• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was starting a new world, tabbed around and when I came back it seemed like the world was half built. I could be wrong, but there are caverns and spires EVERYWHERE as seen below.

Untitled-21.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Dragnet said:
But it looks ugly as shit. Also, this happens if the lava isn't even touching the wood. Notch needs to fix this shit. Hours of base building and collecting materials down the drain.
How close will trigger the fire then?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Dragnet said:
Man, fuck the decision to make lava burn stuff.

I come back from a little mining expedition, pushing my minecart back to my base and..wait what's that?

raget.png

OH SNAP

rage2.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:lol :lol :lol :lol

was waiting for a post like this. sucks, man

Artadius

Dragnet said:
Man, fuck the decision to make lava burn stuff.

I come back from a little mining expedition, pushing my minecart back to my base and..wait what's that?

raget.png

OH SNAP

rage2.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2qckmpy.jpg

Question about natural lava sources: I have one outside my main base, but it doesn't seem to continue to spread to everywhere I dig out, does it have a limit?

2druph.jpg

14e5mpv.jpg

trying to make my Jetson-like sky house is difficult if only for clearing away the surrounding terrain. Ignoring the building which is far from finished, eventually I need to replace that entire sand area with water. Plus I need to build a minecart escape.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hmm, wondering about a mob that can dig through dirt (& sand, gravel?), with some ways to deter it from certain areas.

Also kinda wish you could have pets/farm animals - persistent, some way to guide where they go. Could use a lasso/net to capture them. Rope made from String or Papyrus?

Dragnet

As much as it hated seeing my house on fire, it was kinda cool running around it as the fire got worse. I felt like Spiderman in the scene where he's in the fiery house, or Kick-Ass when he's in the warehouse. Felt badass rushing around trying to save stuff :D

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Drkirby said:
I find it odd he has his land his mine cart tracks are over paved in gold, but lives in a wood house.

I guess people like the wood. And I really just want to yell at him and say "PUT THE FIRE OUT! DON'T JUST STAND THERE, IT ISN'T THAT BIG!"
Yeah I think people like the wood. I haven't even found gold yet.

I was hoping the fire would spread to his other house. :lol

Linkzg said:
how do you go third person in this game?
F5. Not a joke. F11 does fullscreen.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Linkzg said:
thanks

are there any other commands I'm not aware of? all I knew about was how to go full screen

Q drops the items you're currently holding (just found out today). F is fog distance. 1-whatever switches to the corresponding items. T is supposedly chat but I haven't tried it.

Thats all I know.

notsol337

marked forever
I tend to build huts out of dirt until I get cobblestone.

Cobblestone is my favorite. I love mossy cobblestone but it's so rare!

Does anyone know if the moss from mossy cobblestone will grow to regular cobblestone?

KillerAJD

Gah, whenever I try and maximize MC (which lets me still do stuff on my other monitor, which going fullscreen wouldn't allow me to), I can't access the right half of my inventory. It worked perfectly fine up until a few ours ago when I tried F11 to check it out in fullscreen (Thanks superbank! :lol). Well, that's when I noticed it anyways. It even happens if I try and manually make the MC window larger. At a certain point, it starts blocking access to parts of the inventory. Anybody know what's up?

Also, I though I was all good with the lava catching wood on fire...I was wrong :(

2l8f8xt.jpg

Aaron

Lava setting things on fire is both hilarious and awesome. I really hope it stays. It adds another element of life to the game for me.

Ashodin

tfg9000 said:
I could play this game forever, there is always some place to explore or something to build.

Here is the current fort I am working on.

ev748m.jpg
The lava going down the center is amazing

Ferrio

Banned
Nice that it's public, I was really hoping he'd get inventory server side for the first release though. My group will be setting it up on a linux box today I'm sure.

notsol337 said:
I tend to build huts out of dirt until I get cobblestone.

Cobblestone is my favorite. I love mossy cobblestone but it's so rare!

Does anyone know if the moss from mossy cobblestone will grow to regular cobblestone?
pretty sure it doesn't right now, but it's on Notch's list as a maybe for future updates

Sciz

welp

Found my way back out of the first big pit. Found my spawn point again after poking around for fifteen minutes or so, finally resorting to just building a boat and cruising the coastline until something looked familiar. Built a house, a greenhouse, a dock, walled off and lit my little peninsula. Went back out, got lost again, found another real pit, picked up a small fortune in diamonds and gold, got blown up at the bottom by a creeper. :(

Can't wait to do it all again! Going to try and generate a world with some actual landmarks this time.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Ah, work blocks the ports I guess. Will have to wait till I get home, or infect IT with Minecraftness.

Firehead

If anyone manages to get a server to work proper, would you mind if I posted it on the Steam group?
Edit: Got it working! I'll post the server on the Steam group.

I would like to join in with the GAF server if that's ok. I would be happiest just disappearing down the mines for days at a time looking for materials :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, hoped on a random server for a bit, screwed around. Furnace and all the cool stuff is still broken, /iron is still in to get iron (You get 4 bars, but it seems you can only use the command every few minutes), Good fun just seeing thing go up all around me. Stuff near spawn (10-30 bricks) can not be harvested though.

While it is to prevent something like a pool at lava at spawn, you could still be a dick and wall of spawned characters :lol

Don't forget to PM me that server address when it goes live!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bah, Steam group is public anyhow, someone put an announcement saying to goto this IP for testing:
74.182.162.234:25565

Let there be gaffers I say!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Maybe we should set the Steam group to invite only also then?
I'm talking purely to keep our shit safe from griefing lurkers and the like.

EDIT: FUck that server is glitchy, just a little island in the air for me basically. Kept falling through nothingness and dying.

Kept getting killed because i'd walked into a space I had just mined, only for the block to reappear with me inside, but I managed to get a little cliffside house with a door, some coal and a bit of iron and was about to make a chest to store it when it bluescreened my PC :( Restarted, logged back in and it kept spawning me in empty space - think i'll give MP a miss till it's more stable :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The difference between a good server and what ever we were logged onto is quiet a bit. The first server I was on, filled to the brim with players, was not having the problems with the blocks this one was.

I do love how these are going though. Someone builds a structure, others comes to ether help out or to build onto it, and it just gets bigger and bigger. I started adding a trim to a tower, ran out of cobble stone, and when I got back it was finished.

Odd, it seems the sun has come up. And I still need sleep...

I won't be on the server just yet, but does no working furnaces mean no glass? If so then it seems my glass lake masterplan will have to wait :(

I might just have to settle with a Pit of Sparta.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
If another server's needed i can use my laptop or my PC, it'll be on for several hours anyway... i think.
Doesn't want to work... maybe later :/

Javaman

KillerAJD said:
Gah, whenever I try and maximize MC (which lets me still do stuff on my other monitor, which going fullscreen wouldn't allow me to), I can't access the right half of my inventory. It worked perfectly fine up until a few ours ago when I tried F11 to check it out in fullscreen (Thanks superbank! :lol). Well, that's when I noticed it anyways. It even happens if I try and manually make the MC window larger. At a certain point, it starts blocking access to parts of the inventory. Anybody know what's up?

Also, I though I was all good with the lava catching wood on fire...I was wrong :(

I noticed that too. It's like the mouse is clicking over to the side from where it should be clicking. I just manually expand the window to the size of the monitor now. Less smooth looking, but at least it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom