• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Maxrpg said:
Great job! I wonder if I can find nonsnowy world by moving away from my hut.. though I love it so much!
Currently I'm pretty sure it will always be snowy unless you make another world in a different slot. :)

Ashodin

Blizzard said:
Currently I'm pretty sure it will always be snowy unless you make another world in a different slot. :)
hnnnn all that work... Maybe I can make an underground sunny nonsnowy world! :lol :lol :lol

Using glass and mining out a huge surrounding area, I could FORCE the game to make it a verdant paradise! :lol

hey can someone explain to me how to purchase this game? Do I need to be able to understand german? Do I need paypal? Can I use a credit card? After playing with the free program on the website I need to own this game, but have no idea how to purchase haha

I thought it was pretty awesome that when I left in the morning for work everyone was still trying out the multi-player. Then when I came back home and logged onto the server there was so much shit that people created during the day, it was so awesome to check out and explore.

Thanks for hosting the server Firehead, was a lot of fun when not too laggy - I spent the past couple of hours exploring off to the north east, beyond the tree tower, saw one guy excavating a gigantic waterfall and started constructing a great hall inside a nearby mountain where I found an absolutely huge natural cave system, didn't have time to explore it's furthest reaches tonight though.

Taking my server offline. I forgot how bad my old hardware was. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner. Seems like only Razorskin was on there. I'm going to work on the hardware a bit and see what I can do.

Razorskin

----- ------
AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Taking my server offline. I forgot how bad my old hardware was. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner. Seems like only Razorskin was on there. I'm going to work on the hardware a bit and see what I can do.

Yeah I was alone cutting trees for 30 minutes. Then it crashed and tried to get back in but kept falling to death at spawn. It was nice and much more responsive than other servers but definitely needs more people for a real test. Good luck with server setup.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Razorskin said:
Yeah I was alone cutting trees for 30 minutes. Then it crashed and tried to get back in but kept falling to death at spawn. It was nice and much more responsive than other servers but definitely needs more people for a real test. Good luck with server setup.

Damn too late. Was working up to now. Tried to get on just now and the server was already off. The lag regarding mining was less noticable on this one Razorskin?

Razorskin

----- ------
Toma said:
Damn too late. Was working up to now. Tried to get on just now and the server was already off. The lag regarding mining was less noticable on this one Razorskin?

Yes, I mined a bit and there was no blocks reappearing after i broke them and I was to pick up blocks and ores instantly after breaking. Though these results don't mean much when there was only 2 people on the server.

Yeah, I haven't run anything strenuous on that hardware in about a year and a half. It's full of dust and needs to be cleaned out. I think it's overheating. I'm gonna let it cool down for a while and see what happens.

SpacLock

After reading this through some of this thread I decided to purchase this game.

A couple questions:

1. I have a Mac. Can I only play this game through a browser?
2. What are the plans for GAF multiplayer and is there enough room for me?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've finally completed the OT banner! :lol

That's for the Online thread, but it can be used here too, if the original poster wants to update the first post.

There you go:

0137680001280969161.png

Took a couple of hours to make. Had to clean up the field, and then there was the fucking grass and the fucking lava. :lol

Brazil said:

That's for the Online thread, but it can be used here too, if the original poster wants to update the first post.

There you go:

0137680001280969161.png

Took a couple of hours to make. Had to clean up the field, and then there was the fucking grass and the fucking lava. :lol
'THREAD' is slightly too far to the right. I demand you dig it all up and start again!

Seriously, great work.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
LovingSteam said:
AMAZING!!!! OMG! That is so awesome!

How did you map it out so perfectly? Is there a way to fly above or something?
Actually I didn't map it perfectly at all, haha. I just went by instinct.

See:

OgTheClever said:
'THREAD' is slightly too far to the right. I demand you dig it all up and start again!

Seriously, great work.
:lol

Thanks, haha.

MrMister said:
AbortedWalrusFetus I PM'd you a while ago about joining your server and you haven't responded back yet.

I took the server offline for the time being. I need to do some hardware maintenance as I think the machine is overheating.

blahness said:
i used a credit card i dont know wtf everyone else is talking about when saying no there is not another way

*raises eyebrow*

this is good news! I will check around the purchase part of the site and figure it out

blahness

JetBlackPanda said:
*raises eyebrow*

this is good news! I will check around the purchase part of the site and figure it out

it will get to a point where it looks like it wants you to log into paypal but if you look below that box you have an option to continue without logging in

Razorskin said:
Wait I read that as if you need to use paypal to pay, sorry about that a little busy in the server.

its ok thanks for trying to help :D

ps. I don't know how long you have had that tag but its awesome

SpacLock

OK, I think I purchased it, but I'm not sure if the payment went through.

All I know is that the option to buy has vanished from the main page. Help!

Razorskin

----- ------
SpacLock said:
OK, I think I purchased it, but I'm not sure if the payment went through.

All I know is that the option to buy has vanished from the main page. Help!

That disappears when you buy the game so I guess it went through

SpacLock

Razorskin said:
That disappears when you buy the game so I guess it went through

Thanks! Yeah, I figured since it allowed me to download the latest and log in, etc.

How do i play with you guys? Do I need a password?

Ashodin

Brazil said:

There you go:

0137680001280969161.png

awesomeeeeeee

OatmealMu

Does anyone know how to limit player counts? I'm using the GUI version right now but will switch versions if it means more flexibility.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Brazil said:

There you go:

0137680001280969161.png

holy shit

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Brazil said:

There you go:

-=BANNER=-

Awesome! I stuck it in the OP in this thread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom