• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

DiabolicalBagel said:
So that's why I've never had any of those black-screens issues?

Sweet that you guys can now enjoy it as I do, especially Inkwell: know you had terrible problems.
What's your videocard? I think the blackscreen stuff is nvidia only.

Insaniac

My laptop is running Intel i5 at 2.53 ghz and 4gb RAM with a nVidia GF 310m with 512mb and the game runs on far draw distance with silky smooth 60-100 fps

and now that I've redl/ed java I can also confirm that downloading java with IE 64-bit has stopped my black screen crashes.

Also now that my friends and I have a private server, this game has becoming 10x more amazing and addicting. The community aspect and exploration is so fun.

Jasoco

Banned
How can you tell if you're using the 32 or 64-bit version of Java on OS X? I haven't had the black screen issue, but I have no idea what version I have. I THINK I have the 64-bit version. I'm on Snow Leopard.

Inkwell

Banned
Jasoco said:
How can you tell if you're using the 32 or 64-bit version of Java on OS X? I haven't had the black screen issue, but I have no idea what version I have. I THINK I have the 64-bit version. I'm on Snow Leopard.
From my little bit of research, I think the latest version of OS X has 32-bit as well as 64-bit Java.

Jasoco

Banned
Inkwell said:
From my little bit of research, I think the latest version of OS X has 32-bit as well as 64-bit Java.
Well, which one launches when I run Minecraft? Hmm....

When I launch it, it doesn't say 64-bit next to it in Activity Monitor. But I don't get the weird black screen, but I also didn't get the horrible framerate or any of the other bugs people were complaining about, so I don't know.

Inkwell

Banned
Jasoco said:
Well, which one launches when I run Minecraft? Hmm....

When I launch it, it doesn't say 64-bit next to it in Activity Monitor. But I don't get the weird black screen, but I also didn't get the horrible framerate or any of the other bugs people were complaining about, so I don't know.
It seems like the black screen bug might be some strange incompatibility issue that results from a combination of an nvidia card running on windows 7 64. I haven't heard of anyone having the issue on a mac. I wouldn't worry about whether minecraft is using 32-bit or 64-bit java, as you probably won't notice a difference.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
The server has been really laggy the past few days and DiabolicalBagel is shown as logged in six times for some reason. :lol

SumPog

Neo Member
This may sound like a stupid question, but what's with the 0,0 chunk. Since the Halloween update, wasn't the spawning algorithms fixed or is the 0,0 chunk still the deal?

Blizzard

Banned
Despite the pricetag now being just under $20 USD, it's still selling very well, like 6000-8000 a day, a couple of days after Christmas? o_O In one more day it should be over 900,000 copies sold, and I guess the million mark should be by the end of January.

Insaniac

Blizzard said:
Despite the pricetag now being just under $20 USD, it's still selling very well, like 6000-8000 a day, a couple of days after Christmas? o_O In one more day it should be over 900,000 copies sold, and I guess the million mark should be by the end of January.

Yeah I actually convinced 8 of my friends to buy it

Twig

Banned
Unless things changed, ArtistDude does not have a GAF account. He just plays with GAFfers a lot (started with TF2, I think?).

_Bro

Banned
What's the GAF server? I tried to connect to the ones in the multiplayer thread but no luck.

Just got back into the game so I'm interested in what everyone has been doin' on here.

pirata

_Bro said:
What's the GAF server? I tried to connect to the ones in the multiplayer thread but no luck.

Just got back into the game so I'm interested in what everyone has been doin' on here.

Send a PM to TheSpot84 for the IP, or go back a page or two through the thread to the post where Spot lists it (you have to quote it to make it appear).

Jasoco

Banned
Infinite mode no longer impresses me. It's not about what you build, it's having the ingenuity and resources to build it. Like that Enterprise that was pretty much created by computer. Boring. Disappointing. But it did get me interested in the game.

_Bro

Banned
Jasoco said:
Infinite mode no longer impresses me. It's not about what you build, it's having the ingenuity and resources to build it. Like that Enterprise that was pretty much created by computer. Boring. Disappointing. But it did get me interested in the game.
Eh, I think endgame "castles" aren't really what Notch wants his game to be about. More about how you get their and the 'stories' that can be told; just sucks that you have to mine thousands of blocks to get to that.

Inkwell

Banned
Mush said:
My Minecraft broke. :( The launcher hangs on the the Updating screen.
Try deleting the minecraft.jar file and see if it will re-download it. If that doesn't work you can try deleting the entire bin folder.

By the way, I think there's a problem with the mapping software on the server. Here's the link for convenience: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1164142/gmap3/index.html
It has some of the grass/foliage as a gray color, especially around the community tower.

zaxor0

LonelyIsland said:
me too, I've been trying to get on it VIA the quote, but it's not working.
So I scanned through a few of the previous pages looking for this mysterious quote with the server. Where is it at exactly?

EDIT: I searched more. Found it!

notsol337

marked forever
I wanted to build a giant underwater dome with my friend on his MP server.

Instead we're drowning over and over again with a full air meter.

I'm sad now.

Mush

Inkwell said:
Try deleting the minecraft.jar file and see if it will re-download it. If that doesn't work you can try deleting the entire bin folder.
:D Thanks so much! Worked like a charm!

Does anyone have any fancy ideas for a door? I have a 4w x7h space that I'd love to fill with something cool. :3 Sorry, first castle and all that.

PjRi5.png

FHqe4.png

Bradlums

Mush said:
Does anyone have any fancy ideas for a door? I have a 4w x7h space that I'd love to fill with something cool. :3 Sorry, first castle and all that.

You could make a waterfall fall down the space and redirect the water with stone to have an opening in the water where you could put the door.

SumPog

Neo Member
Mush said:
:D Thanks so much! Worked like a charm!

Firstly, kill that sheep
Secondly, do what Bradlums said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom