe I'm missing some crucial use for it (with lanterns being absent).

Diamonds: so very useful and yet so rare. Redstone: can't move for tripping over it and it gives 4 per block, yet I've used all I need (one watch, one compass). Lightstone: 1 blob per block, 9 blobs combined to reconstitute a block...

Right now, the only thing that Lightstone really is useful for is easy underwater lighting.

kennah

http://notch.tumblr.com/

Notch did a blog update today! He's going to be fixing the reappearing block issue for next update! And he talks a lot about the new computers they got for work and what is happening with the offices. I can't wait for the reappearing block problem to be fixed, GAFLand is a ghost town :(

Timan

Developer
kennah said:
http://notch.tumblr.com/

Notch did a blog update today! He's going to be fixing the reappearing block issue for next update! And he talks a lot about the new computers they got for work and what is happening with the offices. I can't wait for the reappearing block problem to be fixed, GAFLand is a ghost town :(

Woot,

Hopefully the regulars will start coming back :( been empty the past 1-2 week(s)

Jasoco

Banned
Vlad said:
Right now, the only thing that Lightstone really is useful for is easy underwater lighting.
I think you should get 5 dust piles when you break one instead of just one. It's stupid that you need to use 9 to make one block the same way it was before you broke it. And if you need to move it, you can't easily reclaim it without losing 8 more.

I hate mining it from the Nether because it looks so cool and makes the place look less bland. Maybe if it grew back after being removed it wouldn't be so bad.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Just started playing it and I'm absolutely loving it. This is surprisingly (and ridiculously) fun

Quick question though, can anyone recommend some good texture packs?

owlbeak

I am done with minecraft until he fixes the block reappearing bug. It's completely ruined the game for me. >:[

And again, WTF mods??? Move this shit back to the gaming forum. I don't get it. Some OT's have been moved here, others have not. Seems like they just went and fucking randomly moved threads. It's asinine.

WEGGLES

Portals aren't 2 way deals. You don't come out where you come in.......
Fuck.

This goes well with the fact that my "base" is a good 20 minute walk from spawn because I am a moron.

Great.

WEGGLES said:
Portals aren't 2 way deals. You don't come out where you come in.......
Fuck.

This goes well with the fact that my "base" is a good 20 minute walk from spawn because I am a moron.

Great.

I constructed a tunnel (above ground) that goes all the way from the spawn point to my base. It takes time but you only will need to do it once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom