• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Well, like I said, any objection means I won't. I would love love love Brick Roads, but the clay necessary would be impossible to harvest.

And the Asscraft roads were wonderful.

Woorloog

Banned
Pankaks said:
You're not alone, I haven't felt that creative spark for quite awhile now. Hopefully, the adventure update will bring me back to Minecraft.
Yeah... Well, i haven't been on the server for a while. First my ISP fucked up the connection, then... I borrowed Re-Imagined BSG DVDs from a friend and i've been watching those...
Even if i did play, i doubt i'd manage to do much. I need ridiculous amounts of Sandstone, dyes and wool to build what i want... but i hate gathering stuff, especially since the game doesn't feel very survival oriented.

Ranger X

Awesome Animals said:
Well, like I said, any objection means I won't. I would love love love Brick Roads, but the clay necessary would be impossible to harvest.

And the Asscraft roads were wonderful.

I suppose that changing the roads in middleland (spawn region) wouldn't be a problem for most people. Thing is, with Booty Bay and Arkyoto, the road look already has been agreed with everybody. I suppose we should keep them as it is.
As for brickroads, I personally find it ugly as fuck. :p

If you like the default textures, but hate the glass, it's not too hard to fix.

1 - Open minecraft.jar located in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin (or just search for it).

2 - Open Minecraft.jar in Winrar.

3 - Drag (copy) terrain.png to your desktop.

4 - Open terrain.png with Photoshop or a decent pic editor, where you'll see all the blocks in the game. The glass is in the 2nd column, 4th row (just to the left of diamond).

5 - Erase the glass square, keeping (or not) its border. You can change the border to any colour you want, I used white for top and left, the blue for bottom and right. Save terrain.png

6 - Drag (copy and add/replace) terrain.png back into minecraft.jar. While you still have minecraft.jar open, make sure to delete the META.INF folder in there, if it exists. That's it.

Here's what it looks like:

sAo9R.jpg

Or, you can just use my terrain.png file.

Zc7r3.png

Right click, Save as 'terrain.png', add/replace to minecraft.jar and you're good to go. All default textures except glass.

Tore down my failed Sugar Cane Harvester and used all the materials from it to build the Wheat Harvester a proper house and storage!

I'll have this server drowning in bread! BWAHAHAAHAHA!

I was wondering if it was alright to post some screenshots of some of the work a friend of mine has done? She doesn't have a GAF account, but I figured I could at least show off some of her work if it was alright.

commissar said:
I know I'm always keen to check other people's stuff :)

If there's a few photos maybe thumbnail them?
Great! She's happy to hear it, too, haha.

One of her recent projects was to remake Central Command from FMA: Brotherhood. She did the math however, and deduced that if she hadn't used the "Too many items" mod, she would not only STILL be working on it, but she probably wouldn't have even started it in the first place.

^ Here she is starting off. Since the planned Central area was a grassy area, she decided to clear off a huge space of land, including all of the grass. I asked her why she did it, and even though it was a lot of work to do it, she would've had to elevate everything by 1 to accommodate for the extra level that grass gives. In the end, she said it was just easier removing all of the grass.

^ After the grass work, she set lights as a guide for the borders of the building, entrance, etc., and began working on the building.

^ When she showed me her progress after a couple of days, she informed me that she wasn't even halfway done. :lol

^ Here she's using a texture pack which is why the iron blocks look so bright. The reason is because the default texture pack makes things look a lot worse, if only for this project.

^ Finally, After two days of near non-stop building, she finished Central. Even after she was done, however, she decided to add some rooms of her own that may or may not have actually been in the show. She didn't mind taking some liberties, since she was setting out to not only make Central, but to also make it her own. No thumbnails for the rooms, so I'll just leave them as links.

Lounge in progress
The War Chamber
Ballroom
Air-Conditioning Units

Grinchy

Banned
Souplak said:
So im playing on Neocraft server with my friend(he just started playing less that a week ago) and brother. We built a floating island between Booty Bay and that big building you get to when you warp to Liberty, anyway we built a nether portal but we didnt know you where not allowed to use fire. So is there anyway we can get a Mod to set fire to the portal or something like that?

The Nether does work in SMP right?
I totally skipped over this post before. I think getting upgraded to citizen allows you to light fires. If you haven't already, just ask anyone who is on the server to light it for you in the mean time. If I am ever on, I'd be more than happy to do it for you!

JUST FYI though, the ghast damage is ON and building in a cavernous area in the Nether with breakable materials is essentially impossible. When it was turned off, I'd have up to 5 ghasts shooting at me constantly. Anything you are building will be completely decimated in such a case.

Jhriad

Has there been any word on how the height cap change will affect current worlds? Been considering starting up a server but I don't want to start working on generating a world if it will be wonky once 1.8 hits.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Jhriad said:
Has there been any word on how the height cap change will affect current worlds? Been considering starting up a server but I don't want to start working on generating a world if it will be wonky once 1.8 hits.

The default is going to stay the same as it is now. The world height will only be changable by mod usage. Notch just made it much easier for modders to increase the height, thats all.

So new worlds in vanilla 1.8 will be the same height that worlds have always been.

Jhriad

Sure I just wasn't sure how changing the world height would affect current maps and was hoping there was some more detail out there that I had missed in the thread.

BaDJuJu

Neo Member
She sells sea shells by the sea shore? What? Ark, I am going to need you to move my warp also, you need some more coin for the server yet?

BaDJuJu

Neo Member
Souplak said:
So im playing on Neocraft server with my friend(he just started playing less that a week ago) and brother. We built a floating island between Booty Bay and that big building you get to when you warp to Liberty, anyway we built a nether portal but we didnt know you where not allowed to use fire. So is there anyway we can get a Mod to set fire to the portal or something like that?

