• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ramma2

Server list from 1.8, as seen on reddit:

xKCrT.png

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Ark said:

Well, do we want a spawn building, or a new spawn town theme?

Since this will be the Adventure update, we should build something that just screams adventure. I can think of a few ideas off the top of my head.

For a new spawn building:
- A large castle or keep
- A highly detailed wizard's tower
- A large detailed ziggurat, or pyramid

For a new spawn town theme:
- An elven city, like Rivendell from LOTR
- something like Minas Tirith, the great white city of Gondor (also LOTR)
- a hobbit town, where the houses are built into the land, with lots of farms and such around
- a medieval town inside a huge fort, with tall wooden walls around the perimeter and gates and such (think Rohan)

Venfayth

Brazil said:
Next step: Steam integration.

Ewwwwwwwwwww

No thanks

Relevant: Whatever you make, it needs to have a dungeon. A fucking creepy poorly lit dungeon with lots of monsters and hidden passages. I love that shit.

Ark

HenryHSH said:
Good. Some bastard stole the flowers from the mosque. >=[

Well that sucks :(

By the way, what program did you use to get the exact dimensions for your Mosque? :)

Mengy said:
Well, do we want a spawn building, or a new spawn town theme?

Since this will be the Adventure update, we should build something that just screams adventure. I can think of a few ideas off the top of my head.

For a new spawn building:
- A large castle or keep
- A highly detailed wizard's tower
- A large detailed ziggurat, or pyramid

A wizard's tower? Colour me interested :)

I haven't mined in like a month and a half on the server, so today it was time to do some work branch-style.

Holy shit. I had never used branch mining, and I was shocked by how effective it was. Today, I was able to compile over 30 diamonds, well over 100 iron. And, I have about 6 chests full of cobble. I'll be making yet another huge donation to the community chests.

EDIT: I thought I recognized that mosque. As you can tell, it's an unusual mosque in that it was originally a Greek-Orthodox Cathedral. I imagine this is a point of dispute among the inhabitants of Booty-Bay, who have sent troops to reclaim the building for Christendom... Gary Oldman as Dracula. lol

Jasoco

Banned
Toki1776 said:
About to trim the map; Neocraft will be down for a little bit.
Good luck! Will we get a new map to look at when it's done? I'd love to compare the before and after to see what areas are now new again.

Articalys

vas_a_morir said:
I haven't mined in like a month and a half on the server, so today it was time to do some work branch-style.

Holy shit. I had never used branch mining, and I was shocked by how effective it was. Today, I was able to compile over 30 diamonds, well over 100 iron. And, I have about 6 chests full of cobble. I'll be making yet another huge donation to the community chests.
Branch mining? Is that where you make a bunch of 1x2 corridors spaced about 3 blocks apart?

Articalys said:
Branch mining? Is that where you make a bunch of 1x2 corridors spaced about 3 blocks apart?

Yes sir. I went forever without finding *a* diamond. Now, I can take 3 diamonds and with branch mining turn it into 7 consistently.

Articalys

By the way, while branch mining, what's the ideal tactic to use if you mine into the side of an underground lava reservoir? Give up on that path, approach it from another angle, etc?

Toki1776

Jasoco said:
Good luck! Will we get a new map to look at when it's done? I'd love to compare the before and after to see what areas are now new again.
Absolutely!

The trimming is done; just waiting on the upload. Also, rendering a new map now.
I will edit this post again when the server is back up.

Drazgul

Articalys said:
By the way, while branch mining, what's the ideal tactic to use if you mine into the side of an underground lava reservoir? Give up on that path, approach it from another angle, etc?

Just use dirt and block the lava away from your path.

Jasoco

Banned
Red Liquorice said:
I wondered if anyone anywhere had dug out an ENTIRE world? I'd kind of like to see a screen shot just for curiosity sake!
I doubt anyone who started when the game was first released would have enough time to dig out 8 times the surface of the Earth.

