• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirata

Exano said:
Okay, at the moment we're building a spelltower. You can learn how to cast mark and recall there. Mark costs you 1 iron and 30 redstone, and it marks your house. Recall costs 10 redstone, and it recalls you to the marked location.

That and subway terminals will be the only type of /home this server will have I believe. But it may change in the future :)

We're kind in the mindset of nothing should be free, it all should be earned, so its hard trying to find a balance.

Is the "no freebies" stance why we haven't built a comm tower yet? Does this mean that this is our first capitalist server?

Articalys

Exano said:
Okay, at the moment we're building a spelltower. You can learn how to cast mark and recall there. Mark costs you 1 iron and 30 redstone, and it marks your house. Recall costs 10 redstone, and it recalls you to the marked location.

That and subway terminals will be the only type of /home this server will have I believe. But it may change in the future :)

We're kind in the mindset of nothing should be free, it all should be earned, so its hard trying to find a balance.
Which mod is supporting this?

pirata said:
Is the "no freebies" stance why we haven't built a comm tower yet? Does this mean that this is our first capitalist server?
I tried to make it into a free market sort of thing, but people refused to barter with me :(. They'd be like "just take it!"

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PillowKnight said:
I tried to make it into a free market sort of thing, but people refused to barter with me :(. They'd be like "just take it!"
im surprised there isnt a dispenser mod out where you can insert items to trade for other items in the dispenser at a set rate.

Twig

Banned
Exano said:

oh god that's awesome

Blue_Gecko said:
A suggestion for Exano's server: could we please have it enabled for users to set a /home?

The place I started to build at was quite far from the spawn (which is really messed up it seems like) and sometimes I'll die before I can even get back if it's at night.

Just build an underground tunnel from your house back to spawn, that's what I did (My house was a good distance from spawn and like you I wanted a way to travel safely in case I died). Safe passage all the time. :D

Exano

Neo Member
pirata said:

---

Well, the comm tower wasn't exactly free unless it was spawned items for players to take. As far as I know, you donated and took things from the comm tower right?
I think we've just been working on our own things, I bet you'll see a comm tower in a few weeks.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Unfortunately, I'll be terminating my hosting of GAFLand immediately.

The hosting I'm using is not as good as they advertised it to be, and they refuse to diagnose the network issues plaguing attempted logins.

Not to mention that there are tons of block errors with spots backup, and the community at large has moved to Exxanos' server.. It's just not financially worth it for me to keep it going.

kennah

That's too bad, but understandable :( I thought something was strange when I tried to walk to the Companion Cube and couldn't find it.

thespot84 said:
drevil did take over my server, but it's continuing as is, no monsters, no spawning. Exano's server is a totally separate fork
He terminated hosting of it. So it seems it is destined to die.

EDIT: And now Exano's server is down. Ruh roh.

Atomski

Pandaman said:
im surprised there isnt a dispenser mod out where you can insert items to trade for other items in the dispenser at a set rate.

I keep hoping Notch will add gold coins to the game. would give a reason to look for gold ore :).

Found these in a cave last night on Exano's server.. thought it was quiet odd.
squid.png

Exano

Neo Member
Atomski said:
Any word on Exano's server? I miss it.

Yeah, I know right. I just rebooted it, dunno why it wasn't working. Up now. edit- theyre apparently' doing server maintenance tonight so thats why I had to reboot.

Pimpbaa

Exano said:
Yeah, I know right. I just rebooted it, dunno why it wasn't working. Up now. edit- theyre apparently' doing server maintenance tonight so thats why I had to reboot.

What's the ip of your server? I wanna join.

DrBo42

Bummer. I just installed it last night, the stuff I learn or stumble upon every time I play is just absolutely insane. I'm just finishing up the second story of my first house on the sea, it's incredibly crude. I can't wait to see some of the stuff you guys have come up with.

ckohler

I think I'll give your server a try tonight, Exano.

I do a lot of live-streaming of my single player world, but I've not done ANY multi-player. I'm not sure if it's for me but I might as well give it a shot. I've got at least four months of experience building/inventing stuff.

Exano

Neo Member
No on the TnT, not yet.

There will be a new area in the center of town entitled donation box.. its a minecart with a chest.

We're collecting donations of Iron and Stone to make the southern railway.

The southern railway will end inside of a huge flat walled off area. This area is a free to build area, as well as free to destroy and kill other players.

By entering this area you sacrifice your life, and it is free game to be killed by other players.

That will be our PvP solution on the server :D

EDIT- New map

Articalys

Exano said:
No on the TnT, not yet.

There will be a new area in the center of town entitled donation box.. its a minecart with a chest.

The southern railway will end inside of a huge flat walled off area. This area is a free to build area, as well as free to destroy and kill other players.

By entering this area you sacrifice your life, and it is free game to be killed by other players.

EDIT- New map
So kinda like Battle Royale?

Also, I saw this recommended before but would like to bring it back up, using the Minecraft Overviewer (https://github.com/brownan/Minecraft-Overviewer) to provide more frequent and more user-friendly map updates.
Unless you specifically wanted more control over when to release world maps, which is fine too.

Timan

Developer
Exano said:
No on the TnT, not yet.

EDIT- New map

If you need hosting for a more zoomed in map, just let me know :p cause you can't see much with that lol

what kind of connection would I need to run a server for two people? or is it possible to invite a non gaffer to the gaf server if I vouch for him? I have someone that just got the game solely to play with me but I can't seem to get a server going that isn't laggy as sin.

JodyAnthony said:
what kind of connection would I need to run a server for two people? or is it possible to invite a non gaffer to the gaf server if I vouch for him? I have someone that just got the game solely to play with me but I can't seem to get a server going that isn't laggy as sin.
You don't need much, I'm running my server off my regular DSL connection (768 kbps upload, I think) and it alright with 3-4 people online. At least, I haven't gotten any complaints about it unless I'm running a torrent or something while people are on.

thespot84

JodyAnthony said:

work it out with the admin, artistdude88 isn't a gaf member, he's been around for a while now...

IlludiumQ36

You'd think with all the money Notch is pulling in, he would FIX HIS LOG-IN SERVERS! I am so sick of Error 503 for URL htttp://www.minecraft.net/game/joinuser=XXXXXXX` and then countless "End of Stream" messages. On top of that, it's kind of stupid to even need to go through his server to play multiplayer AFTER you've ALREADY LOGGED IN to minecraft.net.

*sigh*

Blizzard

Banned
Bradlums said:
minecraft.net is down right now so it's not just his server
They have www.minecraft.net set up to use Amazon servers, just not minecraft.net which is presumably only one machine. I wish they could do that for minecraft.net as well, or at the very least make it a priority to find some solution for logins if they can't farm it out to the cloud servers. I don't even know if they are doing HTTPS yet...I imagine that will hit the servers even harder once they stop sending the password in plaintext.

Exano

Neo Member
IlludiumQ36 said:
You'd think with all the money Notch is pulling in, he would FIX HIS LOG-IN SERVERS! I am so sick of Error 503 for URL htttp://www.minecraft.net/game/joinuser=XXXXXXX` and then countless "End of Stream" messages. On top of that, it's kind of stupid to even need to go through his server to play multiplayer AFTER you've ALREADY LOGGED IN to minecraft.net.

*sigh*

Yeah, I agree.. minecraft.net has been god awful these past couple weeks.

Edit- We could make a login password on the server so we could play even when its offline, but i'm not to sure how secure it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom