• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Bootaaay said:
For Castleton?

Coble or Stone mainly with some wooden trunks here and there and Brick is OK as long as it's used sparingly.
tumblr_ln2cq8btSf1qj364vo1_400.gif

EVIL

teh ocean location seems like a great idea :D

that actually would save a lot of digging down, tho you still need teh cobble and dirt to build the island :p
and by draining you get some buckets for the sewer system for "free"
great idea I'd say lets do that

For the roads on the upepr city, some discussion
- Bricks (no trolls on this vas ><)
- sandstone
- the half baked stones, smooth slabs

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Houston3000 said:
I don't really know what to do now. I assumed I'd eventually reach lava or find caverns with monsters to fight and lots of crystals and better ore but no such luck. My mine has become quite a complicated labyrinth of tunnels with multiple checkpoints and signs that's just getting more and more confusing to navigate. I even went as far as building a straight path down to the lower levels with stairs but no matter how much I mine around I don't know how to get deeper. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like you've hit rock bottom. *rimshot*

Seriously though, that sounds like bedrock. You can't dig it, it's the bottom of the world.

Houston3000 said:
I don't really know what to do now. I assumed I'd eventually reach lava or find caverns with monsters to fight and lots of crystals and better ore but no such luck. My mine has become quite a complicated labyrinth of tunnels with multiple checkpoints and signs that's just getting more and more confusing to navigate. I even went as far as building a straight path down to the lower levels with stairs but no matter how much I mine around I don't know how to get deeper. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, any help would be appreciated.

Mine outwards, with occasional dips, rather than straight down - go in the opposite direction to that in which your first mine heads, and rather than just going down as fast as possible, tunnel downwards only every now and then. And follow the grunts of monsters! I hope that helps - it's kind of what I do, though I have no strategy to my mining - I just do whatever comes to min
e
d at the time :)

Rapstah

Mister_Bubbles said:
Mine outwards, with occasional dips, rather than straight down - go in the opposite direction to that in which your first mine heads, and rather than just going down as fast as possible, tunnel downwards only every now and then. And follow the grunts of monsters! I hope that helps - it's kind of what I do, though I have no strategy to my mining - I just do whatever comes to min
e
Also, aren't diamonds usually found, together with lava pools, slightly above bedrock? I would dig up a couple of blocks before digging to the sides.

Valru said:
I would do it in the ocean.

Somewhere like this, where only minimal alteration would be required (filling in the shore, dredging the ocean).

By my mountaintop castle? But I liked being alone out there ...

Charron said:
Sounds like you've hit rock bottom. *rimshot*

Seriously though, that sounds like bedrock. You can't dig it, it's the bottom of the world.
Mister_Bubbles said:
e
Rapstah said:
Also, aren't diamonds usually found, together with lava pools, slightly above bedrock? I would dig up a couple of blocks before digging to the sides.
Ok, that's what I assumed. Don't get me wrong though, I didn't dig straight down, I have a nice winding path with big areas dug out throughout... only after the fact did I wind straight down with stairs because the commute to the lower levels was long as hell. I did go up a couple of levels from the bedrock and start digging around - found a lot more iron and red dust as well as some blue crystals. I guess I just assumed the bottom of the world would all be lava and not unbreakable stone.

My graphics clipped once when I was swimming in the ocean and I saw some lava beneath there - I started digging underneath it but I accidentally flooded the tunnel :(. I know in one of the other worlds I created there was a huge cavern right near my spawn I was hoping to find something similar. I'll just dig around a bit more though, maybe spread some tunnels out to different areas.

Rapstah said:

I believe the best block level for diamonds are 10-16, to find level 10 know that the first level of bedrock is 5.

Orlandu84

Houston3000 said:
I guess I just assumed the bottom of the world would all be lava and not unbreakable stone.

There is certainly enough lava for me, at least! I made a new mine over the weekend in my single player game, and it seems to be completely surrounded by lava! I tried finding the source of the lava to no avail. N.B. always have a pond in your mine to jump in for when you are set afire by lava ;) For now I am just trying to find at least one free side to expand the mine on.

Blizzard

Banned
Speaking of deciding to buy Minecraft, apparently it passed 3 million sales when I was not paying attention, and is still selling 10,000+ copies a day as far as I can tell, for a cool $200,000+ USD per day minus all the fees/taxes/whatever.

EVIL said:
you won't be anyways
down in the lake SSW of the circle is a new city beeing built... Venice

Oh, that's what that is? Was wondering. Just please don't raze the forests too much, lol ;) (or at least replant!)

bengraven

Well we've had a lot of new people here, discussion is constantly going, so let's just keep discussion going in a positive direction and figure out the main materials for Castleton.

Mik, don't leave, seriously. Like mcrae said, months of good times and you want to quit because a new person, likely one who's on trial and not going to be around after 8/14?

Mik2121

Eh, just went to the server and now it's all explained. Still, I thought whoever made the tower made the floating text around and was just trolling.

Anyway, I guess it's ok to keep the tower (bootaay should decide anyway), but that text... :p

And mcrae, I already told you on the game but again, I over-reacted (which is lame, this being a game and all that) but I thought this was some griefer and not someone just kidding around. We have had a bunch setting stuff on fire and all that. I didn't want to have another griefer writing text in the air :p

Anyway, everything is ok I guess. I'll be back at night and I'll continue building in Castleton.

Bengraven, it's alright. As I said, I thought this was some griefer (we've had our fair share already :p). But apparently it was just juju and Ark :p Anyway, things are alright, I kinda over-reacted.

Hey mcrae, could you edit your posts, this is kinda embarrasing now :p

Yeah, that shit is so fucking dumb. I've left it standing for a good few hours now and I'm guessing it's intended target has seen it already, so whoever built it can either tear it down, or I'll do it myself next time I'm on the server. Enough of this shit already.

Bootaaay said:
Yeah, that shit is so fucking dumb. I've left it standing for a good few hours now and I'm guessing it's intended target has seen it already, so whoever built it can either tear it down, or I'll do it myself next time I'm on the server. Enough of this shit already.

It's all over with. We can destroy it... and keep that precious brick for ourselves!

KuroNeeko

Hey all,

Been a SP Minecrafter for a while and would like to see what you guys have been doing on the Neocraft server (that is the server you all are talking about right?) I checked for the server address in the OP but didn't see anything. Is that intentional? Do I have to PM someone for the address?

Jasoco

Banned
KuroNeeko said:
Hey all,

Been a SP Minecrafter for a while and would like to see what you guys have been doing on the Neocraft server (that is the server you all are talking about right?) I checked for the server address in the OP but didn't see anything. Is that intentional? Do I have to PM someone for the address?
Hint: Follow the instructions. The address should be in post #3. Also, don't take it literal either. You'll know what I mean.

2-Camron-You-Mad.gif

mad.jpg

It's all in good fun. I think everything is okay. If we just discuss all disagreements here with the community, I think we can all come to understand and respect each other amicably.

mcrae

time to flood this thread with 11 pictures of the same things from different angles! i went and made a tree-house-fort thing yesterday and today. i still want to add some trees, water, and redstone, but not sure where and how. main goal was lots of stairs and ladders, and ways to get around. still gotta carve out a basement. and clear some of the green trees to give a nice view of the desert/river.

first view when coming from arkyoto
5p1Fr.jpg

view looking south west, lower deck is slightly raised above the ground on the outskirts
Sk9xP.jpg

view looking south east, i gated off the entrance to my mine
kp0X7.jpg

view looking north, from the lower patio
2kL6B.jpg

jumping up to the closest patio you can see from the last pic, looking northeast at the one tree i've used so far, you can see the ladder on the pillar giving access to the deck on the bedroom, and the two torches in the center are over the stairway to the lower patio
QRzLA.jpg

moving to the right move, view of the main deck area, looking south
BduvN.jpg

closer view with the front door when heading in from arkyoto
8UX98.jpg

moving up top now, looking south from the corner of one room
3gqHR.jpg

looking north into another room
WWspV.png

further up my windy-staircase tower,
looking north from the upper tower
lm4D6.jpg

looking east from the upper tower
v0heD.jpg

looking back towards arkyoto, south-east i believe
mtj6E.jpg

finally sunset looking off bedroom porch
YAEIr.jpg

KuroNeeko

Jasoco said:
Hint: Follow the instructions. The address should be in post #3. Also, don't take it literal either. You'll know what I mean.

Got it. Thanks ;D

Is there a post or something outlining the server etiquette?

edit: Just checking but are there times when the server is down? I just tried to log in but got a time out error. ;.;

Jasoco

Banned
KuroNeeko said:
Got it. Thanks ;D

Is there a post or something outlining the server etiquette?
Don't grief.

If you build in one of the designated areas, make sure it matches the theme. (Bootybay, Artokyo, Al-Medina, etc..)

Don't grief.

No running by the pool.

Do not feed after midnight.

Don't grief.

mcrae

Jasoco said:
Don't grief.

If you build in one of the designated areas, make sure it matches the theme. (Bootybay, Artokyo, Al-Medina, etc..)

Don't grief.

No running by the pool.

Do not feed after midnight.

Don't grief.

also no floating trees

KuroNeeko

Jasoco said:
Oh, and I almost forgot. No griefing.

Got it;D

Sorry for the stupid questions, but like I said, I've only been playing in SP Survival.

Will you need to go out and mine your own materials for your projects? Can you build a storage space and not have to worry about people plundering your stock?

Rapstah

KuroNeeko said:
Got it;D

Sorry for the stupid questions, but like I said, I've only been playing in SP Survival.

Will you need to go out and mine your own materials for your projects? Can you build a storage space and not have to worry about people plundering your stock?
You can have private chests if that's an issue. Not sure what happens if they break or are covered in lava or something such.

KuroNeeko said:

Yeah, you'll have to mine everything - as for safe storage, you can lock chests and doors, but I think you need to be a citizen first. Either PM Ark here on GAF with your Minecraft username, or if he sees you on the server he'll upgrade you to a citizen.

We don't have much trouble we griefing, but it is an occasional problem so it's best to lock your stuff.

Ranger X

mcrae said:
also no floating trees

This is extremely important. Insta-permaban at first offence.

Jasoco, what's up with that side-grass on grass blocks? You use the default texture set except for a couple of textures or something? Or my Minecraft is fucked up and I don't get side grass?

Jasoco

Banned
Ranger X said:
This is extremely important. Insta-permaban at first offence.

Jasoco, what's up with that side-grass on grass blocks? You use the default texture set except for a couple of textures or something? Or my Minecraft is fucked up and I don't get side grass?
Who? Me? Not me! It's not me!

But it's probably the "Better grass" mod.

I was having difficulty connecting to the survival server. I input the IP and it says Connection refused: connect. Does anyone know how to fix this?

EVIL

NihonTiger90 said:
Oh, that's what that is? Was wondering. Just please don't raze the forests too much, lol ;) (or at least replant!)

Of course the trees will be replanted I've actually planted quite a few forests already,
Chop a tree replant all the seedlings, that's just how it should work

Top Bottom