• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Feep said:
Jumping in for the first time.

SOMEONE GIVE ME AN AWESOME SEED VALUE

"gargamel" without the quotes, and make sure it is a lower case g at the front. Have fun!

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I think it's fake. Aren't the Endermen only supposed to come after you when your pointer floats over them? He was clearly coming after the player before that happened.

Still, good guesstimate! If that is how they work in the final thing I'm going to be shitting my pants. A lot.

epthegeek said:
Pretty sure this is fake. They're supposed to be on you like white on rice as soon as you look away - not play ninja cat.

I hear they are supposed to be able to teleport once a second, and can only tp a certain length. While I think this is quite possibly fake, the behavior is very close to what we are to expect.

Woorloog

Banned
Even if that's fake, i think that's exactly as Endermen should act. Though admitedly they'de be easy to avoid that way... Hmm... gotta see official footage...

Mengy

vas_a_morir said:

I think it's fake. Where are the new health and XP bars? We've already seen screenshots with the new bars in, so any builds with Endermen in should also have those as well. Even still, it's probably pretty accurate as to what we should expect, which is freaking awesome.

Ranger X

Yeah I think it's a good representation. But it's more scary in this video also because of the ambiance and sound effects added.

parasight

I really want some flying monsters. Dragons would be ideal, but at this point I'd settle for an eagle or something. The entire sky is pretty empty and uneventful. I remember hearing they're taking things from the Aether mod.

Mengy

Now what gets me is this: imagine accidentally cursoring over three of these guys in the middle of the night, and while you are staring them down trying to figure out how to deal with them you catch a creeper out of the corner of your eye who spots you and is making his way towards you, then you hear a spider screech to your left that is closer than you would like, and as you back away trying to formulate a plan you are shot by a skeleton arrow from some unknown direction.

Yeah, weeping angels my ass, its the combination of everything out there in the night of Minecraft that is going to kill us. Repeatedly.

I wonder if these guys spawn underground, and if their eyes glow white in the darkness...

Drazgul

Ark said:
We need more water mobs! Give us sharks :( And harpoon guns to kill them/fish them.

Been recently playing with Mo Creatures in SP, and there's some nasty sharks prowling in the waters.

Too bad my home area is a winter biome and those poor buggers are under the ice, sometimes glitching through it and then dying helplessly. At which point I laugh and collect their drops.

bengraven

Cabin above is awesome. I love how the most simple concepts can be the most beautiful houses.

Also, the adventure sounds fun, about to log in now!

Vlad

parasight said:
I really want some flying monsters. Dragons would be ideal, but at this point I'd settle for an eagle or something. The entire sky is pretty empty and uneventful. I remember hearing they're taking things from the Aether mod.

See, as much as I love the general idea of dragons, I actually like Minecraft's "non-standard" monsters more. Not to say I don't like having the spiders, zombies, and skeletons in the game, I think having more unique mods gives the game a LOT more character. The ghast, enderman, and especially the creeper are uniquely Minecraft enemies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Mengy said:
Now what gets me is this: imagine accidentally cursoring over three of these guys in the middle of the night, and while you are staring them down trying to figure out how to deal with them you catch a creeper out of the corner of your eye who spots you and is making his way towards you, then you hear a spider screech to your left that is closer than you would like, and as you back away trying to formulate a plan you are shot by a skeleton arrow from some unknown direction.
this is why my house is in midair strung between three mountains >_>

Septimius

I jump equally hard every time a skeleton shoots his bow at me and I don't expect it.

I am totally in love with the music of the game, though. Probably because it is really soothing, and is only played at such long intervals

Mengy

Vlad said:
See, as much as I love the general idea of dragons, I actually like Minecraft's "non-standard" monsters more. Not to say I don't like having the spiders, zombies, and skeletons in the game, I think having more unique mods gives the game a LOT more character. The ghast, enderman, and especially the creeper are uniquely Minecraft enemies.

I agree, I like the Minecraft specific mobs best. I don't think we need flying mobs in the normal world, but we definitely need birds. Just play with the birds mod to realize how freaking much atmosphere they add to the game. It's incredible how awesome they are in game. If dragons were to be added, I would like to see them "boss" mobs, complete with lairs and ruins and treasure and such, and a very rare spawn in the overworld. Make them even more rare than skeletons riding spiders!

But flying mobs in the aether (if it ever happens), now that would be required. Not dragons tho, too cliche. It would have to be something Minecraft original. Maybe some kind of bone serpent that spits teeth at you. Or better yet, large birds that don't actually damage you but fly at you and knock into the air and over a bit, threatening to knock you off a floating island and plummet to your doom. Or smaller melee ghasts (think the size of a medium slime) that are immune to bows and will slowly fly towards you and munch on you until you kill them.

