• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ranger X said:
So what's the IP for Tinman's server? it's not written in the OP.
I dont want to be a pain but the other guy's server is nowwhere to be seen either. There's a link to his blog in the OP but the server IP isn't on the blog...

I hope Exano will at least divulge his.

It is the third post down.

Blizzard said:
"this millenium"

Hopefully sooner rather than later. And I'd love to be able to keep pet sheep etc. in a fenced-in area where they won't despawn. :) More animals are good though!

And come on, Notch, at least make pigs steerable and so you don't lose the saddle. >.>
I'm okay if they are like strays where they won't get killed during the night. >.<

Eccocid

Whoa been playing with fellow gaffers for hours on ASSCRAFT town.
Salmonboy and me decided to make the most impressive swimming pool in Asscraft town lol.

FRLmG.jpg

the pool has a glass surface and lit by torches beneath the surface.

also we did a mining run but no diamond :/

Blizzard

Banned
S.W. said:
Didn't earlier he say that hes gonna meet with Peter Molyneux?
He already did, and I thought of that when I read the pet dog thing. Of course, he said someone IMPORTANT so it couldn't be Peter. ;p

itxaka

Defeatist
So guys, do you have any tips I can use to get more performance out of minecraft?

I work some night shift where I have fuck nothing do and some minecraft would help me trought the night but the computers at work are crap.

Core2duo@3.6
3,5Gb ram
Intel series 4 internal

As youc an see they are crap in the gpu but I was hoping there was something I could do to boost performance for some stable 30fps. :(

Mik2121

Help guys! I just purchased and I tried to play it, but this thing slow downs like crazy. Like, probably under 1FPS. I don't understand why :(

I've played the browser classic version a lot and it always worked incredibly smoothly. I sometimes play more graphics-heavy games like Alien Swarm (the free game in Steam) and it works smoothly too.

Any idea why this could be happening? :( I can't wait to start creating my perfect world, but it seems like it's harder than I expected :(

Edit - Also, it doesn't go slow only in-game, but in the actual menus too. What the hell? :(

Jasoco

Banned
Brazil said:
The address has already been added to the OP, Timan.

Those are pretty cool ideas. I've always thought of the passive mobs as wasted opportunities the way they ware now in the game.

You should throw them in Get Satisfaction and link us the page so we can bump it.
Pretty sure it's been suggested there multiple times. I'll find one of the highest threads.

Here's a few really low ones:
http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/shepherd_stick_branding_tool
http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/animal_domestication
http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/t..._in_pastures_2_animals_will_slowly_spawn_more
http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/t..._captive_animal_idea_functionality_for_fences

Actually, it goes on. There's no one thread that's high up. So search and pick one.

Mik2121 said:
Help guys! I just purchased and I tried to play it, but this thing slow downs like crazy. Like, probably under 1FPS. I don't understand why :(

I've played the browser classic version a lot and it always worked incredibly smoothly. I sometimes play more graphics-heavy games like Alien Swarm (the free game in Steam) and it works smoothly too.

Any idea why this could be happening? :( I can't wait to start creating my perfect world, but it seems like it's harder than I expected :(

Edit - Also, it doesn't go slow only in-game, but in the actual menus too. What the hell? :(
Check your graphics settings.

Try changing from Fancy to Fast graphics and from Far to Normal detail. Or less.

Mik2121

Jasoco said:
Pretty sure it's been suggested there multiple times. I'll find one of the highest threads.

Here's a few really low ones:
http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/shepherd_stick_branding_tool
http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/topics/animal_domestication
http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/t..._in_pastures_2_animals_will_slowly_spawn_more
http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang/t..._captive_animal_idea_functionality_for_fences

Actually, it goes on. There's no one thread that's high up. So search and pick one.

Check your graphics settings.

Try changing from Fancy to Fast graphics and from Far to Normal detail. Or less.
I did that. And it goes smoothly at first, but then it starts to go super-slow. I wonder why.. :(

I'll check my drivers just in case..

Salmon

Eccocid said:
Whoa been playing with fellow gaffers for hours on ASSCRAFT town.
Salmonboy and me decided to make the most impressive swimming pool in Asscraft town lol.

FRLmG.jpg

the pool has a glass surface and lit by torches beneath the surface.

also we did a mining run but no diamond :/
Hey dude! Nice screenshot :)

The Treehouse
lIHQJ.jpg

Inside view:
CU0dr.png

Mik2121

Is people still playing in the Asscraft server?

I'm in the spawn point and I just CAN'T leave the room. I get stuck in the door, and if I try to open a hole somewhere, it closes before I can get out. Why? :S

Eccocid

Mik2121 said:
Is people still playing in the Asscraft server?

I'm in the spawn point and I just CAN'T leave the room. I get stuck in the door, and if I try to open a hole somewhere, it closes before I can get out. Why? :S

Yeah thats a common problem in ASSCRAFT happened to me several times too and admin had to teleport me. I think we should destroy that building at spawn point. People cant leave it.

Eccocid

ok i tried to help Mik now we both got stucked in spawn point...cant get out from that house in ASSCRAFT! pls halp!

Timan

Developer
More screenies.... GAF Land resurrected? :O (thankfully spot had backups!)

Just moved some of the builds from the old server to the new creative server.

20110302_1509pngb4db1.png

20110302_1549png5999c.png

20110302_1538png7f0a4.png

20110302_1536png1fbe0.png

Sorry for crap pics, game keeps crashing on me.

That's just incredible.

