• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Heysoos

Hey guys, is there a mod out there that grants the ability to make gates and such for single player mode? I really loved that feature on Exano's server.

Mirk

blamite said:
So the first thing I've been working on on Neocraft has been recreating the wool tower I built on another server a while ago.

pic

Right now I'm planning on going White Red Yellow Green Blue Black, with each floor 14x14x5. I think I worked this out to needing something like 2500 wool. >.> This is gonna take a while.
pic

That said, huge thankt to whoever saw the tower and left me some wool!
and god! omg thx
You are awesome, and you basically provided 90% of the material on the second floor. You rule.

pic

I'm planning on building the walls up first, then filling in the whole floor on each level and filling each floor with objects matching the color. Tanks of lava on red, water and stuff on blue, nether portal on black, etc. Should be fun.

xD your welcome! I was jumping around fixing all the messed up water from the biomes crash and just so happend to have extra from prime I built on me. I think its your mine I was in? you missed some diamond so I put up a bunch of torches around them can't miss it!

ArtistDude88 said:
Hah, I remember you. Go away, griefer.

Oh my god, typical that when you say that someone posts an example of griefing. Yes I think I made a half assed attempt at griefing a few months back when I was a lurker.

Would it help if I said I'm a reformed dick? I'm really not looking for trouble, just some SMP action. I've been building an adventure map in single player for the past few months in the mean time but, as others have said, it gets a bit boring building for yourself.

Ocho

Hey Gaffers,

So I just bought the game (finally!) and I've been amazed at all the things you've been doing in NeoCraft. I want to be part of the fun, with good, honest building.

However, the address field is blank. I suppose for anti-griefing. How can I get that info? Do you guys handle approval or something?

Lazlo Woodbine said:
Oh my god, typical that when you say that someone posts an example of griefing. Yes I think I made a half assed attempt at griefing a few months back when I was a lurker.

Would it help if I said I'm a reformed dick? I'm really not looking for trouble, just some SMP action. I've been building an adventure map in single player for the past few months in the mean time but, as others have said, it gets a bit boring building for yourself.

Tell us: What did you do, exactly?

It was months ago, way back, when I first got the game and had nothing better to do then be an asshole. I remember leading a lava stream onto a tree farm or something similar to that. It took all of a few mins for me to get banned though, I don't remember even causing that much damage.

I don't blame people for being untrustworthy though, I would be if our roles were reversed. It's a shame really :/

Lazlo Woodbine said:
It was months ago, way back, when I first got the game and had nothing better to do then be an asshole. I remember leading a lava stream onto a tree farm or something similar to that. It took all of a few mins for me to get banned though, I don't remember even causing that much damage.

I don't blame people for being untrustworthy though, I would be if our roles were reversed. It's a shame really :/

It's not 'a shame' when you destroy people's stuff and they then don't want you around - it's cause and effect :p

Drazgul

Finally got Yogbox working with IndustrialCraft - that is, I can launch the game and start a new world, new mobs, crafting etc. seems to work. Am I good to go or is there a chance some conflict will come bite me in the ass later on? Afaik you're pretty safe if MC doesn't crash while loading, right?

Lazlo Woodbine said:

That's not so bad.

ochobit said:
Hey Gaffers,

So I just bought the game (finally!) and I've been amazed at all the things you've been doing in NeoCraft. I want to be part of the fun, with good, honest building.

However, the address field is blank. I suppose for anti-griefing. How can I get that info? Do you guys handle approval or something?
Quote the OP and look in the text box where the address should be, you'll see it =)

It's just done to be hidden from lurkers.

ochobit said:
Hey Gaffers,

Quote the post to see the addresses.

I had a quick look around neocraft yesterday for the first time - I walked the mineshaft from bootybay to arkyoto because I didn't have a minecart, it was miles! Everything looks great, I felt cheeky walking around in people's houses though, I mainly just peeped through the windows, lol!

Mister_Bubbles said:
It's not 'a shame' when you destroy people's stuff and they then don't want you around - it's cause and effect :p

I deserve that.

To be fair though at least I've tried to apologise, albeit a little late (is Exano's sever still around btw, I think that's the one I went on?).

Notch posted a new mob on his google+ account.

2011-07-26_18.14.06.png

They look like creepy long armed monsters. :(
And they can apparently carry blocks. :(
I'm scared.

Ark

BaDJuJu said:
I know what I want to Grief!

LOL.

Just to let you all know, the server expires in 3 days. I'm going to let it shut down and run off with the donation money.

I'll renew the subscription for another three months, as planned, keeping the server at 17-player slots and 1gb of RAM. Come the release of 1.8 in hopefully a month, I'm more than expecting to have to upgrade the RAM again to meet demands.

BaDJuJu

Neo Member
Ark said:
LOL.

Just to let you all know, the server expires in 3 days. I'm going to let it shut down and run off with the donation money.

I'll renew the subscription for another three months, as planned, keeping the server at 17-player slots and 1gb of RAM. Come the release of 1.8 in hopefully a month, I'm more than expecting to have to upgrade the RAM again to meet demands.

Do you have enough donations as of right now?

Ranger X

Like we needed NPC GRIEFERS!!

lol lol lol

EDIT: fuck, they ARE scary. Makes me thinks of the cliché of aliens coming over and taking stuff for study. I hope those NPCs are stealing cows. Would be perfect!!

BaDJuJu

Neo Member
Hey, any reason the server has been laggy as balls lately? Does someone have a large grinder running? I just did a speed test on my connection and it is good. Sooo, wtf...

I have a question guys. I just built a pretty large mob farm/tower/collection thing and I'm not getting as much stuff as I was expecting. Have mob spawn rights been decreased or something? Although, I do seem to get more stuff every time I add another floor.

Ark

G8YpU.jpg

Ok now, this isn't funny.

Whoever is building this 'thing' inbetween Al-Medina and BootyBay needs to speak up. If you're trying to build a bridge between Al-Medina and BootyBay then at least consult the community since they are community projects.

Seriously, those towers are huge, they look more like skyscrapers. Trying to link two modest community projects with a mega bridge doesn't feel right imo.

Kayo-kun

^Yeah I was wondering what those things where :D

Those new creatures looks worse than creepers. I do NOT want to meet one of those in the middle of the night.

Grinchy

Banned
Red Liquorice said:
Everything looks great, I felt cheeky walking around in people's houses though, I mainly just peeped through the windows, lol!
LOL I remember feeling this way when I first started playing online. I thought it was weird to walk through peoples' places.

Now, I hope people walk around through my place and I make myself very much at home in other places. I think of it like playing Zelda, where you can just waltz into a house like you own the place. If there are people in side, break their fucking vase right in front of them!

Ocho

Treefingers said:
Quote the OP and look in the text box where the address should be, you'll see it =)

It's just done to be hidden from lurkers.

Perfect guys! I'll check it out tonight! :)

Grinchy

Banned
ochobit said:
Perfect guys! I'll check it out tonight! :)
We made some dummy buildings for testing tnt and stuff. If you see anything with a sign that says "wyzdom" on it, it's free to steal/grief.

jk, please don't do that!

Qwomo

Ugh I thought Notch would give up on the stupid giant mushroom shit. Stuff looks atrocious.

New mob looks awesome though.

I hope they build non-random structures like little monuments and stuff. Although, the best thing ever would be if they built little shade structures. It'd be like self preservation. They could build shade so they could stay alive during the day.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
EskimoJoe said:
I hope they build non-random structures like little monuments and stuff. Although, the best thing ever would be if they built little shade structures. It'd be like self preservation. They could build shade so they could stay alive during the day.
Jesus Christ dude.

Oh god I just thought of the most (unintentionally, I swear) racist feature request regarding the new mobs.. I won't say it but it sucks cause I think it would be a nice feature if it wasn't so racist.

Grinchy

Banned
Treefingers said:
Oh god I just thought of the most (unintentionally, I swear) racist feature request regarding the new mobs.. I won't say it but it sucks cause I think it would be a nice feature if it wasn't so racist.
lol out with it!

Don't make me hide your food stamps in your work boots!

Top Bottom