Ramma2

ChoklitReign said:
They look more dangerous than creepers. You can't outrun them! Even with armor, you'll die if you can't escape. How does Notch, assuming this is real, expect us to survive?

By not looking at them directly.

Ark

I think I'm spending more time fixing the server rather than actually playing lately.

Apparently the chat plugin I had enabled has imploded so ranks & name colours don't work. I'm going to find a new one and try that instead now.

*sigh*

Talamius

The endermen are creepy enough, but why not set the ground around them on fire or fill them full of arrows when they freeze? Are they supposed to be invincible when still?

Toki1776

Ark said:
I think I'm spending more time fixing the server rather than actually playing lately.

Apparently the chat plugin I had enabled has imploded so ranks & name colours don't work. I'm going to find a new one and try that instead now.

*sigh*

Uh-oh... I'll have to check it on my server too, then...

Ark

Toki1776 said:
Uh-oh... I'll have to check it on my server too, then...

If you can hop on vent we might be able to help each other out :lol

I don't know what happened but iChat wont detect permissions.

somnific

just thought i'd share: finished up the Hotel Overlook Maze a few days ago!

minecraft_overlook_maze.png

Mengy

Ark said:

*sigh*

This is one reason why I would like to keep the server as vanilla as possible, the less mods we use the less there is to break and mess up. Hell, I'd even give up warps. In fact, I'd love that, it would make roads and minecart tunnels have a purpose again and would just seem more adventury. I love being forced to go out during the night. On Neocraft, you really never are in danger of getting trapped out in the night. It's one of the things I miss most from playing single player.

I'll admit, the chat interface mod would be hard to give up though.

Grinchy

Banned
somnific said:
You are a beast.

Ark said:
That sucks.... Neocraft is the most well-maintained server I've ever been on, so I'm sure everyone appreciates what you put into it.

Ark

Mengy said:
TI'll admit, the chat interface mod would be hard to give up though.

The chat plugin is the most important plugin imo. I'm really miffed it's just broken without reason.

Grinchy said:
That sucks.... Neocraft is the most well-maintained server I've ever been on, so I'm sure everyone appreciates what you put into it.

I sure hope so :p

Ark

viRxL.jpg

Can people please not build in the water or around the edges of the water around Arkyoto please.

Don't worry, anyone can still build in Arkyoto and such, but I'd prefer it if people didn't go past Ninefinger's manor and stayed out of the water.

I've got an interesting project I'm going to be working on throughout the next couple of weeks (hopefully shouldn't take longer than a week, week and a half). I'm going to keep the details secret though, you'll either have to watch stuff appear or wait for the end result ;)

Articalys said:
So redstone usage of this skill is in the top, what, 1% of all players? Or even less?

Actually, making songs that play is one of the easier things. It just takes up a lot of space, but once you learn the general idea, it's pretty easy to make your own.

EDIT: I thought you were talking about the first one. Second one is intense. lol

Ranger X said:
Jesus Christ, this looks harder and longer to make than reproducing the song in actual professional music equipment! lol

"Reproducing a song in a video game using a clumsy system of blocks and wires looks harder than reproducing it using professional tools that were designed to make it easier to produce music!"

I'm sorry. I'm a jerk. :(

So what's new? Anyone tried the Aether mod yet? GAF doesn't seem to touch on mods a lot but I'd be interested in reading some of your impressions of this one.

Ranger X

HappyBivouac said:
"Reproducing a song in a video game using a clumsy system of blocks and wires looks harder than reproducing it using professional tools that were designed to make it easier to produce music!"

I'm sorry. I'm a jerk. :(

*slaps you* :p

jokes aside, you know sometimes you open some music software and you go "hooooolyshit this looks complicated". But now after looking at that Minecraft video... lol

rezuth

Jasoco said:
It's gotta be fake. Notch said Endermen are peaceful and don't attack until you look directly at them and try to look away. Plus he wasn't holding a block. It's fake. Footage can't be leaked from Mojang unless it comes from Mojang themselves.
Sure it can but the outside group who has it is so small they could trace it hence they don't leak.

Xun

Are they raising the height of builds in 1.8? Just saw a supposed image of 1.8 and the build seemed tall.

Also if that Enderman vid is nightmare inducing.

vetrox

somnific said:

That looks awesome.

Here's a screen of a spider jockey, right after it killed spuit who spotted it. It's suffocating since the spider it's riding on is beneath the cobblestone.

ilEoZO.png

Top Bottom