I feel embarrassed asking such a basic question after that post, but here it is: When I'm building a portal using lava and water, I have to kill off a lava source block for each layer at least, right? (I hope I don't have to do one for every block.) I know about the infinite water trick, but I don't think there's one for lava.

Vlad

Kulock said:
That's just incredible.

I feel embarrassed asking such a basic question after that post, but here it is: When I'm building a portal using lava and water, I have to kill off a lava source block for each layer at least, right? (I hope I don't have to do one for every block.) I know about the infinite water trick, but I don't think there's one for lava.

Nope, you have to use a lava source block for every block of the portal. You can cheat a little bit and leave the corners off, though. So instead of having the full rows of four on the top and bottom, you'd just have two rows of two, with two columns of three on the outside.

Vlad said:
Nope, you have to use a lava source block for every block of the portal. You can cheat a little bit and leave the corners off, though. So instead of having the full rows of four on the top and bottom, you'd just have two rows of two, with two columns of three on the outside.

I was afraid of that, that's going to be a few trips back and forth. Alright, thank you.

Kulock said:
I was afraid of that, that's going to be a few trips back and forth. Alright, thank you.

What would you prefer, getting a couple buckets from iron, or using up diamonds (after finding it) to make a pick and then hack around at lava level for some obsidian. Shit sucks, but oh well.

Onion_Relish said:
What would you prefer, getting a couple buckets from iron, or using up diamonds (after finding it) to make a pick and then hack around at lava level for some obsidian. Shit sucks, but oh well.

...Wow, I wasn't seriously complaining that much, it's just a long trip down into my mines to find viable standing lava at the moment.

Wool

I don't really see how anyone prefers making that mold and using a whole bunch of lava source blocks and buckets to make a portal instead of just making a diamond pick axe. What else are you guys going to use diamonds for!? I use diamond for all of my tools except for the hoe, since it wouldn't speed anything up.

notsol337

marked forever
rdelaney said:
I don't really see how anyone prefers making that mold and using a whole bunch of lava source blocks and buckets to make a portal instead of just making a diamond pick axe. What else are you guys going to use diamonds for!? I use diamond for all of my tools except for the hoe, since it wouldn't speed anything up.

Making a mold is more fun, and diamonds are much better spent on swords and armor, in my opinion.

kennah

Timan said:

20110302_1509pngb4db1.png

20110302_1549png5999c.png

20110302_1538png7f0a4.png

20110302_1536png1fbe0.png

Meeeeeemmmmooorrriiieeeesssss. I miss that server. I miss it a lot.

Eccocid said:
ok i tried to help Mik now we both got stucked in spawn point...cant get out from that house in ASSCRAFT! pls halp!

I was able to get out. But keep in mind I'm a winner (not unlike Charlie fucking Sheen)

Ranger X

rdelaney said:

Pretty simple, I was mining since forever and deep -- still didn't find diamonds. Making that mold did let me go into the Nether MUCH faster than mining diamonds.

Vlad

kennah said:
Meeeeeemmmmooorrriiieeeesssss. I miss that server. I miss it a lot.

Ditto. That was my first Minecraft multiplayer experience, so there's a special emotional attachment to that place.

Timan said:

<pictures>

Resurrect my obstacle course, thanks.

Ranger X

hahaha just been to Asscraft and Tinman's servers, you guys are building great things! Enormous amount of passion and dedication there.

How the hell much time did it take to make the bridge to the Neogaf stadium? It's in freaking diamonds and gold!! This takes forever to mine. LOLOL

By the way, my nick is Wyzdom in the game.

Forkball

Is there any FAQ or general tips for exano's server? I'm new to SMP. When people say coordinates, how do I find out where that is?

Eccocid

Forkball said:
Is there any FAQ or general tips for exano's server? I'm new to SMP. When people say coordinates, how do I find out where that is?

Follow the sandwall with lava waterfalls across the river you will see giant trees and a village looks like built by ewoks!

eso76

Minecraft is better than Lego.

I would like to build a world for people to download and play in, hiding chests and designing quests and beautiful landscapes.
I have so many ideas, but too little time to do it.

Ranger X

Cool. Just realised that it wasn't the game's screenshot function not working for me but that my keyboard had a "F lock" and it wasn't on.

SpawnpointHouse.png

My home sweet home at the spawnpoint in my world. No extravaganza but it does the job. :)

Mik2121

g56ET.png

The tree houses and the sky bridge!.

The house on the left is GimmeCat's (eccocid here), the one in the middle is salmonboy's (salmon here) and the one on the right is mine.

kennah

bathala said:
I'm so lost with the new server. how do i go about naming one of this house as my shack?
You build your own, chances are if something is built, it belongs to someone else.

Mik2121

I just set myself into a quest all the way to the East (ie, from where the sun rises) to find some new areas and also pack myself with lots of ore to build more stuff. I still don't even have torches because I've been only gathering wood, but I will start to make a path with torches so other people can follow (all this in the Asscraft server btw).

Eccocid

i am super lagging mik...my msgs lag for like one minute and i just died randomly lol last post from you was "seeyou!" lol

Exano

Neo Member
Hey guys, we're up to 1.3 over here.

Everything is back except for Craft book, we should be up later on today or early tomorrow with it.

randomwab

Exano said:

Everything is back except for Craft book, we should be up later on today or early tomorrow with it.

I just downgraded last night to play on the server. :lol:

Xun

Exano said:

It just keeps saying "Unknown host"?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I think I'm going to dive into this. Any reason not to? :D

Top Bottom