• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Grokbu

Acullis said:
You won't affect others if you're lagging, unless you're directly interacting with them. Even then, it's not really that big of a deal. It's all up to your own performance and what you're willing to deal with :)
Alright, thanks. :)
I just had to make sure that I wouldn't lag it up for eveyone else.

EDIT: Wow. Currently checking the server out and I just got to Booty Bay. You guys have seriously done an awesome job at arranging stuff and keeping everything clean. Seriously.

Cranzor

Does anybody in here play Minecraft on a laptop? I want to get back into Minecraft but my current laptop can barely run the game. I was considering picking a new laptop up anyway so it'd be nice if it could run Minecraft with max settings smoothly.

redhot_

Cranzor said:
Does anybody in here play Minecraft on a laptop? I want to get back into Minecraft but my current laptop can barely run the game. I was considering picking a new laptop up anyway so it'd be nice if it could run Minecraft with max settings smoothly.

Mac Book Pro here. I play it pretty casually, few hours at a time.. Not max setting though, I keep some fog on. Over all performance is good aside from it heating up and me freaking out... :)

Grinchy

Banned
I might be liking this JustForCraft HD texture pack. It's really clean, and the wood is very nice. This is a section of Arkyoto on the Neocraft server.

quz6E.jpg

The moon looks awesome.

CpduH.png

Ark

That is awesome for sure :) Although I'm in love with the sphexBDCraft atm.

I will probably get around to building my pagoda tomorrow probably, and I'll probably slap BigBrother on the server then as well.

Cranzor said:

I've always played on a laptop, never had any problems with Minecraft. I also use a MBP that I just got in March. I don't know if I use Max settings or not, I'll update and let you know.

bengraven

Can't wait for server list. Right now I feel like I have to commit to just one server so it would be nice to jump into others occasionally. Don't worry Ark, my "home" server is always going to be yours. ;)

Also, I tried to make something in Al-Medina but I just couldn't make what I wanted to do with sand. I hate working with sand.

I tried to make something like this and ran out of sand before I finished the pillars and frankly didn't want to go around looking for more sand at the time:

http://t1.ftcdn.net/jpg/00/06/68/98/400_F_6689840_z0pWe7FPdenS8i85NrRY3iAmGouMx2wn.jpg

Going to collect some this weekend though...if my kid will actually nap.

Poor Rich

Neo Member
I've started up Minecraft after a long break. Use to build on Asscraft server but now I am giving Neocraft a try. I need to host some pictures for what I made on there.

I would like to be added as a citizen or whatever it is so I can light up my portal please. Name is "Poorrich". Thanks.

Grinchy

Banned
Poor Rich said:
I've started up Minecraft after a long break. Use to build on Asscraft server but now I am giving Neocraft a try. I need to host some pictures for what I made on there.

I would like to be added as a citizen or whatever it is so I can light up my portal please. Name is "Poorrich". Thanks.

I think I remember your castle on there. The one with the P, I think it was done in diamond blocks? That thing was awesome looking.

spuit*11

Banned
This makes me wonder how they are going to handle the adventure update. If they will keep everything completely procedural or if they will craft (hue) specific dungeons and terrains for quests. I would be pretty sweet to have quests like the Yogscast's Shadow of Israphel to play through.

Kayo-kun

Sorry if I've missed it, but how do I connect to the Neocraft server? I've never played online before, but I believe one must be whitelisted to be able to connect and build at the server, right?

Ark

Mirk said:
what! I would never dupe, lies and slander sir!

I just eye balled it by looking at a toy I have xD

Great work then! :eek:

Kayo-kun said:
Sorry if I've missed it, but how do I connect to the Neocraft server? I've never played online before, but I believe one must be whitelisted to be able to connect and build at the server, right?

Address:

There is no whitelist, just please do not distribute the IP, unless it's to trusted friends. You need to quote this post to view the address.

Kayo-kun

Ark said:
Address:

There is no whitelist, just please do not distribute the IP, unless it's to trusted friends. You need to quote this post to view the address.

Thanks alot. Don't worry I won't distribute it, all my friends are "done with" Minecraft anyway ^^

Rabbit Lord said:
Completed the church in Booty Bay. Named after Saint Magnus.

http://i53.tinypic.com/j74x95.png[img]

[img]http://i52.tinypic.com/14j868k.png[img]

[img]http://i52.tinypic.com/fbwdtw.png[img]

[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/2jae1xx.png[img]

[img]http://i56.tinypic.com/w1xmc4.png[img][/QUOTE]

Church looks amazing.

Also, what texture pack is that? I really like it :]

spuit*11

Banned
Ranger X said:
wtf is that??

Erase the client and redownload/reinstall?
Glasswork said:
The logo looks different, it could be your texture pack.
although as Ranger X said, it's probably better to reinstall.
I think he's referring to the fact that Options and Login are illegible in the current launcher due to black text on dark brown background.

Woorloog

Banned
Frigging deja vu... i hate it.
Anyway... my ISP sucks. Any finns here, never ever get internet connection from Elisa, it takes them forever to fix issues.

Am i only one who doesn't like HD textures?

And trying to play on NeoCraft soon... I wonder how much things have changed since i last played.

spuit*11 said:
I think he's referring to the fact that Options and Login are illegible in the current launcher due to black text on dark brown background.

....And because all of the words are so blurry. It's like a foggy mist.

spuit*11

Banned
SomeOneInaHat said:
....And because all of the words are so blurry. It's like a foggy mist.
Oh shit, that's an actual screenshot? I thought it was photoshopped to put emphasis on the login section.

Wow, never seen anything like it.

spuit*11 said:
Oh shit, that's an actual screenshot? I thought it was photoshopped to put emphasis on the login section.

Wow, never seen anything like it.

Yep, direct Fraps screenshot.

When I scroll over login everything goes blurry. It does the same thing in Windows Movie Maker.

The programs work fine otherwise (Only blurry login or start up screens)

Venfayth

SomeOneInaHat said:
Yep, direct Fraps screenshot.

When I scroll over login everything goes blurry. It does the same thing in Windows Movie Maker.

The programs work fine otherwise (Only blurry login or start up screens)

There's probably something wrong with your video card or its drivers, try updating/downgrading them.

Grinchy

Banned
Ark said:
Well, I just finished all six seasons of LOST so I should be on more often now :)
I didn't get into the show until around Season 3 or 4. I watched every episode leading up to it before starting with new episodes, then I watched every one thereafter. It was such a great show for the most part.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
HenryHSH said:
Build a hatch.
LOL. That thought crossed my mind when I first bought the game to make a hatch and one of the DHARMA camps.. Maybe there is a LOST mod out there with some cool assets.

Mik2121

I just finished building my new home where I'll have my new storage and everything. Got tired of having to climb my island every time I set a new /home :p. It's to the left of Arkyoto spawn, on an island near it :)

It's the island showing on the background

6RErU.png

Top Bottom