• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ark

bengraven said:
Let's clear all the open spaces we can. But we also need railroad tracks.

Ark, gift me some railroad stuff and cobble and i'll try and line the tracks up from spawn to Al-Medina/BB/etc.

Why do we need to clear open spaces? o_o

HenryHSH

bengraven said:
BTW, whomever of you is HenryHSH, thanks a ton for your help building my gate last night!

He wanted to play with pistons for the first time and I'm confused by redstone, so he helped out a lot.

Now to eventually build the trap I had planned, but I don't want to potentially fuck up the setup. ha

You're welcome! It was fun to do.

Ark

Ranger X said:
Maybe he means clearing all the empty chunks we can so they regenerate for 1.8

Oh right, yeah that's gunna happen for sure. Hopefully Toki gets the current map cleaned up in the next few days too.

Toki1776

bengraven said:
Yep, exactly.

I'm trying to find one of the few open spots right now, though, to find clay. :p

Well, may as well go off looking as far as you want. I will trim the map down tonight, when there's a bit less traffic on the server... It will take a little time, and I don't want to inconvenience anyone too much by taking the server down. I will post here both when I'm starting and finishing the maintenance, just to give some warning.

Are there any good skin recommendations now I've installed the Yogbox? I'm not too keen on the one it supplies but I'm guessing a lot of skins will be broken because of all the stuff added.

Man, why on earth would Notch make an item require slime balls but not increase the rate at which slimes spawn? Just spent an hour spelunking random caves and didn't find a single one. :(

Ark

Bootaaay said:
Man, why on earth would Notch make an item require slime balls but not increase the rate at which slimes spawn? Just spent an hour spelunking random caves and didn't find a single one. :(

Guess I've got a new item to fill the community chests with other than leaves now.

Ark

Hey Henry, is it ok if I start building a hotel on that giant lot of sand next to the mosque? I wont make it too close, I just wanted to check beforehand.

The mosque looks great though! I really can't wait to see it finished. I'd be more than happy to help with the interior too if you still want help. What texture pack is that btw?

EDIT:

Kinda disappointing that there's only 4 people online, when there were 12+ people online at this time yesterday.

HenryHSH

Yeah, you're free to build next to the mosque. I think Vas started building something though, but you can easily fit it behind his. I only need the back of the mosque clear.

And I would definitely appreciate the help with the interior! :D

Edit: The texture pack I'm using: http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_pack/ovos-rustic-pack/
Also, this is a forum post with a ton of texture packs with sample pictures for each. It's what I use to pick which texture pack to use. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/10790-texture-pack-central-mods-tools-maps-list

Ark

crackhead_bob said:
I need the actual isp address, I believe.

You need to quote Bootay's post, enter that IP into the MC multiplayer thing, then press connect.

EDIT:

I saw this and had to post it here:

J6hzw.png

Granchy is actually online! :p

Jasoco

Banned
I decided to go back into my single player world and assess the damage caused by 1.6. They had changed something with how fire spreads and it caused all my houses, which use stone walls and wooden roofs, to catch fire. My houses look beautiful and classic. I love them. But silly silly fire physics screwed up and the first time I logged in after 1.6, I found my house on fire. Then I found my condos on fire too. So I decided to abandon the waterfront condo project I was working on.

0bEtc.jpg

I think it looks cool though with them half-finished. Like the project ran out of money. I guess I should really put the fires in the fireplaces out though since no one is going to live in them. You can see how one of the fires spread to the front because I got tired of chasing the fires and rebuilding those fucking roofs so until I figure out a way to keep the fire from reaching the wood (The fire is surrounded by stone. It should NOT catch! But it does!!! So I'll do some testing before 1.8 and after to make sure I can rebuild the houses.) Also, that's a 4 star restaurant on the corner.

Looks pretty cool at night too...
hHrOD.jpg

I love how my houses look (You can see the one I built in the distance) and plan on building a village of them eventually like I did in my previous world before the last big update.
1XCXI.jpg

My house style. I could build a farm on the server if I could find a flat enough area of land and farming were more fleshed out. (Those waterwheels from that Mod would be amazing to use.)

HenryHSH

Ark said:
You need to quote Bootay's post, enter that IP into the MC multiplayer thing, then press connect.

EDIT:

I saw this and had to post it here:

J6hzw.png

Granchy is actually online! :p

Not Granchy. I repeat NOT Granchy. It's an imposter. :p

bengraven

Jas, I really love how you do those roof windows.

I had a little Dutch farm on another server one time and kind of miss it.

Grinchy

Banned
Al-Medina is awesome. There are some really awesome places in it with a style to them that just fits so well. I need to find the library again.

895L3.jpg

Mik2121

We should take some screenshots of Al-medina. Bootybay was quite big and neat, but Al-Medina beats it. The town is quite large now and it all blends so nicely.

HenryHSH

Here's a view of al-medina from the mosque.

Grinchy's texture pack looks awesome which one is it?

Edit: oh oh, just found a screenshot of my first project on NeoCraft. Doesn't include the pipe which hadn't been built yet.

They have since been destroyed, because I started building Peach's castle and realized that I wasn't having fun finding wool all day and mixing dyes. At least now I have a whole lot of colored wool I can use on the mosque! :)

Some screens of my creations on the server so far.

- Front Gate
34zeiau.png

- Temple kind of thing.
239suh.png

- Wall, Tower and a basic Castle.
2sb4sah.png

- up close Castle shot.
34y9ojq.png

- the Town/Village
28qvkih.png

- and my Ship!
efgs34.png

Rabbit Lord said:
Some screens of my creations on the server so far.

- Front Gate

- Temple kind of thing.

- Wall, Tower and a basic Castle.

- up close Castle shot.

- the Town/Village

- and my Ship!
That stuff looks amazing.

dejay

Banned
I've never ventured into multi player. Al-medina looks really well done. Is it based on anything in real life. I'm guessing it's the ancient town in Egypt, based on my cunning Wikipedia skills. You guys don't mind sightseers dropping in?

dejay said:
I've never ventured into multi player. Al-medina looks really well done. Is it based on anything in real life. I'm guessing it's the ancient town in Egypt, based on my cunning Wikipedia skills. You guys don't mind sightseers dropping in?
Sure take a walk on the gaf server

Getting close to finishing my project on neocraft. Have some more terraforming to do and a little work to do on the inside of the structure.

Ark

Mik2121 said:
I'm in Al-Medina now. Where should I look? BTW I'm alone right now.. this is so sad :(

I'll be on in about 3-4 hours from now, gotta finish up watching the last two episodes of season 4 of LOST :p

Then I'll get to work on my hotel.

You know, we could make an Al-Medina flag or something.

Glasswork

Ark said:
I'll be on in about 3-4 hours from now, gotta finish up watching the last two episodes of season 4 of LOST :p

Then I'll get to work on my hotel.

You know, we could make an Al-Medina flag or something.

I suggest something like the flag of Qatar:
Qatar-Flag.gif

Except orange and grey of course :)

I love making flags for my cities and stuff. Gives them character. I usually just do two solid colors, though. Its easier to scale done to small sizes. Like my current castle town just uses red and white, one of each hanging as banners around the gate, with a bigger version flying over the tower.

Ark

Glasswork said:
I suggest something like the flag of Qatar:
Qatar-Flag.gif

Except orange and grey of course :)

No bias there :p

EskimoJoe said:
I love making flags for my cities and stuff. Gives them character. I usually just do two solid colors, though. Its easier to scale done to small sizes. Like my current castle town just uses red and white, one of each hanging as banners around the gate, with a bigger version flying over the tower.

That's the sorta idea I had in mind.

guest1321

WolfofMebu said:
Getting close to finishing my project on neocraft. Have some more terraforming to do and a little work to do on the inside of the structure.

Thats pretty cool man. I like how you have the chains holding the middle tower up. The size of the chains give the middle of it this feel of being a super heavy mass of land. Kind of applies gravity where it doesn't exist!

Toki1776

Congrats, Glass!
Well, didn't get a chance to trim the world last night, but tonight I will for sure.
Also, a new map is currently rendering. Up to 227 unique players! It's definitely nice to see the server picking back up; I hear we had 17/17 on a couple days ago. Some amazing work going up, too, what with all the Al-Medina stuff (the mosque looks great!), and the sewers. Great work, everyone!

Top Bottom