• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

v0mitg0d

I need some help.

I upgraded the MP server in our home and we lost our world data. I was sure to make a backup copy of the entire server directory (including the "World" folder) and after executing the new server .exe I copied over the world folder and it loaded up a completely different work. So weird and I have no idea what's going on.

Has anyone run into this? Also, what steps do you guys take to backup/upgrade the neoserver so you don't lose any data?

Ark

Rabbit Lord said:
crusaders spotted off the coast of Al-Medina.

z3jls.png

Hahaha, this is awesome.

Someone needs to build a dock at Al-Medina now ;)

Ark

Lol, since Toki is away for a few days, I said I'd take care of the map trimming.

But every time I go to do it, there's always a whole bunch of people online! I'm not gunna take down the server when there's 6+ people online, damn activity lol :p

Vlad

Looks like 1.8 keeps getting better and better:

Notch on Twitter said:
Coming soon to 1.8: hold-to-charge bows. Finished up some of the backing tech for it today. Then we played OpenTTD.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Mirk said:
Looks like it. There is a 1.7.3 updated tried that still borked.

Maybe Ark is just cleaning the map up? I hope the server is up tonight, I really want to play some.

Ark

Mengy said:
Maybe Ark is just cleaning the map up? I hope the server is up tonight, I really want to play some.

Wasn't me, it derped out on its self, I was playing TF2 o_o

The server's working fine now.

Jasoco

Banned
Ranger X said:
Man, the block popping sound is HORRIBLE. Really really fucking horrible. Like almost game breaking to me. It also get higher in pitch, the most blocks you pop in a row. Eww...
Yeah, it's weird, but fuck, at least water makes sounds and there are birds in the background. I just hope there are actually birds.

Ranger X

Jasoco said:
Yeah, it's weird, but fuck, at least water makes sounds and there are birds in the background. I just hope there are actually birds.

The rest is awesome. It's just that I just got shocked by the block sound.

bengraven

Finally true bows!

Better make them more powerful though. Spending 3 seconds launching machine gun arrows into a zombie and still getting hit sucks.

also, i really can't think of anything cool for al-medina. I found a nice corner in town to build on, just eh.

Vespene

So I've been planning to build in Minecraft the Red Keep from Game of Thrones. I want it to have all the rooms, corridors, gardens and plazas from the show while retaining the architecture from the exterior shots. To keep things to scale, it would require some extensive placement planning since I discovered some of the stuff just wouldn't fit in the way its depicted on the show.

I went ahead and modeled it in Maya with all the interiors roughly where they should be. The scale would be huge. A rough estimate would make the structure a little under 300 blocks high, from water level to the tallest tower. I've been looking at mods to increase the vertical block limit but so far everything I've tried doesn't work with the current version of the game. Any ideas?

redkeeprendernorth.jpg

redkeeprendersouthh.jpg

redkeeprenderwest.png

Lax Mike

Neo Member
You could try to create a lake or something similar below Sea-level, and build it there, though you'd probably have to find somewhere with very low-lying surrounding area if you want it to look accurate from a distance.

Also, I want to join the server (It looks really impressive), but can someone provide me with the IP?

commissar

I made a video of the vault I've been working on this past week. (here)

Figuring out how redstone works has been a mission, but also really rewarding :D
Especially the time I made a double switch and vertical propagator and then realised all I needed to do was use a button. That was the best :|

Anyway you can check it out in Al-Medina if you want.

commissar said:

Figuring out how redstone works has been a mission, but also really rewarding :D
Especially the time I made a double switch and vertical propagator and then realised all I needed to do was use a button. That was the best :|

Neat! You have the same kind of elevator I'm working on! Except my laptop is so crappy it glitches more often than it works. :(

commissar said:

That is really good stuff.

Jasoco

Banned
commissar said:

What the fuuuuuuuu.....

Diagram please!!!!!!

Mik2121

Hey guys! There's something going on around the Spawn area in NeoCraft!.

ln8Wz.jpg

Everything that was sand before, is grass now and there are lots of trees growing! Not everything has changed yet, but it will during the next 24 hours or so :O

(vas_a_morir and I spent the last two hours or so modifying the spawn area by hand.. lol)

I took a pic from above, in the rain, but it looks much better if you're walking around there.

blamite

Ranger X said:
Man, the block popping sound is HORRIBLE. Really really fucking horrible. Like almost game breaking to me. It also get higher in pitch, the most blocks you pop in a row. Eww...
Look at the date though, that video's like two years old.

So I haven't been playing Minecraft much lately since my friends' server has been down for a while. I've been thinking about popping into Neocraft of one of the other servers you guys have going, but I really suck at building. The biggest thing I ever made was a 35 block tall tower made of different colors of wool, meanwhile my friends make houses awesome houses and floating castles and shit. So what would be a good server where I could just mess with building simple stuff, and help people get resources and stuff?

Hey ya'll! Here's some pictures of my Piston Powered Wheat Harvester 1400 in action! There are thirteen tiers of 13x4 + one 13x8 at the bottom of planted wheat, and the water pushes it all down to a collecting ditch :)

It's located behind the Sphinx in Al-Medina if anyone wants to play with it, and there are plenty of bones to turn into bonemeal thanks to lms340 and Glasswork in the chests there :)

You need the secret passcode.
Quote to see

What quote? I only logged on here a couple weeks ago, and Im not even sure which of the pages to look through.

crackhead_bob said:
What quote? I only logged on here a couple weeks ago, and Im not even sure which of the pages to look through.

If you press the quote button underneath Henry's username you will find the server address hidden in email tags.

Ark

Mik2121 said:
Hey guys! There's something going on around the Spawn area in NeoCraft!.

http://i.imgur.com/ln8Wz.jpg[IMG]

Everything that was sand before, is grass now and there are lots of trees growing! Not everything has changed yet, but it will during the next 24 hours or so :O

(vas_a_morir and I spent the last two hours or so modifying the spawn area by hand.. lol)

I took a pic from above, in the rain, but it looks much better if you're walking around there.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, haha! You've certainly made the spawn slightly more interesting again :)

Henry, that wheat farm is....awesome o_o

Ranger X

blamite said:
Look at the date though, that video's like two years old.

So I haven't been playing Minecraft much lately since my friends' server has been down for a while. I've been thinking about popping into Neocraft of one of the other servers you guys have going, but I really suck at building. The biggest thing I ever made was a 35 block tall tower made of different colors of wool, meanwhile my friends make houses awesome houses and floating castles and shit. So what would be a good server where I could just mess with building simple stuff, and help people get resources and stuff?

Sounds like Neocraft to me! :)

Ranger X

Yeah I saw that.

Between, to all pseudo designers out there... putting grass EVERYWHERE like in the picture up there looks like shit. Just saying.

There's also too much trees imo.

Mik2121

Ranger X said:
Yeah I saw that.

Between, to all pseudo designers out there... putting grass EVERYWHERE like in the picture up there looks like shit. Just saying.

The hell...

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Ranger X said:
Yeah I saw that.

That was the whole point though, to spruce things up at spawn and make them new again! Mik wanted a more nature oriented area rather than just sand all over. I kind of like it. And it's easy enough to clean out the grass and trees from any place you want to.

Plus, I got tons of sand from the makeover last night, woohoo!

PS: you know it's all Juju's fault actually, Mik and I toured his awesome tree house garden in the sky area and were overcome with the grandeur of nature. And then that enthusiasm just spilled out all over the spawn area, LOL!

onken

Ranger X said:
Yeah I saw that.

Thank god we have real designers to tell us!

Ranger X said:
to all pseudo designers out there... putting grass EVERYWHERE like in the picture up there looks like shit. Just saying.

I don't know... it's got a nice Secret Garden sort of charm to it ¬_¬

Anyway, on my single player survival game I've just finished the project that's kept me busy the last few weeks:

16gbtdt.jpg

It's a blocky Argonath guarding my Minecraft kingdom with a flaming Obsidian sword :D On his right foot is the Boot of Conquest, where I keep backup swords, armour, picks etc. for expeditions, and the left is the Boot of Industry, with furnaces, crafting tables, etc. Inside is a swimming pool and ladder up to the inside of the left arm, which as you can see, leads to my Nether Portal.

I'm seriously chuffed to have finished it! Now I need to get on with finishing the minecart tracks leading up to it from my spawn point.

Ranger X

onken said:
Thank god we have real designers to tell us!

Don't take it personal, a Minecraft player (therefore including me), are "pseudo designer". That's how I call us.

I'm just saying that putting grass everywhere doesn't look good. Heh, it's simply my opinion and people don't have to agree.

Ranger X

Mengy said:
That was the whole point though, to spruce things up at spawn and make them new again! Mik wanted a more nature oriented area rather than just sand all over. I kind of like it. And it's easy enough to clean out the grass and trees from any place you want to.

Plus, I got tons of sand from the makeover last night, woohoo!

PS: you know it's all Juju's fault actually, Mik and I toured his awesome tree house garden in the sky area and were overcome with the grandeur of nature. And then that enthusiasm just spilled out all over the spawn area, LOL!

I love the idea of changing the spawn area. Anyways, wasn't the biome all fucked up since some time? The only thing I don't like is the grass everywhere. Bit too much trees. I didn't know my opinion would cause multiple reactions lol

Mik2121

Ranger X said:
I love the idea of changing the spawn area. Anyways, wasn't the biome all fucked up since some time? The only thing I don't like is the grass everywhere. Bit too much trees. I didn't know my opinion would cause multiple reactions lol
The idea is to have the spawn look like it's been overrun by vegetation. Kinda like Enslaved. Nobody ever goes to spawn now except to reach the mob grinder so I though it would be fun to modify it and make it look like a long time passed and plants started to grow everywhere.
There isn't grass everywhere though there's indeed a lot, but that's the look I was trying to convey.

I will surely try not to get around your house seeing how you don't like the idea, and will also get rid of the grass and trees near your house, fear not.

Edit: Cleaned up everything near your house. Hopefully that's alright with you :)

Top Bottom