• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Mik2121

Ranger X said:
Is it the community chests near spawn that we are talking about?
'Cause it's always empty... I mean, I would have like this idea of community chests to work but it doesn't.
I believe so. But recently I've been going to the community chests and there were lots of stuff like iron armor, tools, and many other things.

Jasoco

Banned
It's completely empty. Except for the small staggering of things in certain chests. 95% of the chests are completely empty.

If you can lock them to citizens, do it. And place warnings for when people do become citizens that it's for everyone and if you're going to take, for the love of Pete, give back too! I don't know if it was one person or multiples, but it's too coincidental to have been a bunch of people.

Is all that stuff put in from actual hard work, or are some of the things spawned? I mean stuff like all the iron weapons and stuff that would take forever to mine for.

Also, what level do you have to be to use Flint and Steel? Or is that a Moderator privilege only?

Anyone know what the best mapping program is for minecraft? I'm looking for something that takes good detailed maps better than Catrograph, which I'm using now.

A big feature I want, and one that would be an automatic download if it exists, is some sort of timelapse feature. Like, if I could get the program to snapshot my world 4 times a minecraft day, I would love that.

commissar

jazzabrandy said:
Thanks i just found it lol.

Also How do you lock chests?
you stick a sign on a block adjacent to the chest (side or in front of). On the first row of the chest type "[private]" second row will be your minecraft name no matter what, so you can also add two additional names on a chest on the final rows if you want others to be able to use it :)

Also you need to be a Citizen to be able to do so. Bug Ark about that :p

Shurs

I had some big time stability issues when playing the game today.

The game shut down probably six times over the course of three hours.

Any advice?

Jasoco

Banned
What I tell ya?

Apparently they use blueprints and everyone gets a copy. I guess they each work on a specific piece at a time.

I really got impressed when they dug the stairs down to the train station part under ground and built the entire thing. The use of glowstone for lamps is great and really makes it look nice.

Edit: Here you go. Behind the scenes tour of the station:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_4A9EbKoxQ

Jasoco

Banned
Ark said:
I feel inferior :(
We can do the same stuff if we put our resources together. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of spawning in the server though. It would take a year to mine all the resources just for that building.

EVIL

Jasoco said:
It's completely empty. Except for the small staggering of things in certain chests. 95% of the chests are completely empty.

If you can lock them to citizens, do it. And place warnings for when people do become citizens that it's for everyone and if you're going to take, for the love of Pete, give back too! I don't know if it was one person or multiples, but it's too coincidental to have been a bunch of people.

Is all that stuff put in from actual hard work, or are some of the things spawned? I mean stuff like all the iron weapons and stuff that would take forever to mine for.

Also, what level do you have to be to use Flint and Steel? Or is that a Moderator privilege only?
I think artist .. forgot his name, put allot of stuff in there that's really hard do come by like 4 stacks of slime blobs, and there was allot of crafted stuff there. Ark, can't you see server side who took it all?

edit: I think a large train station would be awesome for a new spawn

commissar said:
Yeah building was quite intense in minecraft until they implemented easy mode (hold shift to not fall off things)
This actually really helps, I had no idea sneak was safe on ledges, it reallys helps when building sky bridges and ledges etc!

Ranger X

Jasoco said:
We can do the same stuff if we put our resources together. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of spawning in the server though. It would take a year to mine all the resources just for that building.

It's full of spawning and characters were flying all of the place. They are all on world edit to speed things up.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Ark said:
I feel inferior :(

You shouldn't. Neocraft is full of a hell of a lot of awesome things. Booty Bay, Al-Medina, Moria, and those are just the community projects. There are also so many individual projects that are great on the server, I'm sure I haven't even seen them all. But more importantly, we play the game as we build. We are in it for the fun of it, not just to create huge complex feats of architecture for the hell of it. We don't just use Minecraft as a building too, we play it. That's a big distinction and is why I love Neocraft so much.

