• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ark

ArtistDude88 said:
Maybe make a single warp to a fancy room with all the portals in it?

I'll probably make a portal chamber/room at spawn and a few other areas.

The portal room at new spawn will be magnificent.

Orlandu84

Wow. Just, wow! I am, of course, referring to the concept of the Endermen. It's ideas like this that have made Minecraft one of the most engaging and interesting games that I have ever played. Notch, those who are about to mine, salute you!

Drazgul

Yogbox + IndustrialCraft = sex. Shame most of these mods don't work on SMP; Mojang really ought to make it easier to mod multiplayer.

Tried this out the other day when it came free with HIB 3. So far I haven't been able to punch a single block of wood out of a tree yet... I gave up on it once night fell in game.

ckohler said:
Here's my latest creation. I call it the VLA or Vertical Livestock Accelerator. It's basically an elaborate passive mob trap. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHr7nWkIdsA

Remember this amazing contraption? I built one on NeoCraft, almost perfectly identical! But the only problem is that it's not raining mobs like in his video.

I have a theory!

Only so many livestock mobs can spawn across the server at one time.

I remember someone building a huuuge monster grinder on Exano's, and there were so many monsters spawning in there, none were spawning above ground at night.

But I dunno.

Maybe I'm just depressed that I spent 3 days building this and it isn't raining animals like shown in the video. :(

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
ArtistDude88 said:
Remember this amazing contraption? I built one on NeoCraft, almost perfectly identical! But the only problem is that it's not raining mobs like in his video.

I have a theory!

I remember someone building a huuuge monster grinder on Exano's, and there were so many monsters spawning in there, none were spawning above ground at night.

But I dunno.

Maybe I'm just depressed that I spent 3 days building this and it isn't raining animals like shown in the video. :(

Where is it on the server? I'd like to check it out.

jon bones said:
My thoughts exactly :D

I hope all future mobs have as much thought put into them as this one. Very cool concept for a mob.

I'd love to see a mob with the ability to travel between the Nether and the overworld. Perhaps taking a different form in each. The need to do something to make the Nether more intresting anyhow because it's severely under used at present.

LuffyZoro

Ranger X said:
Some view of Arkyoto during the night...

ArKyotoNight.png

:)
I haven't done much since then, but I'm proud of my tower. (Big building in the middle)

ZZMitch

cooljeanius said:
Tried this out the other day when it came free with HIB 3. So far I haven't been able to punch a single block of wood out of a tree yet... I gave up on it once night fell in game.

Hold down the left mouse button.

LuffyZoro

Ok, I'm having a problem. I just went to install a new mod, copied all the files over to minecraft.jar, but there was no META-INF folder for me to delete. I tried launching it then, but all I see is the black screen after I login.

Can anyone help?

Ulchie

Banned
cooljeanius said:
Ya, you might wanna stick to console gaming. Don't think this one is for you.

Ranger X

ArtistDude88 said:

I have a theory!

But I dunno.

The design probably can be improved imo.
And since 1.7, the passive mobs are spawning in a different way. They don't need light + grass anymore, they only need grass now. What this means is super simple. When you had such trap before, as long as most the chunk you are on wasn't lit up and that your mob grinder was, passive mobs would spawn legion in it during the night. Right now, since they spawn everywhere in the chunk, it will not be concentrated as much in your mob grinder.

The same happens in my bad mob grinder. With them it's the opposite. Since they spawn during the night or places that are dark enough, they concentrate inside the grinder during the day (because inside of the grinder is completely dark). When it's the night outside, mobs are spawning everywhere in the chunk, therefore the grinder is almost at a halt.

Blizzard

Banned
cooljeanius said:
That's what I've been doing though...
If you're playing singleplayer and holding down the left mouse button on a tree, the tree trunk block should visibly change as you keep hitting it. Can you dig dirt by holding the mouse button on a block?

I played that game for seriously 12 hours yesterday. And I am not even 1/3rd done with the Kumamoto Castle

Furthermore, the short night long day mod is broken. It actually seems to have made the nights super long, and the days have become comparatively short. At least it seemed that way.

Ranger X

vas_a_morir said:
I played that game for seriously 12 hours yesterday. And I am not even 1/3rd done with the Kumamoto Castle

Furthermore, the short night long day mod is broken. It actually seems to have made the nights super long, and the days have become comparatively short. At least it seemed that way.

Kumamoto Castle?

Ark

vas_a_morir said:

I took the mod out because it was breaking redstone :lol

I'm going to try it again today to see if I can get it working.

Ranger X said:
Kumamoto Castle?

Kumamoto_Castle_Kumamoto_Japan.jpg

A little Google goes a long way ;)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Lazlo Woodbine said:
My thoughts exactly :D

I hope all future mobs have as much thought put into them as this one. Very cool concept for a mob.

I'd love to see a mob with the ability to travel between the Nether and the overworld. Perhaps taking a different form in each. The need to do something to make the Nether more intresting anyhow because it's severely under used at present.
Yes! If anyone wants to know what we are talking about, please watch Doctor Who - Blink. It's on instant and requires no background knowledge what so ever.

Jasoco

Banned
I'm looking for a sizable plot of underground land where I can start my next secret project. But it needs to be off somewhere that no one has built underground. By which I mean actually built stuff, not just mined out some materials.

Ocho

What can a new guy do in NeoCraft? Exploring what you guys created is fun (and, seriously, amazing stuff in there!), but my pickaxe itches.

celebi23

ochobit said:
What can a new guy do in NeoCraft? Exploring what you guys created is fun (and, seriously, amazing stuff in there!), but my pickaxe itches.
I'm wondering the same thing. I've done a lot in single player but, I'd like to give NeoCraft a shot. How does one chat on the server?

Ranger X

ochobit said:

The magic is that you can build whatever you want. Why not participating in one of the cities, especially Arkyoto while there's still activity there. :)

celebi23 said:
I'm wondering the same thing. I've done a lot in single player but, I'd like to give NeoCraft a shot. How does one chat on the server?

There's built in chat, just press 't' to type.

ochobit said:

Find an open space and build you own stuff, or warp to one of the community projects (type '/warp' and then either 'al-medina', 'arkoyto', 'bootbay' & 'moria') and add your own building to the ones already there (bearing in mind that each of the community projects have their own set of rules about the style and placement of buildings).

Orlandu84

I'm also thinking about making the jump from single player to multiplayer in Minecraft. Any advice? Is NeoCraft a good place to start? Also, how do mods work/not work in multiplayer games? Thanks a lot.

Ark

For those of you curious about NeoCraft:

NeoCraft is basically 100% vanilla Minecraft with a few neat tweaks. You can use /spawn to be taken to the spawn point, you can use /sethome to set your home, and /home to be teleported back to that location. You can also make use of the /warp function to be teleported to various areas on the map.

Creeper block damage is turned off, so no ninja house destroyers, but they can still damage players!

Has anyone encountered this?

minecraftfreeze.png

The biome is no where near an ice biome yet this ice randomly appeared and is spreading across all of the water.

Also, is there a way to implement a no creeper damage mod that I have for SP for my SMP server? What do you guys use for Neocraft?

BaDJuJu

Neo Member
Ark was randomly raining down lightening bolts on some poor bastard and it f'd up all of the areas. Leave it to the Brits to F everything up.

Souplak

Ok I know this isnt nearly as good as most stuff people post in this thread but for me its pretty good. I have a kitchen, barracks , smithy etc all fully equiped for no reason at all since this is om my SSP.

So what do you think?

b6UIhh.jpg

NVXAAh.jpg

6bMIoh.jpg

Ark

Quote said:
Do you have to request access to NeoCraft?

If so, I'd like to check it out!

You just need to quote the one of the OP posts to view the IP and you can jump right in :)

@Soup: I really like that castle, subtle, simple and awesome :)

Grinchy

Banned
vas_a_morir said:

LOL I cannot read the post you're quoting in any voice other than Bill Murray's now...

Soup - nice work! I've actually never seen anyone do a Netherrak castle like that. Cool stuff.

Tawpgun

ArtistDude88 said:
I've been meaning to ask. What exactly is this?

259zpn8.jpg

Some sort of magical dried out desert tree/giant mushroom that floats over water?
The screen was brightened. Probably a regular tree.

Ark said:
You just need to quote the one of the OP posts to view the IP and you can jump right in :)

@Soup: I really like that castle, subtle, simple and awesome :)
Thanks! Arkyoto is the nicest themed place I've ever seen in Minecraft.

Top Bottom