This is why I'm rich.

atCPZ.jpg

This is branch mining. you don't miss a thing. And it looks cool on the map. I was shocked how far I went from underneath my house in Arkyo, actually.

Articalys

vas_a_morir said:
This is why I'm rich.

http://i.imgur.com/atCPZ.jpg[IMG]

This is branch mining. you don't miss a thing. And it looks cool on the map. I was shocked how far I went from underneath my house in Arkyo, actually.[/QUOTE]
Is that all on one vertical level or is it layered?

vas_a_morir said:
This is why I'm rich.

This is branch mining. you don't miss a thing. And it looks cool on the map. I was shocked how far I went from underneath my house in Arkyo, actually.
Yeah, my first world is full of lines like that. I love it.

HenryHSH

So, I got on and worked a little on the mosque's interior. Procrastinator has been helping, and he's responsible for the awesome balconies.

I'm working on a staircase leading to a prayer area and a nice view of the mosque's floor. Stopped midway when I ran out of Sandstone. I am now accepting donations.

Sandstone donation bar:
|..________________________________] 128 / 8000

Glasswork

Been having fun with slopes and single player commands on SSP (that's why I haven't been on Neocraft lately if anyone noticed :V)
No, I didn't mine it all, used instantpick to gather the items since I only wanted to build, not explore/play.

WsrLAl.png

Entrance to my future Arabic island palace.

gwQgjl.png

ruRhkl.png

Little entryway to a small house I built to experiment with :V

r8m04l.jpg

The house.

uoikHl.png

Interior.

vyxw8l.png

Small shrine thing I wanted to do :U

CaXYZl.jpg

lZzq5l.jpg

The palace!, WIP ofcourse.

9aQsVl.png

Inside one of the watch towers.

Sorry for the amount of pictures, what do you guys think :)

Ark

Rabbit Lord said:
Completed the church in Booty Bay. Named after Saint Magnus.

Ah, so you are the guy who built the church :) It looks great, awesome work :)

@Glass: It looks awesome, but it would look even more awesome on NeoCraft :p

Glasswork

Ark said:
Ah, so you are the guy who built the church :) It looks great, awesome work :)

@Glass: It looks awesome, but it would look even more awesome on NeoCraft :p

If you add slopes that might be possible :)
The mod (Kaevtors or something) actually does work on SMP.

Vinci

Danish
vas_a_morir said:
This is why I'm rich.

atCPZ.jpg

This is exactly what I do. Never seen it on a map before. Looks awesome from that perspective.

Venfayth

vas_a_morir said:
Dig to the bottom, then go up two blocks. Stay on that level.

I used to do this, but the vast majority of lava pools are there. I go down to where hitting F3 will reveal your Y value as 12.5

This means that the block you're standing on is Y value 11

Most lava pools extend to the Y value 10.

This way you know that you'll almost never walk into lava (there's still the chance of walking into a lava pool above that level, but it's likelihood is much lower) and you can mindlessly mine forward. You'll still find as much diamond, because diamond is common anywhere below y value 17.

Jasoco

Banned
Fortunately lava also moves slowly so as long as you keep some dirt equipped you can quickly switch to it and plug the hole before you are hit. Also make sure to stock your stuff in a chest frequently. Chests are cheap as wood. Two trunks makes a chest. Four makes 2.

Next time I come on I plan to do some mining like that in my secret hidden mine that I used before I decided to venture out to find my home in the Tundra. I have two neighbors, but I've never seen them on. I wonder if they still exist.

Grokbu

Before I try joining the GAF server I have to ask. If my ping to the server is high, am I the only one who will notice lag, or will it affect everyone connected?

Venfayth

Grokbu said:
Before I try joining the GAF server I have to ask. If my ping to the server is high, am I the only one who will notice lag, or will it affect everyone connected?

You won't affect others if you're lagging, unless you're directly interacting with them. Even then, it's not really that big of a deal. It's all up to your own performance and what you're willing to deal with :)

Top Bottom