Ranger X

Mengy said:
You shouldn't. Neocraft is full of a hell of a lot of awesome things. Booty Bay, Al-Medina, Moria, and those are just the community projects. There are also so many individual projects that are great on the server, I'm sure I haven't even seen them all. But more importantly, we play the game as we build. We are in it for the fun of it, not just to create huge complex feats of architecture for the hell of it. We don't just use Minecraft as a building too, we play it. That's a big distinction and is why I love Neocraft so much.

YES that. It's also why I love Neocraft. I hope 1.8 will inspire me into coming back for me than a couple of hours a week. I should however build something in Arkyoto. The city is really getting cool.

Venfayth

Another SS posted by Notch

I'm pretty excited about this

photo.jpg

Jhriad

Ranger X said:
It's full of spawning and characters were flying all of the place. They are all on world edit to speed things up.

^This.

Neocraft is just as impressive in many ways as that video because your server isn't spawning materials, world editing, etc.

Mengy

Qwomo said:
I can't figure out what those reed-looking things are. Vines? Ropes?

The default graphics are so bad.

...and yet so good.

I like the defaults, except for glass. The only thing I change is the glass, lol.

Ark

Mengy said:

You've no idea how pleased I am that the server has been so popular, it's grown SO much in only 3 months, and we've got enough donation money to pay for the next 3 months, and possibly upgrade the server RAM by another 524mb if we decide to.

EVIL said:
I think artist .. forgot his name, put allot of stuff in there that's really hard do come by like 4 stacks of slime blobs, and there was allot of crafted stuff there. Ark, can't you see server side who took it all?

edit: I think a large train station would be awesome for a new spawn

Unfortunately I can't :( There is an addon called BigBrother which would allow me to, but unfortunately Multiplay don't support it at the moment. I'll keep hampering on to them about it though.

A large train station for new spawn most certainly sounds awesome. Dibs building it :p

Ranger X

Ark said:
You've no idea how pleased I am that the server has been so popular, it's grown SO much in only 3 months, and we've got enough donation money to pay for the next 3 months, and possibly upgrade the server RAM by another 524mb if we decide to.

Glad to hear that. I always feared the donations would be cheap.

Ark

Ranger X said:
Glad to hear that. I always feared the donations would be cheap.

The average is around £5, and the server currently costs ~£60 every 3 months. I think with the RAM upgrade, that would increase to £80.

Mengy

That pic is great, but Jeb made a post on reddit that is sweeter. He confirmed three new block types: stone brick, mossy stone brick, and cracked stone brick. Hopefully there is a way to make at least the stone brick manually without having to find it in ruins, because that may very rapidly become the new favorite building material for most of the MC community.

And this:

"Jeb: we've added 12 new tiles to terrain.png in 1.8, so far"

Venfayth

I wish I could connect to neocraft at work ;_;

I like building stuff in single player but I can't share it with people and that makes me sad.

Audioboxer

Ark said:
1.8 is going to be HUGE! I seriously can't wait :)

I said it before, many times, and I'll say it again, 1.8 will get me to buy Minecraft. Just need a trickle of more "gamey" elements and I'm in for the future ride.

Mengy

Acullis said:
I wish I could connect to neocraft at work ;_;

I like building stuff in single player but I can't share it with people and that makes me sad.

I haven't played my single player minecraft world in months. I mean literally months. I would like to again at some point, but after playing multiplayer on Neocraft I don't think single player will be enough for me anymore. Half of the fun of Neocraft is seeing what everyone else makes. There are nights I don't build a single thing but just go sightseeing. And thoroughly enjoy it too.

HenryHSH

I said it before, many times, and I'll say it again, 1.8 will get me to buy Minecraft. Just need a trickle of more "gamey" elements and I'm in for the future ride.

After playing Terraria, it will be very hard for Minecraft to impress me with 1.8. I still love Minecraft for what it does but I can't help but feel disappointed when I think of Notch and how he handles the game.

Ark

That's erm...huge :p

Loving the look of Arkyoto so far though, will defintely get around to building my pagoda sometime soon :)

I like the idea of a train station spawn. One that will take you to all the cities/places of interest. Booty-Bay, Moria, and Al-Medina.

Future projects, too. Like an underwater city, which would be neat. The Cliff city was a cool idea, too.

Top Bottom