The Nether does work in SMP right?

Are you guys the one that built the one base layer island in the sky next to my place? I have the water fall area just south and a little east I believe. It was so nice to log on after being away for a while and see a GIANT one layer island in the sky right next to my place.

Souplak

Grinchy said:
I totally skipped over this post before. I think getting upgraded to citizen allows you to light fires. If you haven't already, just ask anyone who is on the server to light it for you in the mean time. If I am ever on, I'd be more than happy to do it for you!

JUST FYI though, the ghast damage is ON and building in a cavernous area in the Nether with breakable materials is essentially impossible. When it was turned off, I'd have up to 5 ghasts shooting at me constantly. Anything you are building will be completely decimated in such a case.

Thanks for the reply. Do you use this name on the server?

To become a citizen you had to PM someone on GAF right?

I dont think we will start to build something in the nether just yet but maybe later down the line. Its so funny playing with someone new to the game, just hearing him getting suprised when you tell him all the things you can do. But it was a bit anticlimactic getting him hyped to go in to the nether and just as we were going to start the portal he got kicked for using fling and tinder.

Souplak

BaDJuJu said:
Are you guys the one that built the one base layer island in the sky next to my place? I have the water fall area just south and a little east I believe. It was so nice to log on after being away for a while and see a GIANT one layer island in the sky right next to my place.

hmmm are you talking about that brick chimney house? The only other thing I saw was the giant sandstone castle in the distance. I must have missed it. I started building a 4 - 7 layer island but my friend being new just started to add more and more. I tried to fill in under but I just gave upp after awhile. It was abit fun, I played with him for the first 3 hours then I went to bed, woke up 9 h later and he was still on. He played for 13 h stright.

Souplak

BaDJuJu said:
Maybe it wasn't you guys, did you guys put glass shapes in the ground?

hehe no nothing that advanced just a dirt island and a small house below. but someone on the server was nice enough to use fire on our portal. To bad my friend is away for the weekend.

Not joining the server yet...but how much creativity do you expect from an average player? I like the adventure aspect and building guide towers, mining, and building personal bases/castles. It's been a long time since I built something impressive (for SP).

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
BaDJuJu said:
Maybe it wasn't you guys, did you guys put glass shapes in the ground?

Juju, Soupak's island is up near Booty Bay. It's not the one near your fantastical tree paradise. I still don't know who that belongs to

bengraven

ChoklitReign said:
Not joining the server yet...but how much creativity do you expect from an average player? I like the adventure aspect and building guide towers, mining, and building personal bases/castles. It's been a long time since I built something impressive (for SP).

Honestly, I think our rules are only for spawn and the themed towns. If you want to build a hatch in the ground outside of town, go for it.

I know some people have said "if it's ugly, we have a right to remove it", but that's just kind of talk. There's a massively ugly structure at spawn that I've wished I could remove (especially since the player hasn't played in 4-5 months), but I'm not like that.

Honestly, the server is loaded with nice guys. No one really cares what you make.

But again: if it's in a themed area, follow the theme. Don't build a cobblestone tower in Booty Bay for example.

commissar

BaDJuJu said:
That was Twig!

So awesome. Though he got a bit lost and built it in the wrong direction so it's a bit closer to your place than he meant to lol

The shadows on the landscape look so good below it

notsol337

marked forever
BaDJuJu said:

Does it bug you that his island is so close? I can't tell if you're going "oh sweet" or "that freaking jerk..."

Grinchy

Banned
I believe this is Ninefingers' place in Arkyoto. It's great! The mosque is still my "holy shit, someone built that!??" moment of the server, but I really like this thing too.

I am building my new house right between Arkyoto and Al-Medina. I had no idea they were so close together. I thought I was just building outside of Al-Medina with the mosque in sight. Little did I know I could keep walking down the road and find Arkyoto.

Mirk

So I pretty much donated all my stuff to the community chests so if your in need of something be sure to check them out! I did this so when 1.8 hits I have a reason to go
farming and spelunking again xD

Ark

vas_a_morir said:
What is the next comm project when 1.8 hits?

Me and Mirk were talking about this last night, we actually really like the idea of a giant community castle (imagine my castle near spawn, but much much bigger, on a community scale).

Oyashiro

Hey guys, I have a small problem. I made a little tower in my world where I keep all my things, but there are no caves or anything near it, so I went out exploring. I found a cave and got lots of nice resources, but I uh... can't find my way back. And it doesn't help that my laptop can barely run MineCraft, so I have my render distance at short. How do you guys deal with this problem? I mean, I guess I could make another home somewhere, but I don't wanna lose all those things in my tower. I wish I could make a map, but I can't seem to find the thing you need to make paper :/ I also tried looking into programs for OSX like MCMapLive, but that one doesn't actually show you where your character is at on the map.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Is there an ETA for the adventure mode stuff? I think it's the only thing that might make me play it again.

Glasswork

Ark said:
Me and Mirk were talking about this last night, we actually really like the idea of a giant community castle (imagine my castle near spawn, but much much bigger, on a community scale).
I'd love to work on something like this :eek:
We should make it like a big Scottish Castle built on an hilly island in the middle of a lake.
Something like this
Edinburgh_Castle_Scotland-452x500.jpg

Or ofcourse we can make a giant Arabian palace :)

Makin' my own little UI...

Crosshair, Equip Bar, Health, Armor, & Bubble HUD:

Armor off & in inventory:

Armor on:

I don't really like the crafting box, and I might change the inventory too.

Grinchy

Banned
vas_a_morir said:
I'd like to make a modern city with tall sky-scrapers. May be too ambitious of a project for gaf.
Maybe I'm overlooking something, but it seems like making tall rectangles with glass blocks for windows would be some of the simplest builds on the server.

I have always wanted to do modern stuff though.

Top Bottom