• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

bengraven

Ark said:
http://i.imgur.com/viRxL.jpg

Can people please not build in the water or around the edges of the water around Arkyoto please.

Don't worry, anyone can still build in Arkyoto and such, but I'd prefer it if people didn't go past Ninefinger's manor and stayed out of the water.

I've got an interesting project I'm going to be working on throughout the next couple of weeks (hopefully shouldn't take longer than a week, week and a half). I'm going to keep the details secret though, you'll either have to watch stuff appear or wait for the end result ;)

1) I haven't built in Arkyoto yet, but it seems like there really isn't a lot of room to build anymore.

2) what is that in the bottom left corner?! What city is it?

Ark

radeonxt said:
Isn't it free to play until august 14th?

Minecraft? Yes if you purchase the Humble Indie Bundle.

bengraven said:
1) I haven't built in Arkyoto yet, but it seems like there really isn't a lot of room to build anymore.

2) what is that in the bottom left corner?! What city is it?

1) Believe me, once I'm done renovating Arkyoto, there will be plenty of free space to build.

2) That would be Ninefinger's town/city/place/thing.

Bengraven, if you see me online, I can show you about 30 places to build. :)

EDIT: And not surprised the Endermen video is fake... Notch ain't that good. lol

mr_chun

Leunam said:
Notch has confirmed on his Twitter that all the Endermen videos are fake.
Yep, came to post this. Not surprised, they've been good about leaks. And it just didn't seem right, like Notch wasn't explaining how they work well.

Souplak

Ark said:
Can people please not build in the water or around the edges of the water around Arkyoto please.

Don't worry, anyone can still build in Arkyoto and such, but I'd prefer it if people didn't go past Ninefinger's manor and stayed out of the water.

I've got an interesting project I'm going to be working on throughout the next couple of weeks (hopefully shouldn't take longer than a week, week and a half). I'm going to keep the details secret though, you'll either have to watch stuff appear or wait for the end result ;)

Bootybay isnt anywhere near there right? I have been to all the warp locations but dont really know where they are compared to the other places.

Ark

Souplak said:
Bootybay isnt anywhere near there right? I have been to all the warp locations but dont really know where they are compared to the other places.

BootyBay is miles away :)

Jasoco

Banned
Xun said:
I really want to start building on NeoCraft, but I'm too intimidated by it. :(
The best thing to do is just walk around and look at all the stuff you can. Use all the warps. Explore the world. Once you have taken it all in, settle down somewhere no one has built yet and start building something.

Ranger X

Xun said:

Don't be, just have fun building a settlement you like. I made nothing really special on the server yet I am having alot of fun. I have a house in each town and the only "huge" thing I did was the mob grinder near the spawn.

Xun

I have a project I'd like to start but I really don't know my way around the place.

Guess I'll go exploring later on! :p

celebi23

Xun said:
I was too but, now I've got a nice cabin & farm set up. The different "cities"/warp zones are freaking AMAZING

Roche

Just had a stupid amount of creepers around my house

2011-08-03_03.50.406ujb.png

bengraven

Ark said:
Minecraft? Yes if you purchase the Humble Indie Bundle.

1) Believe me, once I'm done renovating Arkyoto, there will be plenty of free space to build.

2) That would be Ninefinger's town/city/place/thing.

1) okay, sounds good to me, I'll just wait. I have an idea...I just want to do a simple little courtyard and four buildings, like a house from an old samurai movie.

Really sick of my castle: I wanted to build something massive and impressive, but I can't really think of how to do the interior and frankly am bored of it. I would like a small place to retire.

2) what's the warp on this? Ninefingers has skills, he's an old GAFland alum, I wanna see his place.

Jasoco said:
I love how they're all looking at you hoping you're going to jump down and join them.

Oh I guess I'm the only one who's picturing them harassing that zombie. Like "yo, baby where you goin?" "leave me alone!"

Articalys said:
What are the differences between social classes on Neocraft?

1. Peasant: It's like junior member on GAF.
2. Citizen: It's like a regular member on GAF.
3. Veteran: It's like a tagged member on GAF.
4. Donator: It's like a GAF-GOLD Account member on GAF.
5. Mod: It's like a Red Named Mod on GAF.
6. Admin: It's like Evilore... on GAF.

Honestly, it's like this:

1. you first join, you are a peasant.
2. Prove you aren't a griefer and aren't a complete idiot, you are a Citizen. You can use FIRE.
3. Give money at any time, you are a donator. You get to use TNT!
4. If you are really active, generous with materials, observe etiquette, and can build competently, you can become a veteran.
5. Mods can control a lot of things.
5. Admin: Ark.

Articalys

vas_a_morir said:
e: Answered above, cool.

e2: *looks below this post* Argh, I mean Citizens and Peasants, but you answered in your edit anyway, so thanks.

Articalys said:
So what's the equivalent of "making a topic" that Citizens can do but Veterans can't?

As far as I know, Citizens and Vets have the same privileges. That's why it's like a tag... a small gesture of respect, I guess.

I think Ark may add a new level soon. Maybe one below a vet and above a Citizen... or one between a Vet and a Mod.

Ark

vas_a_morir said:

This is actually a pretty decent comparison :lol

Souplak said:
Sort of between Bootybay and a huge tree. I was basically out wandering looking for clay when I found it. It had lots of domes and glowstone.

Ah shit. That's my old giant underwater base project. I lost all motivation for it and left it abandoned. It's all cheated for, I cheated to make the hole, the domes were built by hand but it just felt ... wrong.

ArtistDude88 said:
:(

On Timan's Creative, everyone gets it there. I just miss it so much :'(

I enabled flying on Neocraft, anyone can use it! Roche has already started using it, I'll be turning it off in a couple of days though.

vas_a_morir said:
As far as I know, Citizens and Vets have the same privileges. That's why it's like a tag... a small gesture of respect, I guess.

I think Ark may add a new level soon. Maybe one below a vet and above a Citizen... or one between a Vet and a Mod.

I was thinking of adding a new rank in the form of 'Architect' the only problem is, I don't know how to further differentiate it from the current ranks. Or renaming Veteran as Architect, either way I need to find a way to differentiate them.

Jhriad

Ark said:
I enabled flying on Neocraft, anyone can use it! Roche has already started using it, I'll be turning it off in a couple of days though.

So many names I recognize on Neocraft from prior servers. Must.. resist.. urge.. to.. join.

Silly question maybe, but does the game work in offline mode?
Going to visit my mother for a few days now that it's her birthday, and my brother will be there too, I wanted to take the game along (trying to get my brother to play it and terraria) but she doesn't have an inet connection.

commissar

yes it does.

fail the connection test and it'll offer a play offline thing.

I believe you need to have logged in online on the pc previously though

Ranger X

commissar said:
yes it does.

fail the connection test and it'll offer a play offline thing.

I believe you need to have logged in online on the pc previously though

Also works without logging to minecraft.net

Ranger X said:
Also works without logging to minecraft.net
What does that mean?

Since it's on my mother's janky old pc (athlon xp, radeon 9200 :p) and she doesn't have inet connection atm I won't be able to log in to my minecraft account on her pc.

I hope commisar is wrong<,<

Ranger X

SneakyStephan said:
What does that mean?

Since it's on my mother's janky old pc (athlon xp, radeon 9200 :p) and she doesn't have inet connection atm I won't be able to log in to my minecraft account on her pc.

I hope commisar is wrong<,<

No, it works offline without logging to minecraft.net
You might need internet to install the game the very first time though.
I don't know to make so it's your account that will play there...

Quikies83

Is there a secret to not getting banhammered within 15 seconds of joining the NeoCraft server? Just got this game today.... My co-worker and I played for most of the day. I'm totally hooked.

Ranger X

Quikies83 said:
Is there a secret to not getting banhammered within 15 seconds of joining the NeoCraft server? Just got this game today.... My co-worker and I played for most of the day. I'm totally hooked.

Secret is simple. No griefing, no floating trees and always respect the community projects rules.

Quikies83

Ranger X said:
Secret is simple. No griefing, no floating trees and always respect the community projects rules.
I wish it were that easy.. I seriously got banned within 15 seconds of joining... Didn't chat. I was reading the signs posted around the spawn and BAM.
Help me understand.

Natiko

Banned
Finally played the trial for the first time the other night with some friends. Surprisingly had a lot of fun. I'm still not convinced that it's much of a game or would be enjoyable alone but it can be some goofy fun messing around with friends. It'd be nice if some of the cool mods I've seen actually worked in multiplayer.

Ark

Quikies83 said:
I wish it were that easy.. I seriously got banned within 15 seconds of joining... Didn't chat. I was reading the signs posted around the spawn and BAM.
Help me understand.

Only one person has been banned on the NeoCraft server in all of the almost 4 months it's been active. So you being banned isn't possible. What's your Minecraft user name?

bengraven said:
In Arkyoto, looking for a place to build a house and oh wow, that gate control is so simple but so clever. The one in the valley.

Why thank you :p

bengraven

In Arkyoto, looking for a place to build a house and oh wow, that gate control is so simple but so clever. The one in the valley.

Ark said:
Only one person has been banned on the NeoCraft server in all of the almost 4 months it's been active. So you being banned isn't possible.

(I assumed it was yours now that I saw how much wool was being used...cheater. ;) )

Who was banned, btw?

Tenck

A NeoGaf mine craft server? Must resist temptation to waste precious hours of m......oh who am I kidding. I'll join you guys soon enough :)

Quikies83

Ark said:
Only one person has been banned on the NeoCraft server in all of the almost 4 months it's been active. So you being banned isn't possible. What's your Minecraft user name?

Quikies83

Top Bottom