• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

bengraven

Ark said:
Is this where everyone runs off to Exano's new server? :p

I knew you would say something like that. Ark is so sensitive. :D

I like all the GAF servers, dammit.

edit: creeper damage still on!

Ark

bengraven said:
I knew you would say something like that. Ark is so sensitive. :D

I like all the GAF servers, dammit.

edit: creeper damage still on!

SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

I'll try and fix it again later on, I'm about to hit the sack right now though.

Urgh! I just hit the jackpot in a cave, it was like a fucking vault - I doubled my stash of diamonds, coal, iron, redstone, lapis, gold and I fell in fucking lava and died. Got back, I think everything I had on me was destroyed in the lava - I think I'm going to cry!!! ;_;

I feel like using a mod or something to just dupe stuff to get back what I had, I was being so careful too I was placing dirt down over this huge lake of lava, I didn't even think I was standing on the square I was digging. *sobs*

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Red Liquorice said:
Urgh! I just hit the jackpot in a cave, it was like a fucking vault - I doubled my stash of diamonds, coal, iron, redstone, lapis, gold and I fell in fucking lava and died. Got back, I think everything I had on me was destroyed in the lava - I think I'm going to cry!!! ;_;

I feel like using a mod or something to just dupe stuff to get back what I had, I was being so careful too I was placing dirt down over this huge lake of lava, I didn't even think I was standing on the square I was digging. *sobs*

That happens to everyone. Learn from your mistakes and spelunk better!

r1chard

All these amazing mods coming out (Better Than Wolves, Aether, ...) and the changes in the way Notch releases the game (and the relatively less interesting releases) leads me to think that even the 1.8 release will mostly be about him releasing a new engine that can have taller chunks (and maybe address other hard-coded limitations in the engine). And then the really interesting stuff will come from modders...

Ranger X

r1chard said:
All these amazing mods coming out (Better Than Wolves, Aether, ...) and the changes in the way Notch releases the game (and the relatively less interesting releases) leads me to think that even the 1.8 release will mostly be about him releasing a new engine that can have taller chunks (and maybe address other hard-coded limitations in the engine). And then the really interesting stuff will come from modders...

Well, with what's in the talk now, 1.8 will be a really fuckawesome update. More like, modders beware! (well, it's always easier to add on top of something created by someone else so whatever the update Notch comes with, they can add something.)

Grinchy

Banned
I've been working on a new house in between Al-Medina and Arkyoto. Still a lot left to do, but I felt like posting pics.

Before/After on the front yard:

Around the side and into the back yard. All of this was hills that went to the edges of the roof on the house before I cleared it away and put up the fence.

Through the front door and one of the rooms:

Mengy

Nice house Grinchy! I'll have to swing by and see that in person. Nice texture pack too.

Grinchy

Banned
Thanks! Yeah that texture pack has officially converted me away from the default one. I can no longer use anything 16x, in fact.

Ark

That really is an awesome house yet again Grinchy :)

I know what I'm going to build now! The problem is where to build it.

bengraven

Half the reason I finally asked for my warp is because I found a cave in the middle of nowhere and marked it as "home".

I'm still exploring it when I can, but it's so huge and I'm kind of out of touch with spelunking. I'm so used to just created a quarry and building from there. I haven't really been down dungeoning, fighting beasts, etc. I'm so lost. lol

Ranger X

bengraven said:
Half the reason I finally asked for my warp is because I found a cave in the middle of nowhere and marked it as "home".

I'm still exploring it when I can, but it's so huge and I'm kind of out of touch with spelunking. I'm so used to just created a quarry and building from there. I haven't really been down dungeoning, fighting beasts, etc. I'm so lost. lol

Go systematically. You take one corridor, light it up, comeback, patch the entrance so you know you've been there already. It's possible you go really deep before starting to block corridors but the cave will inevitably shrink down over time. Not saying you don't know about all this, just sharing my technique. ;)

Articalys

oh christ oh christ oh christ
@notch said:
The Endermen are peaceful. If you look straight at them, they freeze and look at you. When you look away again, they run fast. And teleport.
@notch said:
They run TOWARDS you, not away. So if you happen to look at one, do not look away.
@notch said:
(they stop being peaceful if you look straight at them)

Ark

Reminds me of the stone angels from Doctor Who :eek:

By the way, either tomorrow or Saturday I'm going to take down the server, renew the subscription and remove and re-add all of the addons on the server to try and fix a couple of issues (creepers, ghasts, etc etc). I'm gunna check out some other SMP mods, if there's a mod (that works in SMP) that you'd like to see on the server, then post away in this thread and I'll check them out :)

The server shouldn't be down for more than a few hours at most, I'm not entirely sure on the timeframe, but it'll most likely be sometime during the day (BST).

Ark said:
Reminds me of the stone angels from Doctor Who :eek:

By the way, either tomorrow or Saturday I'm going to take down the server, renew the subscription and remove and re-add all of the addons on the server to try and fix a couple of issues (creepers, ghasts, etc etc). I'm gunna check out some other SMP mods, if there's a mod (that works in SMP) that you'd like to see on the server, then post away in this thread and I'll check them out :)

The server shouldn't be down for more than a few hours at most, I'm not entirely sure on the timeframe, but it'll most likely be sometime during the day (BST).

Is there a mod that can make day longer and nights shorter?

Toki1776

Rabbit Lord said:
Is there a mod that can make day longer and nights shorter?

I could, if I was on more often...

Actually, there is, but I'm not sure it's up to date with the current Bukkit build. It may still work, though.

Jasoco

Banned
Okay. What joker decided that the Hall of Fun was any fun at all? I lost a bunch of stuff in there you jerk!

Seriously! What was that???

Jasoco said:
Okay. What joker decided that the Hall of Fun was any fun at all? I lost a bunch of stuff in there you jerk!

OMG.

The Endermen sound like the stone angels from my favorite episode of Dr. Who.

Thunderchild42

Neo Member
Jasoco said:

I'm glad you enjoyed The Hall of Fun! I'm working on some better traps..... They will reward ya with prizes if successfully navigated......

Gvaz

Banned
Whats the mod that adds I think some sort of SSAO and DOF to the game?

Speaking of which what are the best mods?

Nivert

Blizzard said:
The Endermen sound terrifying. ;_____; I wonder what sounds they will have, if any.

They'll be quiet. Until you turn away then look back and they're right in your face, then they'll scream. Loudly.

Jasoco

Banned
Thunderchild42 said:
I'm glad you enjoyed The Hall of Fun! I'm working on some better traps..... They will reward ya with prizes if successfully navigated......
Really wish I had a warning. All I ask. Now give me back whatever it was I had on me when I died.... some iron tools and a bunch of cobblestone.

Gimmie gimmie gimmie!!!

Jasoco

Banned
My God. I can't wait to see this enemy. I thought the Creepers had a pretty cool simple AI. This sounds like it'll be a lot more complex than just wandering around and creepily looking at you and then walking towards you when you get too close.

Hopefully there'll be a half dozen new mobs of both types at least with all new smarter AI's than just wander and attack.

bathala

Banned
I really like the process that when ur reticules touches them they freeze then attack if u look away.

I hope there's a certain countdown of reticule on them before it initiates because if u accidentally swipe ur reticule around

Mengy

Atomski said:
Endermen sound awesome. The fact they teleport makes me wonder what kind of material they will drop.

Hopefully they drop cocoa beans so that there may finally be another way to make brown wool. The endermen do sound really freaky cool though. I wonder if they will make noises or just be completely silent?

bengraven

Love the Enderman. I want to see a video of him.

That said, I want more mobs and parse out the ones we have...more "common" enemies can saturated the dark hills at night (zombies, skellies) but the "unique" or "Mojang-created" mobs should be special and be alone so you focus on getting away from them.

I also want biome specific mobs.

bathala said:
I really like the process that when ur reticules touches them they freeze then attack if u look away.

I hope there's a certain countdown of reticule on them before it initiates because if u accidentally swipe ur reticule around

Honestly I'm worried that we won't confront them enough. I worry it will be TOO easy to avoid them. So an accidental swipe is what would be satisfying.

Ranger X

If he can make me like 4-5 special mobs like that, with this much attention and thought, this update will be unbelievably awesome.

Qwomo

Endermen (god what a stupid name) sound awesome. Notch keeps dangling that carrot of interest in front of my face.

My cousin just sparked an idea.

Enderman run and teleport at you.

We get sprint that patch.

Perhaps they drop something we need to craft in order to use sprint?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
ArtistDude88 said:
My cousin just sparked an idea.

Enderman run and teleport at you.

We get sprint that patch.

Perhaps they drop something we need to craft in order to use sprint?

Link's running shoes

Blizzard

Banned
Qwomo said:
Endermen (god what a stupid name) sound awesome. Notch keeps dangling that carrot of interest in front of my face.
I thought it was a slenderman-ish reference per Notch's comment on some site.

Mengy

If Endermen can teleport when they see you, and they get caught in a mob grinder with windows, and they see you through the glass, can they teleport out of the drowning pit and attack you?

LOL

Ranger X

Mengy said:
If Endermen can teleport when they see you, and they get caught in a mob grinder with windows, and they see you through the glass, can they teleport out of the drowning pit and attack you?

LOL

This new patch might make us revise alot of our devices lol

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
finally they are in a video game

weeping-angel.jpg

Mengy

Pulka said:
If you can kill enderman, what do they drop?

You can kill them, but Notch hasn't said what they will drop yet, if anything.

Ark

I'VE FIXED THE CREEPER BLOCK DAMAGE! HAHA!

Six hours of solid work, paid off in the end. Apparently when the server derped out whenever the damage came back, it deleted the worldguard world1 config file, I just copy/pasted the world 2 config file in there, and wa la.

Now I just need to work out how to fix the portal addon so that moderators and maybe donators can create them, and make the weather addon work.

I did implement the creativegates portal addon on the server, eventually I'm probably going to replace all of the community warps with portals instead.

Ark said:
I'VE FIXED THE CREEPER BLOCK DAMAGE! HAHA!
Hurrah!

Ark said:
I did implement the creativegates portal addon on the server, eventually I'm probably going to replace all of the community warps with portals instead.
Neat!

Maybe make a single warp to a fancy room with all the portals in it?

Top Bottom