• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanace

kottila said:
Thanks, I was using the wrong search terms ;)

In celebration here are two pics of my world.

My humble abode for now:

5X7dt.png

The view from out back:

kB6gJ.png

If anyone's interested, I'm using "Wombo's Texture Pack 2.2"

Can be found here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=87224

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Blizzard

Banned
Horsebite said:
Better fix the block reappearing glitch. I've barely touched the game since Halloween due to it.
Kind of the same with me. It'll be kind of funny if the update has working SMP health, fall damage, drowning, monsters, and PVP...and yet the leaves don't disappear properly, and blocks reappear 30% of the time when you mine them, still. :lol

ZZMitch

have any texture packs utilized animated water (source blocks) yet?

I enjoy some texture packs, but the default always draws me back because the static water is annoying in all the texture packs ive tried.

Huh, strange - did you already have brown & bloom installed before you ran the patch, or did you install b&b with Xau's patcher? I got animated lava & water working with b&b, but only after installing the texture pack via Xau's patcher.

ZZMitch

Bootaaay said:
Huh, strange - did you already have brown & bloom installed before you ran the patch, or did you install b&b with Xau's patcher? I got animated lava & water working with b&b, but only after installing the texture pack via Xau's patcher.

By installed do you mean in the texturepack folder? if so, then yes

edit- well whatever, I decided to go with the 3d dot game heroes pack. it just looks so good with ambient occlusion. And they didn't mess with any of the mobs, I hate edited mobs! :D

Brashnir

Update is out.

Logged into my server and confirmed damage works immediately (I logged in and fell immediately to my death. hooray)

This was problematic since I didn't remember where I was when I last logged out, so I had to go and try to find my stuff. This led me to wandering around and not finding it, so I decided to test out if I could find something if I died again. I punched a sheep and took its wool (it works now - but the graphics of the sheep losing its fur is bugged) and jumped off a high place

I went back to get my wool and I couldn't see it. I did, however, pick it up. Amazingly, this turns out to either be the exact place I died before, because all my other crap re-appeared in my inventory, though none of it was visible in the world.

edit - Leaves still don't de-spawn

Needs more testing, but blocks-reappearing seems to be fixed. I cleared out 50 trees from my farm and didn't get a single block to reappear on me.

Anybody want me to test out anything in particular?

edit 2 - Nevermind. Just died 3 times to invisible monsters. Game is unplayable in current state.

Krelian

Brashnir said:
edit 2 - Nevermind. Just died 3 times to invisible monsters. Game is unplayable in current state.
I read it could be because your game (client) is set to 'Peaceful'. If it is try setting it to something else.

Brashnir

Bill_Duke said:
Are all those bugs happening in single player or multiplayer?

multiplayer.

Krelian said:
I read it could be because your game (client) is set to 'Peaceful'. If it is try setting it to something else.

Tried that, and it definitely made it better, but now it takes about 50 whacks with a diamond sword to kill a zombie.

and now I "died," which caused me to drop all my inventory, but I didn't actually get a dead screen and can still play. I can't eat to heal myself, can't pick anything up, and can't use any tools except fire. Logging out and back in doesn't fix it. Restarting server completely doesn't fix it.

Still unplayable.

pirata

20101124archoffireandicefirstbiomechange.jpg

Standing in my first-ever non-ice biome! It took me forever to find it! In the background is the "Arch of Fire and Ice" (so named because of a pool of lava in the middle), the gateway to my icy spawn biome.

This game is so beautiful!

OnPoint

I logged into my multiplayer server and was assaulted by creepers, who apparently aren't making sound at the moment. Wow. Good bye diamond sword.

I think I'll wait for these bugs to be fixed.

Timan

Developer
OnPoint said:
I logged into my multiplayer server and was assaulted by creepers, who apparently aren't making sound at the moment. Wow. Good bye diamond sword.

I think I'll wait for these bugs to be fixed.

Heh, i got hit by a spider and got kicked from the server cause of a socket error or something.

Nelo Ice

Banned
how do u guys play multiplayer?

my cousin dled the server tools and set up a server but he cant join

everytime i put in the ip he gives me the connection times out but he says i joined his game and i was in his world briefly

Jasoco

Banned
I still prefer Frendan's. It's the simplicity without the jarring black lines around the edges.

rk33eo.jpg

It even makes clay reddish brown so you can actually tell it apart from smooth stone and see it easier from a distance.

Ashodin

Those of you having server issues - your old servers are going to be buggy as fuck. If you start a new one (I know, I know) barely any bugs are present.

r1chard

Jasoco said:
I still prefer Frendan's. It's the simplicity without the jarring black lines around the edges.

rk33eo.jpg

It even makes clay reddish brown so you can actually tell it apart from smooth stone and see it easier from a distance.
I agree on the whole. My only problem with Freden's is telling the difference between sand and wood in my inventory. They're the same color and have only slightly different texturing.

ZZMitch

SatelliteOfLove said:
I have a JackOLantern House base too! Great minds and all that.

Yeah, I want to make my spawn house (that one) completely made of jackolanters :D

Jasoco said:

I see what you are saying, but the black lines around the blocks are my favorite part :lol

fresquito

So I finally rented my server. And wow, the performance is awful. I don't know if it's because the new update broke many things or what, but it isn't nice. BTW, what's the point in setting a password when it is not going to ask for it? o_O

IceMarker

So after not playing for a month I deleted all my worlds and started fresh again.
Installed the AO mod and loaded Eld's Artpack, here's my work so far.

2epuekh.png

Krelian

fresquito said:
So I finally rented my server. And wow, the performance is awful. I don't know if it's because the new update broke many things or what, but it isn't nice. BTW, what's the point in setting a password when it is not going to ask for it? o_O
It usually isn't great but the performance shouldn't be awful. What's that about a password? I've never used one for the server. Although I once tested this server remote control that required a password. Do you have a web console or anything?

fresquito

Krelian said:
It usually isn't great but the performance shouldn't be awful. What's that about a password? I've never used one for the server. Although I once tested this server remote control that required a password. Do you have a web console or anything?
I'm using Multiplay. However, it's not public, so I'm not worried about the password, but I don't know why I can set a password if it's not going to ask me later on.

Krelian

fresquito said:
I'm using Multiplay. However, it's not public, so I'm not worried about the password, but I don't know why I can set a password if it's not going to ask me later on.
So you're using this? I have no experience with a server rented like that... I'd much prefer using a VPS or something and setting it up myself personally. My guess is that the password could be used for that "Basic Rcon"... or the control panel? Well, you could always ask the support if you can't figure it out.

fresquito

Thanks. Yes, thinking about it, it probably is something about CP or something similar.

And well, the reason why I'm renting the server is because I will be playing with some friends and none of us can have his computer running 24/7. And since we want to share a world, it's our only option. It's 90€ a year, so it's not much money.

And after having tried it a bit more, it turns out the performance problems were do to world being generated for the first time.

WEGGLES

Oh my god.

I've been putting off playing this game because I wanted to make a tunnel from spawn to my base. And I was racking my brain on how to figure out where to stop my tunnel when I get to my base.... when it hit me... don't tunnel from spawn to base. Tunnel from base to spawn, using the compass. I feel so dumb.

r1chard

DrForester said:
I don't consider that cheating at all. You should be able to change it by default, or build something to change it.
Definitely. And it moves if you screw up and build something too close to it too. I did this once with a lovely base I'd built, only to stuff up and find my spawn moved outside the base :-(

Blizzard

Banned
Notch said:
Speaking of which, I will make the client updater ask the player before applying new updates. Automatic forced updates are scary, and they were only in because they were convenient and I never thought about it.
Good policy, Notch. Now if only you would stop sending the account password in plaintext HTTP every time the game launches, that'd be great. :p I emailed him once or twice and I think he actually mentioned he planned to do it, but it's still plaintext as of right now.

fresquito

Killing creepers in SMP is a pain in the ass. They can last as long as 10 strikes without dying. I hope health is balanced soon, because it's clear some damage info is not being sent correctly, or health bars for monsters have gone wild.

Other than that, I'm having a blast with my friends :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom