• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love how well the map is being loaded these days for me:
DYtNh.png

thespot84

DiabolicalBagel said:
Love how well the map is being loaded these days for me:
DYtNh.png

the server was running crashed (it gives me a critical error but continues to operate) so that could have been contributing. It's been reset.

Mush

Waterfall is done, just need a way to divert water thus creating a door, and not a wall of liquid. ;) Is there anyway to jerry-rig it so the water will part when I want it to and close in again to make the door?

gAGY8.png

cgjCG.png

L689b.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fifasnipe2224 said:
BTW, how do i take those overhead screenshots in MC? id like to get one covering my entire town from a much higher point of view.
you build a giant stack of dirt under your feet. :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I have built an exciting mineride entrance to my underground tower (still under construction, but it's coming along nicely.) Head out of the community tower past the tree farm Should see light coming out of a dirt bunker. That's the entrance.

Donations of TNT in one of the boxes in the tower basement to help me clear out down there would be appreciated :)

I went on a search for iron and ended up with 43, but 8 diamonds. Yet every time I go looking for diamonds, all I find is iron! I was hoping to find a couple stacks of iron for my minecart system. So if anyone wants to trade a few diamonds for a stack of iron, hit me up :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
JodyAnthony said:
I went on a search for iron and ended up with 43, but 8 diamonds. Yet every time I go looking for diamonds, all I find is iron! I was hoping to find a couple stacks of iron for my minecart system. So if anyone wants to trade a few diamonds for a stack of iron, hit me up :D
oh fuuuuuu, i just dumped all my iron into tools. ;_;

i only have about 80 ingots left

kennah

JodyAnthony said:
Jody I should have a couple stacks in my upside down castle, help yourself. Head straight East down the road until reach the end of it, turn left and go straight about 50 blocks, you'll find some bridges and the castle. (upper right on the google map)

ZZMitch

From Notch's Tumblr! :D

2011, here we go!
So it’s the first working day of the year, and we’ve got two more people in the office now. Carl Manneh and Tobias Möllstam. And we’ve got the entire office as well now.

AND.. just a few minutes ago, I found out that Minecraft got three nominations for the Independent Games Festival (Grand Prize, Technical Excellence, and Excellence In Design). So this means I definitely will be going to the GDC this year! :D

On Wednesday, we’ll have a strategy meeting of sorts and try to work out some vague plans and try to decide how to drive Minecraft beta development and try to define what the finished game will actually be. We won’t start work on modding or anything like that before then.

But! We (especially Jens) have added a bunch of new content to Minecraft that we want to get out asap, so there will be a content patch update next week with a whole pile of fun new toys, including a water mob and quite possibly paint if we can figure out how exactly it should work.

(Oh, and Minecraft will hit 1 million sales soon, and I have NO idea how to celebrate that! There’s no time to plan anything!)

posted 3 hours ago

todahawk

ZZMitch said:
From Notch's Tumblr! :D

2011, here we go!
So it’s the first working day of the year, and we’ve got two more people in the office now. Carl Manneh and Tobias Möllstam. And we’ve got the entire office as well now.

AND.. just a few minutes ago, I found out that Minecraft got three nominations for the Independent Games Festival (Grand Prize, Technical Excellence, and Excellence In Design). So this means I definitely will be going to the GDC this year! :D

On Wednesday, we’ll have a strategy meeting of sorts and try to work out some vague plans and try to decide how to drive Minecraft beta development and try to define what the finished game will actually be. We won’t start work on modding or anything like that before then.

But! We (especially Jens) have added a bunch of new content to Minecraft that we want to get out asap, so there will be a content patch update next week with a whole pile of fun new toys, including a water mob and quite possibly paint if we can figure out how exactly it should work.

(Oh, and Minecraft will hit 1 million sales soon, and I have NO idea how to celebrate that! There’s no time to plan anything!)

posted 3 hours ago

Came here to make sure this was posted. Awesome, can't wait for the water mob and other goodies!

Wool

So, I've been watching a lot of youtube videos with gameplay, but I don't really get survival mode. Is surviving actually challenging or does it just mean that there are enemies that could kill you? I've been thinking about getting this for awhile, but I still am not sure if there is any actual goal or if you are just supposed to build stuff.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
rdelaney said:
So, I've been watching a lot of youtube videos with gameplay, but I don't really get survival mode. Is surviving actually challenging or does it just mean that there are enemies that could kill you? I've been thinking about getting this for awhile, but I still am not sure if there is any actual goal or if you are just supposed to build stuff.
pandaman said:
Endless demon hordes crave for nothing but your soft flesh, this is their world and it is a perilous place.
Conquer it.
construct a fortress that can withstand any siege, create a network of mines and tunnels to transport you in emergencies, build bridges that span oceans and once your keep is impervious to all worldly assault, declare war on hell itself and make it your glorified subway system.

Blizzard

Banned
Notch's Twitter said:
right click to tune (2 octaves). Left click or redstone trigger to play. The material under the block sets the instrument
If I can make a giant pipe organ or automatic music, this will be AMAZING when it gets added. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom