• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Charging bow mechanic makes me hope for location based damage. My friend and I play together and try to work togetger and always end up fighting. I wanna be able to one shot him with a fully charged bow to the head.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
just installed an ace plugin called 'server events'. As well as giving nice friendly messages when people join or die, it can optionally tweet them. So I set up a second twitter account and now I can easily be notified when my son's friends join, or if there are any problems with the server.

Ranger X

Mik2121 said:
The idea is to have the spawn look like it's been overrun by vegetation. Kinda like Enslaved. Nobody ever goes to spawn now except to reach the mob grinder so I though it would be fun to modify it and make it look like a long time passed and plants started to grow everywhere.

I see, I can dig that idea. I didn't see it that way at first but it's true that it's ghost town. Well it's like that everywhere except Al-Medina lately. lol

Octopusses in the Mob Grinder! This is proof they their spawning rules changed in the last updates. Or else this had chances to happen since forever but it's only now...

OctopusGrinder.png

Kool to see new stuff still in Booty Bay! I wonder who's making this church but it's a great start. This will look awesome.

EgliseBooty.png

And god damned the Mosque is Al-Medina is looking awesomer by the day!!

AwesomeMosque.png

:)

HenryHSH

Ark said:
Henry, that wheat farm is....awesome o_o

It's Artistdude's farm. :)

Did crackhead_bob figure it out yet? I don't get how you quote my post, remove the Spoiler tag and not notice the IP address.

-SD-

Banned
I got greatly improved image quality with these instructions:

Full-screen antialiasing for NVIDIA cards

1. Right click on desktop: NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D settings > Program Settings
2. Add jawaw.exe that is located in \Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ folder (\Program Files (86)\Java\jre6\bin\ if you have 32-bit Java only)
3. Antialiasing - Mode: Override any application setting
4. Antialiasing - Setting: 8x
5. Antialiasing - Transparency: 8x (supersample)
6. Click 'Apply'

(For SLI: SLI rendering mode: Force alternate frame rendering 2)

Note: You must use at least 8x supersampling for transparency. Using lower values shows graphical glitches.

Comparison:

vs.

Bonus pic:

Thanks to Shadowdane for the info.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
So I funally took the plunge and joined the Minecraft world.

Get terribad fps on it though, so I'm playing in Peaceful mode at the moment so I don't have to try dealing with monsters in a slideshow.

commissar

Ark said:
So I went to go and trim the map today.

And then realised I have absolutely NO knowledge of MCEdit.
Just don't press the delete world button.

Will the tectonicus map be updated at some point?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
commissar said:
Just don't press the delete world button.

Will the tectonicus map be updated at some point?

It looks like it was at some point last night, I see snow in Booty Bay and grass at the spawn.

Ranger X

CHEEZMO™ said:
So I funally took the plunge and joined the Minecraft world.

Get terribad fps on it though, so I'm playing in Peaceful mode at the moment so I don't have to try dealing with monsters in a slideshow.

If you're on windows, try to magnify the screen using F11 and instead of the fullscreen icon on the top right of the window.
With this you will double your performance (at least!)

Ark

Mengy said:
It looks like it was at some point last night, I see snow in Booty Bay and grass at the spawn.

The map must have been updated sometime in the last ~12 hours since it has the wheat farm on there.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Ranger X said:
If you're on windows, try to magnify the screen using F11 and instead of the fullscreen icon on the top right of the window.
Windows 7.

I'll give this a try tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

ArtistDude88 said:
Hey ya'll! Here's some pictures of my Piston Powered Wheat Harvester 1400 in action! There are thirteen tiers of 13x4 + one 13x8 at the bottom of planted wheat, and the water pushes it all down to a collecting ditch :)
I borrowed your idea and improved it to work with sugar on one tier as well. For this to work properly I have to open the gates to the left and right to flood a bit of water. Then those blocks where the sugar is on need to be raised up. As soon as I push the lever the blocks go back down and the sugar gates are closing. Then everything is collected down in the not finished windmill :)
To avoid falling into the collecting thingy (my GF did twice already:( ) I added pistons there too which only open when I activate the collector.

Thats the first time I worked with redstone wires and such, great fun :D

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Ranger X said:
Well this isn't working.

I press F11 and nothing happens, so I have to fullscreen normally.

I might pack it in at this rate >_>

Mik2121

CHEEZMO™ said:
Well this isn't working.

Did you update Java? Many of us didn't when we first started playing the game and experienced a lot of slowdowns. You might want to check that out.

Ranger X

still is freaking wierd you can't go fullscreen with F11. It's a function from the game itself. It HAVE to work.

Play in a minimised screen and then once you're in game, press F11. If you tried F11 in the menus before entering a game it's normal it didn't work.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I had been F11'ing in the menu.

I started up a game in my house and pressed F11 and the game just immediately closes. Not minimises or anything. Closes.

:/

Edit: I'm also gonna try that Java tip and will report back.

spuit*11

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:
Well this isn't working.

Are you on a 32 or 64-bit Win7 and Java?

So I'm expanding the moria library a little. Taking it all the way to the surface. It will of course have a glass roof when I get there. But I've gone through 2 diamond picks already doing only about 1/5th of the mining and the boredom is killing me.

When is the next community project?

spuit*11 said:
When is the next community project?

Have you built something in Arkyoto yet?

I was planning on doing a big medieval castle/hill fort town but haven't found an area I like yet. I think Ark's got a few plans in the making as well, but might be waiting for 1.8.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Well I updated Java, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Also, pressing F11 seems to crash it or something.

I have a bunch of error logs or whatever from every time I've pressed it.

Ugh!

Edit: Oh, and the game has now randomly freezes and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to close it.

Ranger X

CHEEZMO™ said:

Ugh!

Edit: Oh, and the game has now randomly freezes and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to close it.

Also, make sure you run with Java 64bit and not Java 32bit. At first when I downloaded the game it did run like shit and was crashing but I realised that I was using Java32 with my internet explorer. I googled the 64bit version, installed it and my troubles are a thing of the past now.

Toki1776

Managed to get internet on my computer long enough to update the map yesterday. Just waiting on my new wireless card (should arrive by Wednesday), so that I can have a more consistent, reliable connection. Obviously, I won't be able to trim the map until I have that set up, and I won't really be able to render another map till then, either. When I do get to be ready to trim the map, I will post here for warning, a day or two in advance, the hour or two I will take the server down for the maintenance. It's been busy enough that the only free time I would have to trim the map, there would be too many people on it to take it down, so I figure it would be easier to just schedule the maintenance a day or two in advance, and just get it done.

Sorry about the lack of map updates, and for slacking so long on trimming the map, everyone...

HenryHSH

KidGalactus said:
So which servers are still active and which ones are running 1.7?

I'm pretty sure it's just Neocraft now. (Ponycraft in the OP)

CHEEZMO™ said:

Ugh!

Specs?

Jasoco

Banned
I think I'll log on sometime today and make sure my house still exists in the Tundra. Maybe do some more work on it. I wish I could connect it to a road or something though. I'd build a road through the Tundra if I knew which direction to head back towards civilization. Guess I should look at the coordinates with F3 or something.

Edit: Good. Still there. Except for all the enemies who were waiting for me when I logged back in. Seems the Tundra is 1000 blocks to the West of the Spawn if the moon and coordinates are any indication. Damn. Long bridge. What else is near the Tundra? Any kind of towns or anything?

Also, is there a current map available?

I built a high tower today, I hit an invisible ceiling where I couldn't place any more blocks - I was kind of disappointed as I thought it might be a lot higher, but it did actually take a good while to climb up/down the ladder. I'm in the process of making it slightly lower so I can but a house on top. It was actually pretty scary building so high, my palms were getting clammy >_<

Ark

Jasoco said:
I think I'll log on sometime today and make sure my house still exists in the Tundra. Maybe do some more work on it. I wish I could connect it to a road or something though. I'd build a road through the Tundra if I knew which direction to head back towards civilization. Guess I should look at the coordinates with F3 or something.

Edit: Good. Still there. Except for all the enemies who were waiting for me when I logged back in. Seems the Tundra is 1000 blocks to the West of the Spawn if the moon and coordinates are any indication. Damn. Long bridge. What else is near the Tundra? Any kind of towns or anything?

Also, is there a current map available?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22083707/Layerneo/neolayer.html

Think I'll jump onto the server later, would there be a need for an explorer instead of a builder? I prefer just mining caves, I was thinking I could set up a small buidling and fill it with chests, people could come and take what they needed as they need it.

Jasoco

Banned
Charmicarmicat said:
Think I'll jump onto the server later, would there be a need for an explorer instead of a builder? I prefer just mining caves, I was thinking I could set up a small buidling and fill it with chests, people could come and take what they needed as they need it.
Place it in the Community center. I would say they should make the comm center bigger. Add a third set of chests for each section.

I know I'll be using a lot of stone and gravel and some sand and sandstone. Sand is hardest to find if you don't know if they need it for Al-Medina or something.

Any stuff I don't need I put in there myself.

commissar

Red Liquorice said:
I'm in the process of making it slightly lower so I can but a house on top. It was actually pretty scary building so high, my palms were getting clammy >_<
Yeah building was quite intense in minecraft until they implemented easy mode (hold shift to not fall off things)

Did spawn just get shifted? I can't log in from here to see

commissar said:
Yeah building was quite intense in minecraft until they implemented easy mode (hold shift to not fall off things)

Whoa... I didn't know that!

EVIL

Jasoco said:
Place it in the Community center. I would say they should make the comm center bigger. Add a third set of chests for each section.

I know I'll be using a lot of stone and gravel and some sand and sandstone. Sand is hardest to find if you don't know if they need it for Al-Medina or something.

Any stuff I don't need I put in there myself.
there are two huge deserts, north east and south west of booty bay

I am sure you can dig there

commissar said:

The spawn is still where it should be, the map is just a bit durp atm

Knuckleruckamus

Neo Member
Hopefully someone can help me out (without making me feel like more of a dolt than I feel already).. for MP, how does one activate the console? Googled and tried typing a bunch of different starts (Tab, tilde, etc etc) but nada... so sad :(

Knuckleruckamus said:
Hopefully someone can help me out (without making me feel like more of a dolt than I feel already).. for MP, how does one activate the console? Googled and tried typing a bunch of different starts (Tab, tilde, etc etc) but nada... so sad :(

Just press 't'

Jasoco

Banned
Someone cleaned out the Community Center. There's almost nothing left except a few stragglers and a shitload of snowballs.

I needed tools. :-/ I was gonna use the iron ones they had the other day, but now I'll have to make stone ones.

Ark

Jasoco said:
Someone cleaned out the Community Center. There's almost nothing left except a few stragglers and a shitload of snowballs.

I needed tools. :-/ I was gonna use the iron ones they had the other day, but now I'll have to make stone ones.

Seriously? That place will stock full of stuff before.

Might have to make it Citizen and above only.

Jasoco said:

Any time I've gone it has been empty :(.
Foraged everything myself, which has been silly, as I've accomplished very little.

Mik2121

Jasoco said:

Woah... really? As Ark said, the place was packed full of stuff. Wonder who the hell thought it would be a good idea to grab everything.

Ranger X

Is it the community chests near spawn that we are talking about?
'Cause it's always empty... I mean, I would have like this idea of community chests to work but it doesn't.

Top Bottom