• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ranger X

Yes this is indeed exciting.
I actually can't wait to see where the game will go and if it will be updated alot. Sometimes I fear it will stop and miss it's incredible potential. Anyhow, it's not like right now I am not having fun, I am completely addicted and this could last very long!!

Grinchy said:
Waking up to a mob that spawned over you is getting kind of annoying.

I've never actually had this happen. Put a fair amount of torches near your bed, don't put it flush against any outside walls or floors 1 block thick (unless the floor below it is also safe), I sleep through every night without incident.

If you have to, put your bed on the second level of your house if you can, it makes it much trickier for a mob to get into range in the first place.

Ranger X

Kulock said:
I've never actually had this happen. Put a fair amount of torches near your bed, don't put it flush against any outside walls or floors 1 block thick (unless the floor below it is also safe), I sleep through every night without incident.

If you have to, put your bed on the second level of your house if you can, it makes it much trickier for a mob to get into range in the first place.

Even with just one block thick it shouldn't happen if you light up your house properly.
You only have to sure it's also one block thick in the corners. Sometimes people might want to save those blocks but this let quite anything to spawn into your house.

I've got big plans for my abode on the Asscraft server. First, I want to make a water elevator for the Ewok Village, and I want to start delving deeper into the cavern I started beneath the Tree Farm. This weekend should be a good chance for me to do these things. I'm excited and can't wait to get off work!!!

pirata

Just contributed to the Minecraft documentary. Gonna have my name in the credits! :)

Also, I second the sentiment about Craftbook. It's like an electricity black-out in Gafland right now. The trains don't work! The elevators don't work! Our security doesn't work!

So I'm thinking about adding thee kind of trees around East Point on Exano's server(Would prefer one with a little more foliage at top, but same general shape) :

iXOpL.png

They look very similar to Stone Pines, a type of tree that is pretty common in Rome:

Example:
2YNoF.jpg

Any one have any thoughts/suggestions/disagreements about this plan?

Frostburn

WolfofMebu said:
So I'm thinking about adding thee kind of trees around East Point on Exano's server(Would prefer one with a little more foliage at top, but same general shape) :

iXOpL.png

What mod/mods are you using?

Jasoco

Banned
CaptainAhab said:
I've been playing this game since last summer and I still haven't seen a single slime. Are they for real?
Yes. I found ONE so far. And later found 6 slimeballs instead. Slimes were broken for a while. They should be working fine now.

Ranger X

Everytime I went to the bottom of the Earth I encountered slimes. And multiple of them.
They were always somewhere not to far from lava, very deep in the ground/caves.

I just heard one yesterday near my arrow factory. Took a while to figure out the sound was it had been so long since I'd heard it in videos, heh.

Max

I am not Max
is there a map of Exano's anywhere? i found someones pyramid thing and have no idea how to get home.

11 diamonds on the line.

bengraven

Exano, your server is dope. Jumped off the rails and found a mine that I'm going to exploit, then create a large ranch/castle around it that can be seen from the rails.

Vlad, your tree house/floating island is dope as well.

Great server.

Exano

Neo Member
Hey, if you guys want we really should link our three servers up through Hey0 and I believe Bukkit's IRC relay mod

EDIT-
Also in the post the port is messed up :p

yep, good number of people playing on Exano's server, good times.

Playing my first real game of minecraft now, spent I dunno 6 or 7 hours working on my... abomination. Now that 2/3 of the structural supports are finished, I am truly amazed by just how horribly ugly this thing is turning out to be. I thought over the long hours it would just start to look like something, but it still has the appearance of exactly what it is; my random ideas as they come, with little or no coherent theme or apparent purpose. I was well prepared for this eventuality, and I stuck a prophetic sign in front of my first wooden shack: Welcome to Derpland.

If you'd like to visit Derpland on Ex's server, just log on in and take the bridge north from the spawn (curiously the only direction without a sign), before you go far at all you'll see 3 granite blocks stacked on a tiny island off to the right. Not far beyond is an island, with my base on the far side. I have a mine with access to a pretty rich (seemingly) diamond vein, just follow the signs that say bedrock access.

Enco

Exano said:
Hey, if you guys want we really should link our three servers up through Hey0 and I believe Bukkit's IRC relay mod

EDIT-
Also in the post the port is messed up :p
Would be awesome!

elwes

My friend started up a server awhile ago and we created a adequate base within a mountain, but we drifted away from the game after awhile. Now we're back at it and playing with another person.

Since he doesn't keep his server running since it's his home PC and it apparently gets loud when the server is up, he just sends me the region file to screw around with between the times that we play.

Combine this with some scary OCD tendencies and having exorbitant amounts of time to kill since I work the graveyard shift and have off three nights a week, and you get an 18 hour marathon session of Minecraft.

I completely went through our old base setup and not only redid everything to look uniform, but completely revamped the makeshift constructions we did when we were first starting off. I turned a crappy little five-by-five staircase into a work of art, hollowed out a ridiculous amount of area within the mountain, and made all of the walls, the ceiling, and the floor uniformly textured. I made a huge room full of lava tubes last night and I'm in the process of turning our underground river into something vast and foreboding.

Oh, and theres the giant stick figure ejaculating into the sky.

I'm going to take some pictures soon and I'll post them on here.
ejaculating stickman figure not included

Falt

Hey guys, it's been a while!

Tried connecting to Exano's server and I'm getting "Failed to connect to server. Unknown Host"

Is it just me?

Grinchy

Banned
Vlad said:
I've had good luck finding squid deep in large bodies of water. One thing to remember is that they make the "walking on dirt" sound when moving around, so that's something to listen for. Another neat trick is that whenever you hit F to toggle view distance, creatures are drawn first before the terrain. If you swim around above the surface during the day and repeatedly hit F, you can often see where squid are that way.

Thanks! That might help a lot!

Kulock said:

I use torches and I actually have two stacks of jack-o-lanterns but it's possible that I haven't lit it properly. I just put my bed in a big master bedroom so maybe that's my issue.

Kuran

Banned
Great work guys.

Not for me though, I prefer to 'roleplay' in Minecraft instead of building cool stuff that doesn't really work in the universe.

Mik2121

animlboogy said:
My provider has craftbukkit support. I'd love to link up with the other GAF servers. What do we need to do?
Man, I-d love to see a map from Asscraft view from above like the one Timan did or at least a picture! The tall trees area has evolved so much :p

Enco

Falt said:
Hey guys, it's been a while!

Tried connecting to Exano's server and I'm getting "Failed to connect to server. Unknown Host"

Is it just me?
The op server is wrong.

Replace the last . with a :

Needs to be fixed.

Timan

Developer
Forkball said:
Looks cool. But yeah, if you can, try to get it to live update. My sword looks like a USB flash drive in that picture.

Although maybe a giant USB should be my next project...

Haha, it does look like a giant usb thumbstick thing.

Blizzard

Banned
If anyone is interested and did not see the blog update, C418 has released an album for $4 USD that has all the Minecraft music in high quality as well as some unreleased tracks, occasionally. It looks like around 53 minutes total, and you can listen for free before buying:

http://c418.bandcamp.com/album/minecraft-volume-alpha

*edit* It's not a long song, but I'm loving Moog City. :)

Mik2121

maniac-kun said:
Create a new world and use this seed: 3666440496532277820
Thats hard mode.
Damn! After dying some 3 or 4 times, I was able to stop the spiders from reaching me and started making my way out of that area. Then, when I got outside there were no trees at all, why!!? :( But right now I'm sitting at the top of a tree in a small cabin, waiting for the sun to show up again :p

Ranger X

I don't know if its frequent but in my seed (wich was random, sadly I don't know the seed name) I have HUGE caves that naturally are going down and until you reach the bottom of the earth. You don't even have to mine, you can simply collect what's on the way and you have chests full of alot of things.

I have alot of fun right exploring the maze of yet another of those epic caves, It really is a ton of fun. :)

Enco

Ranger X said:
I don't know if its frequent but in my seed (wich was random, sadly I don't know the seed name) I have HUGE caves that naturally are going down and until you reach the bottom of the earth. You don't even have to mine, you can simply collect what's on the way and you have chests full of alot of things.

I have alot of fun right exploring the maze of yet another of those epic caves, It really is a ton of fun. :)
You can try:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/minecraft/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-58225711&pid=606524

Mik2121

Wow, using my nickname (Mik2121) as the seed creates a pretty kickass island with lakes and stuff. Yet another reason why I'm so awesome :_)

:p

Mik2121 said:
Damn! After dying some 3 or 4 times, I was able to stop the spiders from reaching me and started making my way out of that area. Then, when I got outside there were no trees at all, why!!? :( But right now I'm sitting at the top of a tree in a small cabin, waiting for the sun to show up again :p

how is this even possible? did you fist-mine your way out?

Xun

PushTheButtonMax said:
This is magnificent. Did you include Walt's secret apartment?
I will be yeah, although nowadays its not really a secret (you can win a stay in it).

Ranger X

Epic caves are awesome. Litterally like an underground city of mobs. I've been going through it for the whole day today and the whole evening yesterday. I am not done yet, not done at all because I am actually finding more galleries and corridors than ever right now. *cries*

EpicCave01.png

There's been multiple slimes in all my caves so far.

EpicCave02.png

It never stops to be like this. You think you're done exploring but you still fall into this type of mega room to explore...

EpicCave03.png

Slimes are so cute and look so innofensive that I am trying not to kill them lol.

EpicCave04.png

Seriously this cave is fucking big. It never fucking stops. I'll see if I'll have enough of the rest of the week-end to finish exploring it. I will also give you the seed of that world later (got that little soft to check the name of your random seed).

Also, is there a way to check coordinates in the game? I could give you all the locations of my epic caves.

:)

Top Bottom