• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update is pretty good, I was needing some new things to do and make. Haven't found any new ore yet, or used dyes. I can't wait to hunt a squid. I wish he could get updates like this out every few weeks.

Blizzard

Banned
rdelaney said:
Thank you! I posted in the NFL thread about a month ago and I got heckled for it and someone said that I should change it in respect for epileptic people. I really don't think an epileptic person should be playing video games, much less talking about them on a forum, if they can't handle a tiny little avatar.
I don't think I'm epileptic, but flickering/flashing bothers me. A lot of games don't bother me, but rapid-but-visible flickering is as far as I know a trigger for photosensitive people. It's just a general considerateness thing.

Can anyone confirm if extra portals spawning in the middle of nowhere, or portals not ending in the proper places, was fixed?

Garcia

Blizzard said:
Can anyone confirm if extra portals spawning in the middle of nowhere, or portals not ending in the proper places, was fixed?

I think Notch mentioned he was going to check on the new update for bugs later this week? I think I read that on the forums or some blog. Maybe the spawning portals are still there. I haven't ventured outside to check it out, but since the first random portal I saw in MC happened right after I updated to this new version I doubt he has fixed the issue.

I'll let you know if I see another random portal.

Another thing he mentioned is that he's definitely going to make future updates entirely optional. I really hope he implements this for the next big one since I don't want to keep moving folders from one location to the other in order to play vanilla and moded MC.

itxaka

Defeatist
So is the nether supposed to be what exactly?

I finally got a portal done and crossed and just arrived at a cave. Nothing else but a small cave. I digged a lot but couldn't find anything so I just came back to the nromal world.

If I broke the portal and build it again the nether portal will appear on the same place or will it create another on another spawn point?

thespot84

Oh hai.

I've changed the server address . this is our best defense against greifing, and i can cycle the names whenever necessary.

I haven't restored any backups, the world is still fresh, so you'll need to repair any damages. Let me know if you need something spawned to make you whole again (i.e something stolen/destroyed) that you can't get in the community tower. PM me on GAF.

Also, there's a present waiting for you. it's so exciting!
if it's too laggy lemme know...

(quote to view address)

Jasoco

Banned
First visit to the server and it's pretty laggy. And I got killed three times in 3 minutes because I spawned at about 11PM and still had all night to wait. Plus now there's two Creeper holes in front of buildings. And I don't know how they were before so I can't even fix them!

Jasoco

Banned
I'm trapped. Down in a mine under a really nice looking floating house. And there's no way out because there's no ladder, instead a sign that says "Water ladder, break to start". But it doesn't work. I don't know how the fuck water ladders work so now I'm stuck down here because I don't know how to teleport or kill myself and all I have is wool.

Well, that was fun. That's what I get for exploring.

Inkwell

Banned
Jasoco said:
I'm trapped. Down in a mine under a really nice looking floating house. And there's no way out because there's no ladder, instead a sign that says "Water ladder, break to start". But it doesn't work. I don't know how the fuck water ladders work so now I'm stuck down here because I don't know how to teleport or kill myself and all I have is wool.

Well, that was fun. That's what I get for exploring.
Sounds like you're under DiabolicalBagel's place. I did the exact same thing a little while ago. You can try to dig out, as that's what I had to do. Just make sure to fix anything important you destroy.

Jasoco

Banned
I got no tools and only wool. It'd take me forever to dig my way out and I wouldn't even have any materials to fix my hole with later because hands don't leave collectable rocks. I'll have to wait until I get someone to teleport me or Bagel builds a real ladder.

Diabolical indeed.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
thespot84 said:
Oh hai.

I've changed the server address . this is our best defense against greifing, and i can cycle the names whenever necessary.

I haven't restored any backups, the world is still fresh, so you'll need to repair any damages. Let me know if you need something spawned to make you whole again (i.e something stolen/destroyed) that you can't get in the community tower. PM me on GAF.

Also, there's a present waiting for you. it's so exciting!
if it's too laggy lemme know...

(quote to view address)
quote to view

Garcia

Guys, anyone else having problems with the new beta? It seems to lag like crazy for me. It's almost unbearable to play at some parts. This never happened to me with 1.1_02 ... I tried reinstalling it, all vanilla, no mods and it's still the same, wtf.

kennah

To whoever worked on the tunnel connecting my bridges thanks! Now to make it all pretty like. You saved me the aggravation of making the decision of where it should go.

kennah said:
To whoever worked on the tunnel connecting my bridges thanks! Now to make it all pretty like. You saved me the aggravation of making the decision of where it should go.
I did say I was gonna leave you a present!

Chinner said:
thats actually really sad. wish people would stop obessing over portal just that they can seem 'hip' and 'nerdy'.
The only sad thing about it is this comment.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I'm getting a socket error on the new server addy..

Machine at system.net.sockets.socket.recieve(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFL"

it keeps going..

Other times I get [McAdmin] Took too long to login

Enco

Had a quick go in the server. It was great fun exploring.

As soon as the lag and load of glitches is fixed, this is gonna be an awesome game.

DrEvil

Anyone else having issues connecting? was in before, then it lagged out and I haven't been able to connect since.

thespot84

so my internet just went completely out an hour ago while I was sleeping....no idea why.

Thanks Panda, I've disabled that host, try again to make sure it doesn't work please. Server up again for the time being

DrEvil

thespot84 said:
so my internet just went completely out an hour ago while I was sleeping....no idea why.

Thanks Panda, I've disabled that host, try again to make sure it doesn't work please. Server up again for the time being

Just tried the old one, and the really old one.. only one that works is the new one

I'm trying to get my flatmate hooked on this game by setting up a local server so we can play a bit together, but I have one small problem... He hasn't bought Minecraft, and for understandable reasons don't want to just so he can try it. Is there any way for him to try it on my server without pirating it or buying it? I've tried to connect in offline mode, but it just says I'm not a premium user and won't let me connect.

Unicorn

What's the best texture pack? I was initially interested in Scribblecraft, but it looks like it could give me a headache. I was then thinking maybe something to make it look more detailed.

But, honestly, graphics aren't why I like Minecraft.

Wow I've been away from Minecraft for a long time and haven't payed attention to anything new regarding it.

I come in here after forgetting about it and click on the YouTube video for Still Alive played with redstone!

WHAT HAVE I MISSED!?

Vlad

ashbash159 said:
Wow I've been away from Minecraft for a long time and haven't payed attention to anything new regarding it.

I come in here after forgetting about it and click on the YouTube video for Still Alive played with redstone!

WHAT HAVE I MISSED!?

Heh, you haven't been away for THAT long, really.

Big thing was the recent update to 1.2 this week. There's note blocks now (the musical things from the video), as well as a bunch of wool dyes, colored sheep, some new tree types, squid, sandstone, and dispensers aka arrow traps.

Jasoco

Banned
Haha, I love Painterly Pack, but the Candycraft pack is hilarious. My gingerbread castle looks awesome. And my grand library has been turned into the worlds largest gumball machine collection. Not sure about the grass though. Is it caramel?

Hope Frendan is updated soon too. That was my favorite until I switched to Painterly.

The only problem I have with Painterly is that I use the large brick style cobblestone to look more like castle bricks, but they shift the texture by 4 pixels and it looks terrible! So I always have to edit it in PhotoShop before using. Also, even though Notch forgot to make a new painting, its ID is still in the game. It's a 4x4 painting next to the other two 4x4 ones. Just edit the painting PNG and add a new painting. It's not that hard.

Vlad said:
Heh, you haven't been away for THAT long, really.

Big thing was the recent update to 1.2 this week. There's note blocks now (the musical things from the video), as well as a bunch of wool dyes, colored sheep, some new tree types, squid, sandstone, and dispensers aka arrow traps.
Wow I want to get into it again.

However, I have tried yesterday and most of today trying to log in to the server for NeoNeoNeoGAFLand (or whatever it is called) and having the connection time out. I am in England so that may be a problem but I just want to have a look around.

Vlad

ashbash159 said:
Wow I want to get into it again.

However, I have tried yesterday and most of today trying to log in to the server for NeoNeoNeoGAFLand (or whatever it is called) and having the connection time out. I am in England so that may be a problem but I just want to have a look around.

It's a little slow at the moment, but also keep in mind that the address changed in the last day. Look for Spot's post on the previous page for the address.

Vlad said:
It's a little slow at the moment, but also keep in mind that the address changed in the last day. Look for Spot's post on the previous page for the address.
Can you just PM the new address and be a nice friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom