• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Blizzard said:
Vadernoooooooo ;_;

Though I'll be terrified of spiders, the other changes sound amazing. The only problem with the flock of sheep to get infinite colored wool is that sheep despawn when you get too far away, right? I don't know of a good way to actually keep a pen of livestock for your own purposes. Maybe that will come eventually...along with an actual way to steer saddle pigs. :lol

Hooray for new content!

It's easy to create a livestock pen, but as you mention, sheep and other friendly animals spawn & despawn around the player. So you can't keep them :(

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
yay my first minecraft structure is complete!

vJwvu.jpg

Jasoco

Banned
2jam7gm.jpg

Piano note isn't really that much of an alarm. But it works!

Also, Painterly is going to be updated soon. Hopefully tonight. Can't wait! With three wood types, I can't wait to see the flexibility.

Jasoco

Banned
Whoa.. Dispensers make me think of all the Indiana Jones temples people are going to make. What we need is a switch type that ONLY mobs can activate. And one that ONLY humans can activate. Instead of one that both can activate.

bathala

Banned
anyone having rail problem?
connecting turning rails the other rail just go horizontal.

so doing a circle rail (booster 2), it only goes half circle and two horizontal rail

(not mine)
tracks_error.JPG

Kritz

Banned
I can't wait for people to start griefing servers by building under people's houses and creating obnoxious redstone
musical / piano
contraptions. :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Kritz said:
I can't wait for people to start griefing servers by building under people's houses and creating obnoxious redstone
musical / piano
contraptions. :p
thats not greifing, thats art.

Kritz

Banned
Also, I think I'll finally start joining GAF for MC. I used to occasionally run the AusGAF server, but because I don't have a dedicated machine to run the server software, it's kinda never up.

Timan

Developer
Inkwell said:
Griefers suck. This is the kind of thing that can happen:

j9lxtz.gif

What you don't see is Artistdude's tree farm on fire, and the lava pouring from his lava fountain. He also lost stuff when he died trying to fix it when he hit a lag spike.

What time was this done? I was on late last night and there were some new people on, can't remember the names off hand.

Garcia

Kritz said:
Also, I think I'll finally start joining GAF for MC. I used to occasionally run the AusGAF server, but because I don't have a dedicated machine to run the server software, it's kinda never up.

Count me in as well. I will jump in this Saturday :) .

Timan said:
What time was this done? I was on late last night and there were some new people on, can't remember the names off hand.

Do private servers keep track of all the visitors? Or is it really hard to spot a griefer after he's done his thing ?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Inkwell said:

j9lxtz.gif

What you don't see is Artistdude's tree farm on fire, and the lava pouring from his lava fountain. He also lost stuff when he died trying to fix it when he hit a lag spike.

Didn't get the library did it? (or am I thinking of another person's underground lair?

Either way, that sucks. Place was amazing. Loved the checkered floor.

Drewsky

ZZMitch said:
Are you using a texture pack?
I was, then went back to default and installed a completely different texture pack with the same results, the furnace tops are still solid gray. I guess it did work fine in the default. I don't know what's up with it.

Twig

Banned
Inkwell said:

j9lxtz.gif

Haha, owned.

Inkwell

Banned
DrForester said:
Didn't get the library did it? (or am I thinking of another person's underground lair?

No, the library was untouched.

thespot84

man the server situation is super wonky, I can't even get a vanilla server running.

EDIT: this is god damned ridiculous. Running the stock server eats java alive and somehow hijacks my network adapter. I can't even disable it from the OS, I have to restart the entire box. No MC server until this is fixed kiddies. If anyone has ideas or finds out new info i'm all ears.

DrForester said:

Underground lairs? I have so much exploring to do.

Here's something Artistdude wanted me to post for him, with a little message. And a gift. A gift of song:

Today is a good day. Despite getting griefed earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYokF9sV6aQ
When I first met him I thought his name was meant to be ironic, but now i believe.

Twig

Banned
Dug said:
Would you find it funny if someone ruined your work? :\
I'm in the small minority (as in, the minority of minorities) that wouldn't be bothered too much, yes.

Similarly, I laugh when somebody trips and falls down the stairs. Especially when that person is me.

Bradlums

Holy crap does anyone know who built the giant companion cube?
Just noticed it on the map to the right of spawn, can't wait to go check it out.

Jasoco

Banned
28mle80.jpg

Uh.... this is a tree that already existed in my world before the update. Now it has an identity crisis and can't decide what kind to be!

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
this is kinda to brighten the mood in this thread a bit, hope it works =D

so it was my birthday today and i had just come home from a long and shitty day. after i ate i was like "i think ill play some minecraft" then out of no where i spawn next to this.
idJ97k.png

ib2sQM.png

it turned out a couple of my close friends decided to give me a mini party on minecraft =D
idNWl8.png

and it was all going great. untill enzo had to take a shit.....all over the cake >=(
ib7p72.png

ZZMitch

Drewsky said:
I was, then went back to default and installed a completely different texture pack with the same results, the furnace tops are still solid gray. I guess it did work fine in the default. I don't know what's up with it.

Texture packs always seem to go wonky when new updates are released, I would check where ever you downloaded them (minecraft.net?) and download/wait for updates if that is the issue.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Spent 2 hours trying to figure out a Spider spawner trap design.

Fucking Spiders and their 1-block height.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shadowcomplex said:
this is kinda to brighten the mood in this thread a bit, hope it works =D

so it was my birthday today and i had just come home from a long and shitty day. after i ate i was like "i think ill play some minecraft" then out of no where i spawn next to this.
http://i.min.us/idJ97k.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.min.us/ib2sQM.png[IMG]
it turned out a couple of my close friends decided to give me a mini party on minecraft =D
[IMG]http://i.min.us/idNWl8.png[IMG]
and it was all going great. untill enzo had to take a shit.....all over the cake >=(
[IMG]http://i.min.us/ib7p72.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday Bro! :D

[spoiler]I'm Commander Shepherd in the pic and I baked the cake :D [/spoiler]

Drewsky

ZZMitch said:
Texture packs always seem to go wonky when new updates are released, I would check where ever you downloaded them (minecraft.net?) and download/wait for updates if that is the issue.
Yeah, that's what I figured I would have to do. Thanks for the feedback.

S.W.

Is the SMP server down?
Connection refused: connect
Java error message >D

I'm kinda worried because my tree farm is next to artistdude's big wall thingy, wondering if it's on fire.

Jasoco

Banned
How far apart do two portals need to be in the normal world in order for the second one to create a new portal in the Nether?

I have a main portal in my castle which goes to one portal in the Nether. So I ventured south 1000 tiles distance to find uncharted chunks to get the new stuff to generate and decided to put another portal up. But it took me to the same portal as the castle one does.

How far do I have to go in order to get it to work?

I thought it was 16 chunks = 1 chunk in the Nether. Or maybe it was 8. Either way, 1000 tiles is 62 chunks from my home castle. I would think the game would have created a new portal for me.

What gives? Obviously this is a bug. Technically, placing two portals in the Nether 16 tiles from each other should create two portals either 128 (if 8) or 256 (if 16) tiles from each other.

Kinda sad since it still takes a while to walk 1000 tiles so my new mine for finding blue ore is useless unless I walk there all the time.

Bradlums

Jasoco said:
How far apart do two portals need to be in the normal world in order for the second one to create a new portal in the Nether?

I have a main portal in my castle which goes to one portal in the Nether. So I ventured south 1000 tiles distance to find uncharted chunks to get the new stuff to generate and decided to put another portal up. But it took me to the same portal as the castle one does.

How far do I have to go in order to get it to work?

I thought it was 16 chunks = 1 chunk in the Nether. Or maybe it was 8. Either way, 1000 tiles is 62 chunks from my home castle. I would think the game would have created a new portal for me.

What gives? Obviously this is a bug. Technically, placing two portals in the Nether 16 tiles from each other should create two portals either 128 (if 8) or 256 (if 16) tiles from each other.

Kinda sad since it still takes a while to walk 1000 tiles so my new mine for finding blue ore is useless unless I walk there all the time.
I've had trouble with portals as well. I made a portal to the nether, explored for a while, left through the same portal, and came out of a different portal on my map on an island far away from my spawn. Now whenever I leave the nether from any portal no matter where I make it, I always pop up on that stupid island >_<
Atomski said:
Is there a list of new craftable items?
Minecraft wiki should have them up.

Edit: Beaten

Jasoco

Banned
Bradlums said:
I've had trouble with portals as well. I made a portal to the nether, explored for a while, left through the same portal, and came out of a different portal on my map on an island far away from my spawn. Now whenever I leave the nether from any portal no matter where I make it, I always pop up on that stupid island >_<

Minecraft wiki should have them up.

Edit: Beaten
Looking at my Nether in minutor, it might be because there just wasn't any open area to spawn in. So it ended up finding the closest empty space which just happened to have a portal which just happened to be the one at my castle.

I walked a bit further and was able to spawn in a better place in the Nether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom